US all Boeing/Airbus Fleets Upgrades

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
Could anyone confirm that the US A/C B733, B734, B752, B762, A319, A320 and A321 fleet for both east and west mainlines will indeed have upgrade new interior leather seats, new look, new IFE, new lavs, new carpet...etc. during 2007/2008/2009 timetable schedule heavy C-check? AVOD-equipped?

I wondered if the 757 aircraft will be outfitted with Panasonic's eFX digital IFE system and new LCD flat monitors will replace the oldest CRTs in the center aisle, no PTVs. Will they install new winglets and ETOPS another more B757 (US East Mainline younger age jets) possible after completed 6 of 7 B757s (N200UU, N201UU, N202UW, N203UW, N204UW, N206UW except N205UW not done)?

When will the flight attendants and pilots start to wear new US Airways uniform looks in 2008? Mandatory?

I can't find anything on the usairways.com or other website talk about it.

Thank you.

Uniforms are due to be delivered to your HOME next month, some items are backordered until like Jan 2, 2008. JAN 28,2008 both Flight Attedant and Customer Service will go live with NEW UNIFORMS. So if you are a FA and your trip leaves on Jan 27 I was told you better take new UNIFORMS to wear on JAN 28.

PER THE HUB from the 2007 UNIFORM PAGE:

New uniforms will be shipped to employees’ homes in mid-December to allow plenty of time for any exchanges prior to the launch Monday, Jan. 28, 2008. All customer service agents and flight attendants will begin wearing their new attire on that date

Could anyone confirm
The last I saw was that the 737's and 24 of the 757's won't have any updates done as they're going to be leaving the fleet as replacement aircraft arrive. The rest of the fleet will have the interiors refurbished to achieve a "common look" over the next 6 years or so.

Jim

Could anyone confirm that the US A/C B733, B734, B752, B762, A319, A320 and A321 fleet for both east and west mainlines will indeed have upgrade new interior leather seats, new look, new IFE, new lavs, new carpet...etc. during 2007/2008/2009 timetable schedule heavy C-check? AVOD-equipped?

I wondered if the 757 aircraft will be outfitted with Panasonic's eFX digital IFE system and new LCD flat monitors will replace the oldest CRTs in the center aisle, no PTVs. Will they install new winglets and ETOPS another more B757 (US East Mainline younger age jets) possible after completed 6 of 7 B757s (N200UU, N201UU, N202UW, N203UW, N204UW, N206UW except N205UW not done)?

When will the flight attendants and pilots start to wear new US Airways uniform looks in 2008? Mandatory?

Thank you.

I know the east crews will not wear the new uniform until we are paid the same as the west pilots.
All we ask for is EQUAL PAY FOR EQUAL WORK. Its that simple.

wopr21

I know the east crews will not wear the new uniform until we are paid the same as the west pilots.
wopr21
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wopr21
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wopr21

Why don't you open a new thread about not wearing the uniform instead of ransacking this thread? :down:

wopr21
Not everyone! Go ahead and wear the current piece of sh*t uniform to prove your point. January 28th I will burn the old and wear the new and I am East. I guess I'm a traitor.

To the topic, I did read that the a/c will be going through renovations. I would imagine the longer the a/c will be around, the sooner the a/c will be planned to be renovated.

Thank you.
to answer your question. yes. all airbuses and boeings including a very limited amount of 737's will get updated interiors . a new ife will be tested in feb on a A320.and if succesful will be installed around the fleet. it's a from a new vendor who will offer a much lighter system using fiber optics therefore reducing costs on weight. you will be able to watch movies play games listen to music ect . it will also have the ability for live t.v. but the company hasn't decided on that yet. i have hear that they will etops some more east 757's but i am not sure if true or not. new unififorms for f/a's will be rolled out jan 28th . i see some east pilots wearing there new uniforms or at least peices of it. (that tie is hideous). hope this helps.

Not everyone! Go ahead and wear the current piece of sh*t uniform to prove your point. January 28th I will burn the old and wear the new and I am East. I guess I'm a traitor.

To the topic, I did read that the a/c will be going through renovations. I would imagine the longer the a/c will be around, the sooner the a/c will be planned to be renovated.
I read somewhere last month (About US maybe) that any aircraft that is scheduled to remain in the fleet for 14 or more months will get the refurb. Keep in mind that it was from the Spin machine. I think it also said something about the first 737 (a west 737 312AW maybe) was going to PIT to receive the new interior

Is the new interior the 'dark jail cell with swoosh'? It makes all of our aircraft feel smaller, as well as looking like the work of a child. Hopefully they will find something a bit brighter and more stylish before they re-do hundreds of planes?

Is the new interior the 'dark jail cell with swoosh'? It makes all of our aircraft feel smaller, as well as looking like the work of a child. Hopefully they will find something a bit brighter and more stylish before they re-do hundreds of planes?
Now where have you been?? You know they'll redo half the fleet, everyone will be complaining, the roller paint on the sidewalls will be pealing, then they will go back and spend the money to half way redo everything and the swoosh will end up on the ceiling or they'll find someone to advertise "swoosh" on the toilet paper and it'll end up there.

Seriously though, I kind of like the blue seats (I actually liked our grey interior, it was easy on the eyes) but with the way people put there feet up on everything I'm afraid the new bulkheads are going to show some wear. Let's all be glad that the planes didn't end up having Turquoise seats or even worse the exterior looking like that.