APFA M2M Roadshow in London

But if AA lets them book the travel in F/C, then that is AA's problem.

Don't disagree. I have a problem with officers & directors being able to reserve F & J. If they don't suffer with the rest of us in Y once in a while, how the heck are they supposed to understand the product?...

At the same time, I find it hard to believe that AA lets them book the travel in that class if the space is not available at the time of booking.

They can't book the cabin if it's not available, and there's no restriction on inventory like you see with A10/11/12 and E inventory.

IORFA

Do you honestly think that seeing 50 F/A's a day justifies the expense of going to London, and overnighting in NYC ( Downtown hotel )? Perhaps using a telephone would be more beneficial.

Regarding the bumping of 4 F/C passengers, are you really serious? Do you work here at all? You honestly think AA would let the agents bump 4 F/C passengers for employees on union business? Seriously, lets all start to think about these so called "rumors". Union business is usually A-10 positive space in coach.

All AAPFA National Officers travel at A5 status. Yes, I do think agents would bump revenue for these idiots to travel. Heck if AA allows our former Treasurer to push a f/a in the first class galley on a 777 and keep her job...

Yes, they will allow anything!

All AAPFA National Officers travel at A5 status. Yes, I do think agents would bump revenue for these idiots to travel. Heck if AA allows our former Treasurer to push a f/a in the first class galley on a 777 and keep her job...

Yes, they will allow anything!

Well, even juicier news than this supposed A5 F bump is that our former pres and former treasurer retired with lifetime A5 passes. Apparently when you retire from AA you retain the travel pass class that you had at the time of retirement. Pretty smart of those two to go out as national union officers huh? I have to hand it to them.

IORFA

Do you honestly think that seeing 50 F/A's a day justifies the expense of going to London, and overnighting in NYC ( Downtown hotel )? Perhaps using a telephone would be more beneficial.

Yes, I do. You would be complaining no matter what, so I have no problem that they sent people to LHR to meet with those who couldn't make the local reps in ops. If I remember correctly, these were scheduled on sort of short notice.

Well, even juicier news than this supposed A5 F bump is that our former pres and former treasurer retired with lifetime A5 passes. Apparently when you retire from AA you retain the travel pass class that you had at the time of retirement. Pretty smart of those two to go out as national union officers huh? I have to hand it to them.

If true, then AA policies are even dumber than I ever imagined.

If the folks unhappy with the way the current Union administration is conducting themselves, then perhaps they will run for office at the first oppertunity, to enact change.

Yes, I do. You would be complaining no matter what, so I have no problem that they sent people to LHR to meet with those who couldn't make the local reps in ops. If I remember correctly, these were scheduled on sort of short notice.
As a due paying member of this "so called union" I have Every right to complain when I feel my dollars are being wasted, and YES speaking to 50 members a day for two days in London, racking up hotel bills, and many other expenses when we have current members on furlough without health insurance, and without jobs is nothing more than a glorified vacation in my eyes at the expense of the membership. Perhaps, you feel differently then why dont you personally foot thier next trip to CDG by yourself and leave my money alone!

I agree the turn outs locally tend to be low. Finding a captive audience and one with people from 6 different bases all at once is very cost effective. Just getting one person from each flight would be like reaching every person who laysover by way of galley talk.

As a due paying member of this "so called union" I have Every right to complain
The problem with that is most of the time it is with uncheck facts, or complete fantasy. Face it, most people here know if you posted it, its usually wrong.

The problem with that is most of the time it is with uncheck facts, or complete fantasy. Face it, most people here know if you posted it, its usually wrong.

Well actually Mikey if you would actually read the begining of this post you would actually see I was trying to check my facts. Instead, you would rather bash me on these boards like you constantly do. Why are u filled with so much hatred towards me? Why dont you get a life and grow up! BTW...Who is most people on here? Since you know our facts all the time..Please do tell?

I agree the turn outs locally tend to be low. Finding a captive audience and one with people from 6 different bases all at once is very cost effective. Just getting one person from each flight would be like reaching every person who laysover by way of galley talk.

I think this was a great way for them to meet a diverse group of flight attendants from all across the system. So they actually got to talk to 50 flight attendants a day, I have been to a base meeting with 3 of us there, so 50 is like Woodstock in AA flight attendant terms. I know most of my base is either commuters or live at least an hour or two from the airport so it would have been convenient for them, I just wish I was in London for it.

As for spending $100 a night for lodging in London, then they got a great deal, they would spend that at any base city in the US. The cheapest I could get a room at the Forum for is $175.

I post rarely on here because it's like pi$$ing in the wind, there are a few who no matter what the union or company do will find fault with it. Either deal with it or move on.

MikeBOS

I think this was a great way for them to meet a diverse group of flight attendants from all across the system. So they actually got to talk to 50 flight attendants a day, I have been to a base meeting with 3 of us there, so 50 is like Woodstock in AA flight attendant terms. I know most of my base is either commuters or live at least an hour or two from the airport so it would have been convenient for them, I just wish I was in London for it.

As for spending $100 a night for lodging in London, then they got a great deal, they would spend that at any base city in the US. The cheapest I could get a room at the Forum for is $175.

I post rarely on here because it's like pi$$ing in the wind, there are a few who no matter what the union or company do will find fault with it. Either deal with it or move on.

MikeBOS

Diverse Group of Flight Attendants? LHR? total of 100 in 2 days? Hmmm?....Have you ever been to DFW? How about terminal "C" operations on "ANY" day of the week..Wait, I am sure F/A Mikey wants those facts?...However, if you have something called "COMMON SENSE" Mikey knows this...How about 50 F/A's in an hour? Actually. I think the Company would even give you a free room, and, if you ask Nicely, food as well...A great deal? Have you ever got facts when it comes to the pound vs. a dollar?...Wake up, smell the corruption...It's time for a TOTALLY NEW UNION!

Well Ed first off, they would ahave to get AA's permission to be there. Its also not some place people feel comfortable talking and listening to there reps. So what do you find at OPS? People who are running in to grab mail or sign in really quick, with no time to sit down, listen, and talk. Then there are those people who are transfering through. But there is a flight to catch and no time to listen, and talk. Then there are those people who are done for the day. Well, the one person to do the deposit, the rest of the crew is already heading to the parking lot. And for those people after a 2, 3 or 4 day trip are they going to stay around OPS? No.

Its called common sense. So there they are with 50 people in a sitting. No one coming and going. All there by choice and who will then share the same info on there flights the next day, and with people in 6 different bases.

Latest posts

Back