Apple talks to airlines about onboard Ipod

FlyOnWall

Senior
Mar 22, 2004
Interesting article about Apple looking for an airline to host Itunes and possibly more applications. Doubtful US would ever do such a thing but there are some neat things happening in IFE.

Apple Talks to airline IFE developers...

Another interesting part at the end.... it would be nice to see US Airways introduce an IFE product on it's new jets, and here's one that is digital, and doesn't appear to take up much weight... Imagine US Airways as the larger, international, JetBlue....

Meanwhile, Thales’ TopSeries i-4500 has been approved for use on Air Canada’s Embraer 175 and 190 regional jets, making the French company the first supplier of an in-seat, all-digital IFE system for the Brazilian manufacturer’s aircraft.

The video and audio on-demand system dispenses with the need for a box of electronics under each passenger seat.

Actually Parker said pre merger that IFE had not yet lowered to a price that he felt it was a viable option. I tend to look upon in seat IFE as an inevitable standard in flight that US will have to pursue eventually,

It does not help that jetblue owns live tv the company that holds the license for Directv and the other is helfd by matsushita I believe. Essentially a duopoly

I just seen a huge billboard in Philly today driving on 95 and it was for satelite radio on AirTran...now why cant U do that atleast for the 190's?

Screw Apple, anyone that knows music and quality audio has a MP3 player made by Creative.

Apple is just trendy junk for yuppies.

Creative is for real audiophiles.

Screw Apple, anyone that knows music and quality audio has a MP3 player made by Creative.

You are so correct HPearlyretree -

I have a Creative Zen MP3 and LOVE it! I've never experienced ANY problems and am extremely satisfied with it.

In comparison, a friend of mine has an Apple ipod and has experienced many problems with it. In a year, he has had to send the ipod back to Apple no less than 4 times for repair! Now that an entire year has lapsed, the Warranty has expired and Apple will no longer guarantee the product. He is understandably upset and vows his next purchase will be an MP3 from the "Creative" line of MP3's.

If anyone is in the market for one, I'd highly recommend the "Creative" line of MP3 products. :up: ;)

I don't think Apple cares if their listeners are audiophiles or not. Clearly you have a beef that runs deep with the mother of all techno-companies. Get over it.

Nothing compares with the 5G iPod video, don't waste your time with the Creative Zen. I had the first iPod that came out and the 5G is my third iPod. Each one gets better. If you are truly an audiophile get yourself some ShureE5 plugs.

Eye

Creative is not a company you would want to support for political reasons. They are monopolistic and very anti-competitive, suing and or buying competition in order ot have none, and producing as low-level technology products as possible for as long as theycan to save R&D money.

But I am WAY off topic, if anyone is curious about any details PM me, I won't say any more.

I don't think Apple cares if their listeners are audiophiles or not. Clearly you have a beef that runs deep with the mother of all techno-companies. Get over it.
Yes, its true, Apple killed my sister.

BTW, the new Creative video player MP3 is great, much better picture quality than the Ipod, better battery life and it accepts any video format without having to go through Apple. I want to buy one, but its always sold out.

Latest posts