As UAL pulls out , will AA pick up the slack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given AA's already large presence in Caracas and santiago I would expect no change in reponse to UA pull out. AA is huge to CCS from MIA and has daily and over the holiday's double daily service from MIA to SCl. They also did DFW to both cities. Given the current situation, no additional capacity except maybe over the vacation period, less is better.

FAMikey;
Had it right, more revenue (heavier loads), not capacity, thats too high already.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/23/2002 5:57:36 PM FA Mikey wrote:

United is pulling out of Santiago and Caracas in January. What is bad for them, I can only hope brings us some more revenue in these cities.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Wouldn't surprise me. Not right away, but a second-daily year round to Santiago within a year will not surprise me, and the return of the 5th daily to Caracas within a year too. As weak as Miami-Venezuela is right now, it is going to be way short in seats this holiday season. No additional flights just yet, but I say MIA-SCL is back to a 777 by Feburary.

However, while UA is pulling SCL and CCS, word is they are looking to pull into MIA-MEX and MIA-LIM.

Sure here is an eff. routing MIA-PAP-CCS.175 can do that with ease.

[P]can the em175 go that far south on 1 tank of gas?[/b][/P]
[P][STRONG]aa better watch out once the bankruptcy boys come the yields will goe even lower[/STRONG][/P]
[P] [/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/24/2002 8:51:04 AM eolesen wrote:

Don't get too excited, folks. Yields to/from Latin America are off more than anywhere else globally. Even though flights may appear full, take a look at the fares people are paying...
----------------
[/blockquote]

A more likely scenario for AMR is to hold capacity steady in an attempt to drive up yields.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/23/2002 6:33:57 PM MAH4546 wrote:
...a second-daily year round to Santiago within a year will not surprise me...
...I say MIA-SCL is back to a 777 by Feburary...
----------------
[/blockquote]
SCL is a problem market because it doesn't have the premium demand to support a three-class widebody. It may be a better candidate for a two-class aircraft, which would mean that you'll be seeing the 763 on the route for a long time to come, whereas the 777 would remain on EZE/GRU routes.

As far as adding trips, I think Lan would have something to say about that.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/24/2002 5:39:46 PM DFWFSC wrote:

The cargo loads out of GRU and SCL seem to be doing great..I think it's flight 912 out of SCL-MIA, they have been averaging about 65'000lbs of fish on that flight daily. I"ve seen that flight leave SCL with over 73'000lbs quite a few times lately. That must bring in a dime or two.
----------------
[/blockquote]
The problem is not with the 73,000 lbs of cargo - it's with the 24,000 lbs of people!

The cargo loads out of GRU and SCL seem to be doing great..I think it's flight 912 out of SCL-MIA, they have been averaging about 65'000lbs of fish on that flight daily. Ive seen that flight leave SCL with over 73'000lbs quite a few times lately. That must bring in a dime or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.