Ife

700UW said:
There are games on US A330
How do you get to them? I dont remember ever seeing them advertised or showing anywhere that you can play games....are they mentioned in the IFE info in Attache? Let us know so we can check them out next time please.

I will look when I am at work tomorrow, but a coworker of mine took his family from PHL-FCO and his son played the games the whole time.

Since we're talking about inflight entertainment...what about real broadband internet access... Any interest?

It is via the Verizon Airfone however it's not real internet access. It provides instant messaging, e-mail and content (news, weather, sports, etc.) updated about every 15 minutes to Verizon's "homepage" that resides on a server onboard the aircraft. It does not allow access to the internet. It is a Verizon product and the phones on the A330 are not served by Verizon.

Retrofit laptop power in every seat. Especially the 757 and 767 fleet but also the RJs -- especially the new ones. The 737s need to be either dumped or refitted and if they get spiffed up they should get laptop power too.

TV in every seat does nothing for me but being able to power my laptop is important. It's a major advantage of the US Airbus fleet over all the others. TripleB really ought to push it a lot harder as a positive differentiator that makes a significant difference to a business oriented traveler.

The Verizon "internet access" is almost as bad a joke as the airfones themselves. BTW, there is a way to get around the silly restrictions but the data rate is painfully slow so it's not really worth pursuing...

Furlough every pilot who's "uncomfortable" with the idea of channel 9.

Free wireless throughout every terminal. It's cheaper to offer it free than it is to try to charge for it and people will actually use it. Put some additional places to plug in laptops in the waiting areas too.

Kt is right about the Airfones in that they are rarely used. I believe only three or so per cabin can be used anyway, so is there really a point in one at each seat?

I do think there should be Airfones in the cabin for Medlink use etc. Perhaps, going back to my selected seats idea, only a few seats in Economy would have them, those being preferred seats anyway?

I was including them in the scenario with the PTVs on the narrowbodies because they are part of the Rockwell Collins system, and double as the remote control.

It is quicker and easier to have the Captain call Med-link, assuming they even answere. Lately, Med-link has been on the brink. :shock: Most people are not willing to pay the high price for Verizon phones and just wait til landing to make a call.

With all of the PED's and CD's these days, people find ways to occupy their time.
I do think it would be really nice to show short subjects/sitcoms on shorter flights though. Especially going to MCO with all the children. It might keep them occupied and quiet for the ride. ;)

Latest posts