ATD International postions post TWU Decertification

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Once the TWU is voted out at AA, will the appointed ATD officials get to remain in their cushy international positions or will they return to the line at AA? Many high ranking officials at the IAM namely Robert Roach Jr., and Sito Pantoja have stayed around collecting $200,000+ salaries long since their carrier (TWA) went away and the IAM no longer represented their workers. Will the same hold for people like Don Videtich and other international officials? What will the ATD have left other than the WN FAs and USAIR (West) disptachers?

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
If you thought about it they don't need any of them. All they'll do is put "Me Too" clauses in the T/As.

Once the TWU is voted out at AA, will the appointed ATD officials get to remain in their cushy international positions or will they return to the line at AA? Many high ranking officials at the IAM namely Robert Roach Jr., and Sito Pantoja have stayed around collecting $200,000+ salaries long since their carrier (TWA) went away and the IAM no longer represented their workers. Will the same hold for people like Don Videtich and other international officials? What will the ATD have left other than the WN FAs and USAIR (West) disptachers?

Josh

Josh,

After AMTs at AA leave the twu atd the twu atd will still have Eagle AMT careers to destroy further.

As for the twu atd appointed sell outs that is going to be a great game of musical chairs to watch. bobby "lower your expectations" gless and don "they can do that brother" videtich will be throwing elbows and round houses to make sure they have a chair once the music stops. Should be interesting. My money is on videtich beating out gless and poor bobby will have to return to the loving embrace of his fellow New Yorkers.

What will be real fun to watch are people like Oriyano and van derloo.

Stay tuned!

Go AMFA!

Reactions: 3 people
Josh,

After AMTs at AA leave the twu atd the twu atd will still have Eagle AMT careers to destroy further.

As for the twu atd appointed sell outs that is going to be a great game of musical chairs to watch. bobby "lower your expectations" gless and don "they can do that brother" videtich will be throwing elbows and round houses to make sure they have a chair once the music stops. Should be interesting. My money is on videtich beating out gless and poor bobby will have to return to the loving embrace of his fellow New Yorkers.

What will be real fun to watch are people like Oriyano and van derloo.

Stay tuned!

Go AMFA!

Hopefully the TWU will be gone before long. Does AMFA represent any AMTs at regional carriers?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
I say good bye and good riddance. We don't need those losers after we vote in AMFA. They can stay with the twu for all I care. I'm sure they have a contingency plan in the works.

Hopefully the TWU will be gone before long. Does AMFA represent any AMTs at regional carriers?

Josh

They used to represent the Mesaba mechanics but with all the merging going on at Pinnacle/ Colgan I don't know what the status is now

Josh

Historically they were kept on. Peggy Olstien stayed long after the Flight Attendants group she came from were no longer in the TWU.

Don't know Roach, knew Sito many years ago, seemed like a good mechanic and good Union man.

Currently I believe AA makes up the largest part of the ATD but the margin is narrowing. At one time it was around 27,000 from AA and they made up more than half the ATD, now its only around 19000. If M&R should leave the TWU that number would drop to around 9300, WN, between the FAs and Fleet workers could end up being the largest part of the TWU ATD. From what I've heard relations between the WN FAs and Jim Little are strained over the appointment of Tom McDaniels to an International spot after being replaced as President of the WN FA Local. So Littles position, and all those appointed by him could be at risk of one of the rarest of things to occur, and change in power thats not driven by approaching death or indictment. If the mechanics leave Little would need to make amends with the WN FAs because if Little goes into the Convention without the ATD behind him he is extremely vulnerable to a challenge from the other divisions, having Gless and Videtich would become a liability, he would need to make spots available for WN and for the AA groups that remain. WN currently refers to the ATD as the AATD and the other divisions dont care for the way Little stacked the International with guys who were voted out of office at AA (and their relatives). The $300k + it would cost to keep Gless and Videtich on board would be more than the International can handle, their finances have been in a free fall for the last ten years going from around $65 million to just $25 million. If the mechanics left the International would lose $22.6 million a year in dues revenue. They may need to bring Portia back in order to win support from the WN FAs and move a Title III guy into Gless' spot just to secure the ATD in the Little camp. So if the mechanics left at this time, coinciding with the Convention and all the other things that normally take place in the political arena its my guess that Gless and Videtich would be sent back to their box, where they can continue to preach about what a great deal we have because we have more mechanics per airplane than any other carrier, two years later they could start a card drive to go back to the TWU, and if successful I'm sure Little, if he survives the Convention, would bring them back.

This is all hypothetical, the majority of the TWU membership will continue to support the TWU and remain as our representative. I hope sooner or later the minority will come to understand this.

The dave;s, rogers and ken's of the world have done more harm at suppressing our wages than AA could only dream about. Keep it up and it will continue.

In Solidarity,
CIO

This is all hypothetical, the majority of the TWU membership will continue to support the TWU and remain as our representative. I hope sooner or later the minority will come to understand this.

The dave;s, rogers and ken's of the world have done more harm at suppressing our wages than AA could only dream about. Keep it up and it will continue.

In Solidarity,
CIO
I would be very interested to hear your version of HOW dave;s, rogers, and ken's of the world has suppressed wages at AA? Please explain.

Reactions: 3 people

In Solidarity,
CIO

What are the GPS coordinates of the rock you are living under?

Time to stick your head out and take a look around.

In Solidarity,
CIO

Yes pls endulge us in how they are directly affecting the wages of AA mechanics. Would love to hear your detailed reasoning behind this...

This is all hypothetical, the majority of the TWU membership will continue to support the TWU and remain as our representative.

Well there is one way to put this all to bed, have a vote. I face an election every three years, sometimes more often, and I supported putting in the right to recall any Local leader for any reason. Would you agree that people like Gless, Videtech etc should also be held accountable on a defined periodic basis as well?

Reactions: 6 people
Well there is one way to put this all to bed, have a vote. I face an election every three years, sometimes more often, and I supported putting in the right to recall any Local leader for any reason. Would you agree that people like Gless, Videtech etc should also be held accountable on a defined periodic basis as well?
Bob nobody in the international is held accountable. That is the biggest problem with this joke of a union. If they were we would not have the lowest pay and lousiest benefits in the entire industry. If they were held accountable Jim Little would have been long gone and his minions would be back on the box. Actually it would be great to see Viditech and Gless be placed in OSM positions where you must do the work of an AMT (and sign off on all this work) but get paid less than a fleet service clerk or stock clerk. That would be poetic justice. But I am a true believer in "You get what you give." and Little and his boys will suffer for their actions in one way or another. It will come back to them in spades.

Latest posts