Aspiring Student Pilot

wiksta

Oct 29, 2008
Hi guys! Im new to this form. I want to get my PPL starting December and then all the way to my commercial. I am a current student at UCF, University of Central Florida. Im a Junior and a business major. I want to pursue flying as a career or at the least something business related that deals with aviation. I found a flight school at Orlando Executive. Its called AIr Orlando Aviation, anyone ever heard of them or go there? It looks like the best school around. My questions are:

1. Has anyone attended Air Orlando Aviation or been there and have an opinion of it?
2. What are the methods i can use to pay for school? Its hard to find a good loan for 30 grand!
3. Are there any scholarships or grants i can apply for? (I have looked and i have found some but none pertain to me).
4. What are some jobs i could land after i get my commercial license?
5. For anyone who has taken loans out to pay for your commercial license.....Is is worth it? Were you able to land a job and pay them off?

Thanks in advance for your help! I can wait to start flying!!

Get a job managing something aviation oriented-an aircraft parts manufacturing company or an FBO-repair station, or sales. Aviation isn't going away but it has it's up and downs.

The downs are painful and if you are a career pilot, flight attendant or mechanic, you have to live like a gypsy: you move to where the work is- and accept the fact that you will eventually be laid off and that the odds are long that you will feel like you have a rewarding career after you are married and especially after you have kids.

Get a job managing something aviation oriented and learn to fly on your own through a local FBO. Your job may give you perks like discounts. You'd still be able to earn a living and have a life. Best of luck to you!

i know it has its ups and downs. thats why im trying to decide if i should go in debt 30 grand for my commercial. i would love to hear the opinions from other people too!