Inflight Entertainment

PD said:
Must of worked pretty damn well I made a ton of money off their stock in the past few months. Whoever mentioned US needs to market themselves as something different or geared torwards the business traveler hit the nail on the head.
Nice try, but that particular ad was when Ed B was in charge...AWA filed bankruptcy later on.

KCFlyer said:
Nice try, but that particular ad was when Ed B was in charge...AWA filed bankruptcy later on.
Damn than don't use that ad, what ever they've been doing for the last 6 months has worked pretty well. ;)

PD said:
KCFlyer said:
Damn than don't use that ad, what ever they've been doing for the last 6 months has worked pretty well. ;)
What AWA has been doing the past several months is "value pricing". US is apparently taking some tentative steps in that direction which is being discussed in another thread - "Value price" the first class cabin and get fare paying passengers in those seats as opposed to upgrades. As you mention, it's working for AWA.

Kc it was more than value pricing. Like US they were in a lotta of trouble, but at some point they decided this is who we are and this is were we want to go, and from that came their present business model. Sometimes along with all the "cost cutting" and customer bashing a company (any company) has to have an idea of where they want in the future. I'm not sure US has such a plan, frankly deep down inside it looks like the plan has been all along to fold this sucker in to United. But who knows that just speculation.

Well you can forget about the company installing TVs in the seat backs as they just announced they are installing equipment on the planes to enable news, weather, sports updates and email only, (no internet) service to the inflight phones. All this for a nominal charge of about $15.00.

As far as the boarding music, that was one channel of the many we used to have. They pulled the music off all planes except the 767 and 330 over a year ago. I guess they didn't want to pay U2 and Madonna royalties anymore. ;)