Arpey Speaks

WingNaPrayer said:
Well, I'm not anti-airplane ;) But I do loathe unions, and I do most certainly loathe corporate executives who automate human beings out of a job, thereby causing more unemployment, more poverty, more personal bankruptcies, more loss of health insurance, more families destroyed, and on top of it, don't offer lower prices on their products that reflect the savings they claim the elimination of the jobs created.

People first. Machines are made to serve, not replace, man!

Airlines are indeed a prime example, and in this instance, AA is leading the way. Thousands have lost their jobs at AA. The airline has cut back drastically on services to the point where it looked as though AA was in the business of chasing customers to the competition. Yet this airline has ticket prices in most of it's markets that are far above their nearest competitor. If AA wants to be a LCC (which due to their lack of services, they are no different other than 2/3 classes of "service"), then they have to forego the legacy prices. They whine that they can't charge lower prices because wages are too high, yet they slashed wages across the board and still their prices remain high. Now they cry that fuel prices are too high, and they raise prices again.

AA reminds me of Napoleon. Think about it.
I'm a road warrior and I love the automated check-ins. I know how to use it, its quicker for me, and best of all I don't have to take the abuse of a surly agent. The machine does what I tell it to and does not try to make me feel like an idiot!!

Wretched Wrench said:
ad hominem?

If directed to me, my response is, Yes, Ad hominem tu quoque based on the inconsistency and hypocrisy of the opinions of the OP.

Wretched Wrench, Go back to the top. Wing posted an AP story about a business conference at which three airline CEOs spoke. He headed the thread: “Arpey Speaks, No IFE/TV, Security Delaysâ€￾. In the AP story there are several quotes by Arpey, including a one sentence paragraph that states, "Arpey said his strategy is to keep things running smoothly for passengers for the parts of their travel that AMR controls, hopefully offsetting any extra time spent in the security lines, which AMR doesn't control".

Contrary to his usual style, Wing had nothing to say about Arpey’s remarks. But in the very next post You comment about the length of lines at the counter rather than security and Wing immediately responds with his previously expressed lament about lack of laid-off counter agents……..

A pax [Oneflyer] brings up the ease of using the kiosks; and I then chime in to point out that from his prior posts that Wing does not think self-checkin kiosks should exist. This position is then confirmed by him in a subsequent post.

I do "stick to the issues" - as defined by both of you two in your 1-2 responses after the OP.

No, you don't stick to the issues. In your usual style, you add a twist that allows you to attack the messenger. The story isn't mine. Headlines are very minimal on this board and you have to be as descriptive with as few words as possible. The fact that Arpey spoke about security issues, and in flight entertainment, which are two VERY important issues to passengers, were therefore the most important input he had in the interview and thus, the cruxt of my headlines. I posted the story first and allowed for others to comment.

But it's nice to know you are here to save the board from interpreting news articles in any manner that does not conform to your own. Go right ahead and add your spin to whatever you like, and you can continually bad mouth the messenger all you like, but in this instance it won't change the article and it won't change what came out of Arpey's mouth!

Life is Short . . . Don't be a Dick!