Arpey Speaks . . . Again!

orwell said:
Translation:

Some workers deliberately inhibit output (read: sabotage) in order to injure the company they work for, rather than proving they are worth more by taking their skills elsewhere in the marketplace and thereby saving their coworkers from their venomous presence.
I disagree. Sabotage is a very strong word. While it may seem as such, I highly doubt that it is the collective intent.

I'm sure that many would most likely be glad to take their skills elsewhere, but the airlines pretty much have the entire industry in a haystack type mess, making it difficult, if not impossible to go elsewhere, and they know it.

I believe the intent is to prove worth. Proving they are worth what they USED to be paid, rather than the lesser amount they are now paid. I know, it's apples and oranges because I also believe one other thing - if the employer, in this case AMR, did give back all the pay and benefits that were subverted a year ago - and the employees did rally back to normal production, they would work themselves out of a job, just like they would do now. I just think they'd rather do it for more money than less ;-)

I do understand however that it is very difficult to keep up the team spirit attitude when you've just given up 1.8 Billion in pay only to have the company laugh and chuckle while they brag to the world how they now have 3.2 billion in cash rat holed away for whatever they choose.

So, this quarter, the employees will be thrown a 25 dollar bone in hopes that it will shut them up. Sadly, I don't think its going to work, (and consequently, neither are the employees).

The only ones who are going to win in this little debate are the consumers, who don't really care how hard the employees have it, as long as they can fly coast to coast for 99 bucks.

Hey Wing,
"What I find even more entertaining....", your reference to Carty trying to buy Hawaiian with the money from AMR. There is NOTHING entertaining about
ANY of this!!!!! There are thousands of us out here who have lost our livelihoods.
And you're ENTERTAINED??!!!!! What the hell is the matter with YOU?

That's why I added "ironic" to the post. Its the irony of the idea that he cleaned one carrier's clock in order to invest the ill gotten gaines in another, which will then compete with the former on some of it's routes. That I find it entertaining is a much nicer way to put it than I told you so.

Wing,
I fully understand the meaning of the word "irony," thank you so much. And if you think the "entertaining" remark is kinder, then I rest my case !!!

Latest posts