APA President blasts management.

700UW said:
Complex systems yes, you being more knowledgeable then a mechanic nope.

And an FCC Radio License isnt hard to get, that all you need to legally fix Avionics and sign off the book.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-FCC-Licensed-Avionics-Technician

And there are many line stations that DONT have line avionics and the regular A&P has to fix it, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in.

Yep, resetting and/or replacing boxes is so complex.

Work in the Avionics shop, then you can brag.
In this post 700 really doesnt know. He cant understand that some of us may have worked in shops repairing boards or other electronic components.

Line Avionics is a cush job, and you know, but to claim have to know more than and A&P is total BS.

Like I have stated Avionics is not at every station, and yet the A&P does that work also and fixes the plane, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in to reset or replace a box.

Reactions: 1 person
700UW said:
Line Avionics is a cush job, and you know, but to claim have to know more than and A&P is total BS.

Like I have stated Avionics is not at every station, and yet the A&P does that work also and fixes the plane, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in to reset or replace a box.
Alright I'm going to shockingly be nice to the two coneheads today. Looking at this and some other things online, I'm going to have to give them the credit they deserve for the field they're in. It doesn't look like cush to get to where they are.

http://www.citytowninfo.com/employment/avionics-technicians

DallasConehead said:
In this post, 700 minimizes the knowledge we have regarding complex avionics systems, you see 700, replacing or resetting the box, control, switch, panel, etc etc may not be difficult, the knowledge comes in when knowing which area within the system to work on, which is acquired through years of experience on a particular airframe of which we have knowledge of at least 6 different aircraft. Additionally, knowing the regulatory oversight of a particular repair of reset or replace. This very knowledge is also readily apparent with regular airframe/engine mechanics. These people also have in depth knowledge of all the different aircraft in the fleet and their systems developed over years of working the aircraft.

These 2 individuals, 700 and weasel, constantly attempt to minimize our craft with out knowing what steps along our career paths we have worked.

Many of us have served in the armed forces and gained experience there. Many in civil aviation starting on smaller aircraft. We have attended colleges tech schools, many schools through the company,  it seems sometimes these 2 are oblivious to these facts.

Very sad.

You have a very serious problem with trying to put words in my mouth. I have never tried to minimize your craft, job, skill, vocation or education. Not ever.

What I have said and its from what you and your other friend write on here is that the two of you are greedy. What is wrong with just admitting that you are? Being greedy has nothing to do with whether or not you should be paid more. I've said many times that you should be.

The problem I have with you TWO is your lack of compassion for your own (supposed) Brothers and Sisters who live in high COL areas. It's the fact that you could never just respond with "scew them, I don't care about them"

And if you feel that way about them I don't have to guess how you feel about what me and my group make. (No question mark)

700UW said:
Complex systems yes, you being more knowledgeable then a mechanic nope.

And an FCC Radio License isnt hard to get, that all you need to legally fix Avionics and sign off the book.

http://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-FCC-Licensed-Avionics-Technician

And there are many line stations that DONT have line avionics and the regular A&P has to fix it, they dont road trip an Avionics guy in.

Yep, resetting and/or replacing boxes is so complex.

Work in the Avionics shop, then you can brag.
In this post 700 incorrectly assumes its not possible that any of us could have ever worked a bench...

Sad....

Signed..
Greedy Mechanic

Reactions: 2 people
700UW said:
Reset or replace the box.
And you don't even need an A&P to perform avionics work per the FAA, all you need is an FCC Radio licence, at US we had a lead avionics on the line that only had his FCC. The company after the PI merger wanted all avionics to have their A&P.

Just dump the Lav....... And will call you when needed!

Reactions: 5 people
DallasConehead said:
In this post 700 incorrectly assumes its not possible that any of us could have ever worked a bench...
Sad....
Signed..
Greedy Mechanic
You have to remember you're dealing with an idiot. He's jealous he is dumps lavs instead of fixes airplanes.

Reactions: 3 people
WeAAsles said:
You have a very serious problem with trying to put words in my mouth. I have never tried to minimize your craft, job, skill, vocation or education. Not ever.
What I have said and its from what you and your other friend write on here is that the two of you are greedy. What is wrong with just admitting that you are? Being greedy has nothing to do with whether or not you should be paid more. I've said many times that you should be.
The problem I have with you TWO is your lack of compassion for your own (supposed) Brothers and Sisters who live in high COL areas. It's the fact that you could never just respond with "scew them, I don't care about them"
And if you feel that way about them I don't have to guess how you feel about what me and my group make. (No question mark)
In this post the weasel incorrectly assumes that it's not possible that any of us could have came from a high-cost area and relocated to Dallas and Fort Worth.

Very sad indeed

700 if your talking about your knowledge in negotiations and unions you fail there also. You still did not answer my questions it's still more then resetting . You made the statement your more knowlagabe then us amts. we couldn't learn our job working at autozone like you did for stores. So tell me how to pull up the CFDS on the 787 . That's not resetting that's knowing the airplane. You started this with you more knowledgeable crap. You are so full of crap 700 . You and your I did this I did that . You haven't done any thing. You say you were on the nc . That's nothing to brag about with all the consesions you came back with. The unions should never ever give up consesions. And people like you who that brag about it discussed me.

Reactions: 3 people
WeAAsles said:
your the one with the serious proplom you do not know me so you have no idea what my ideas are. I want industry leading pay and benefits so where ever you live . You can make it in high cost of living areas . That's where me and you are far apart. You only care about pumping of the twu for your high fleet wage in your previous post with li and your contracted friend. You braged how you would be making 29 bucks a hour because of the twu.That's ok but you should not speak out against amts who want better wages . For there field of work aa mechanics are behind way over 10 bucks a hour with delta United south west even jet blue mechanics make more. And in benefits we are way behind delta and United . With holidays vacations and we lost our double and a half on holiday pay. And we lost double time after 12 hours and second day off after working first day off. So I'm fighting for all mechanics no matter where they live. You are spinning every thing . You hate us mechanics. So the twu has been good to fleet and bad to amts. so you have no right to stop us from getting our pay. And benefits we amts deserve. We are on topic as the pilots union wrote Parker stating it is buisness as usual when Parker promised so much more promising so much to get the unions on board for merger and not delivering. From what I herd was delta pilots told delta management no own a merger with us air. So Parker learned from that . If your happy with delta plus 3 more power to you. I am not . That dose not even come close to all the pay we lost since 2003 . Again the twu is not negotiating in the interest in the members settling for what for that when at first it was delta plus 7. I do not care that delta lowered the profit shareing for the 14 plus percent raise. They still get one if the new rules happen. So there still making more money . You are so brainwashed . And another thing is if the twu did there job. Then people in high cost would not be a issue . So again I care but it's the twu fault for not getting the most in negotiations. .you should of seen all the amts line up on the jet bridge when jim little came from Sju in 2003 we all thanked him for screwing us again. . And I never see you talk about fleet in place like nyc lax giving them more. See you are part of the igm in fleet because you feel other groups are not entitled to get more so you can have your 29 bucks a hour. Your words not mind . Like I said talking down to li. And about your contract friend. In previous post.

DallasConehead said:
In this post the weasel incorrectly assumes that it's not possible that any of us could have came from a high-cost area and relocated to Dallas and Fort Worth.

Very sad indeed
Did you? Because if you did I'm shocked then that you don't have some more sympathy for those who maybe stayed where you came from?

Yes we both made choices to leave there but at least I'm still concerned about them.

conehead777 said:
your the one with the serious proplom you do not know me so you have no idea what my ideas are. I want industry leading pay and benefits so where ever you live . You can make it in high cost of living areas . That's where me and you are far apart. You only care about pumping of the twu for your high fleet wage in your previous post with li and your contracted friend. You braged how you would be making 29 bucks a hour because of the twu.That's ok but you should not speak out against amts who want better wages . For there field of work aa mechanics are behind way over 10 bucks a hour with delta United south west even jet blue mechanics make more. And in benefits we are way behind delta and United . With holidays vacations and we lost our double and a half on holiday pay. And we lost double time after 12 hours and second day off after working first day off. So I'm fighting for all mechanics no matter where they live. You are spinning every thing . You hate us mechanics. So the twu has been good to fleet and bad to amts. so you have no right to stop us from getting our pay. And benefits we amts deserve. We are on topic as the pilots union wrote Parker stating it is buisness as usual when Parker promised so much more promising so much to get the unions on board for merger and not delivering. From what I herd was delta pilots told delta management no own a merger with us air. So Parker learned from that . If your happy with delta plus 3 more power to you. I am not . That dose not even come close to all the pay we lost since 2003 . Again the twu is not negotiating in the interest in the members settling for what for that when at first it was delta plus 7. I do not care that delta lowered the profit shareing for the 14 plus percent raise. They still get one if the new rules happen. So there still making more money . You are so brainwashed . And another thing is if the twu did there job. Then people in high cost would not be a issue . So again I care but it's the twu fault for not getting the most in negotiations. .you should of seen all the amts line up on the jet bridge when jim little came from Sju in 2003 we all thanked him for screwing us again. . And I never see you talk about fleet in place like nyc lax giving them more. See you are part of the igm in fleet because you feel other groups are not entitled to get more so you can have your 29 bucks a hour. Your words not mind . Like I said talking down to li. And about your contract friend. In previous post.

Oh why don't you just shut up once and for all? No I do not think that currently Delta plus 3% is enough. Why don't you go back and READ how many times I've said that the 3% is "subpar" I wish someone would at least for once come out and say yea WeAAsles did say that?

As far as Fleet. I'm not making any distinction. Off the top of my head I'll give a basic. I should be making about .50 more than my counterparts in DFW (Where I worked for 12 years BTW) and people in places like NYC (In Fleet) should be making about $3.00 more then their counterparts in DFW. And neither still equals the average COL BTW.

Why don't you just freakin admit that you do not want people anywhere to make more per hour than you no matter where they live? 

It amazes me that no one even knows who you are and you still don't have the balls to say it.

People on here know who I am and I'm not scared S,less to speak my mind.

David Eivers, FSC Miami.

How about you try growing a set?

I wonder if Doug Parker knows that management will have a mechanic walk off a job rather then pay him $24 to work through his lunch. Doesn't matter if it's a live trip or not. Sometimes they pay, but they make you jump through hoops and stand there and explain your actions, it's much easier not to deal with it and just go and eat my lunch. I'm willing to bet that little nugget of info doesn't make it into the delay report. I don't stay for penalty hours either, I just stop working at a point where I can leave an easy turnover or I don't start the job.

I absolutely love telling a pilot that I'm being sent to lunch and I'll be back in 30 min. I can see why the pilots wrote that letter and made it public. When I tell the FA's they get upset with me, but then I ask if they went on strike in 93, and don't you know that effected the pax.

It's sad how we were there for the company in 2003, and took pay cuts etc etc.....and from 2003 through today the executives have enjoyed bonuses and profit sharing EVERY year while treating us like scumbags for WORKING through our lunch and expecting to be compensated for it. I doubt Doug knows any of the day to day operations, otherwise he wouldn't be saying some of his public statements and losing credibility with the employees.

WeAAsles said:
Did you? Because if you did I'm shocked then that you don't have some more sympathy for those who maybe stayed where you came from?

Yes we both made choices to leave there but at least I'm still concerned about them.
Now, in this particular post the weasel david realizes he has been making incorrect assumptions, (which is typical of twu loyalists) , he finds it hard to believe I could have come from a high cost city on the left coast. (But it is so).

Weasel david also claims to have concern about other workers when really this is his way of showing his concern about how much money he makes.

WeAAsles said:
Oh why don't you just shut up once and for all? No I do not think that currently Delta plus 3% is enough. Why don't you go back and READ how many times I've said that the 3% is "subpar" I wish someone would at least for once come out and say yea WeAAsles did say that?

As far as Fleet. I'm not making any distinction. Off the top of my head I'll give a basic. I should be making about .50 more than my counterparts in DFW (Where I worked for 12 years BTW) and people in places like NYC (In Fleet) should be making about $3.00 more then their counterparts in DFW. And neither still equals the average COL BTW.

Why don't you just freakin admit that you do not want people anywhere to make more per hour than you no matter where they live? 

It amazes me that no one even knows who you are and you still don't have the balls to say it.

People on here know who I am and I'm not scared S,less to speak my mind.

David Eivers, FSC Miami.

How about you try growing a set?
In this post weasel david again tries to show concern for what others make. Really whats going on here is weasel david is one of those guys that concerns himself with what everyone else is doing and what everyone else is making. In reality, he should be concerned with his own performance. But, to go on with the point he espouses to make:

The issue weasel david is not with what high cost cities should make, I don't care if they make $100/hr, just remember, for the high cost cities there has to be low cost cities, in the baggage handler world that is dfw, in the Airline Mechanic world, that is TULE. Let me explain something to you weasel david, while the membership in these 2 stations may agree with your espousal of more pay for high cost areas, of which I can count myself as one of them, the "supposed" union leadership of these areas does not. For any one of them to agree to high pay rates for other areas of the country and to leave their members at low pay rates is political suicide. Because, as you know, the majority of folks are IGMs, they will not vote a rep back into office that brought something like that back. As for me, I couldn't care less. You get the "alleged" leadership to bring back an agreement with higher pay for high cost areas and that issue wont stop me from voting for it.

Finally, in his post, weasel david again tries to belittle the mechanic by outing himself and claiming we do not have testicles unless we out ourselves. His choice, not mine, of which I still do have one right weasel david?