TWU ATD post IAM Alliance

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
So now that it looks likely the merger will proceed and the IAM-TWU alliance nonsense will be happening, what will happen going forward with the TWU ATD? How much direct involvement will they have at AA? The IAM will be 'wearing the pants' for the first three years per the alliance agreement, will the TWU begin other organizing drives? How much involvement will the TWU have in the alliance and specifically at designated TWU locations?

Josh

twu will represent the aa employees  the iam the us employees....   iam141.org  for fsa   iam142.org for m&r  

The alliance has to be voted on, and robbed the TWU will represent certain cities and the IAM certain cities, the list is in each alliance agreement.

Neither Union's structure will change.

I will be voting against having my class and craft being split between two unions, no matter what they threaten us with. If they say "either accept the alliance or no Union", well, then there is always AMFA or the IBT. I'm sure we wont have any problems finding someone who will be willing to take our dues and neither the TWU or IAM have done much for either of us other than land both of us the bottom of the industry.

Sign your cards to trigger an election, and do it now.

Until a single transportation system determination happens, you only need file against American. You now have less than a year left on the ibt triggered election ban.

That being said, you should be communicating with your soon-to-be fellow mechanics at US, and discuss having them sign cards as well. That way, should the IAM/TWU try to trigger an election before you file on AA alone, you can use cards from both groups you have already collected, to file as an intervenor to the IAM/TWU alliance.

Understand the IAM/TWU cannot do what the ibt & AA did with the quick filing/lockout, you'll have a window to file cards in.

Get them signed(from both groups preferably) now. Be ready.

As always, the choice is YOURS.

IAM General Vice President Sito Pantoja and Transportation Department Staff met yesterday with the newly elected leadership of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) in Washington DC.

The parties made general introductions and discussed the TWU-IAM Joint Employee Associations and issues related to single carrier status.

Both unions agreed that in locations where one carrier is hiring and the other carrier has represented members on furlough, the unions would jointly approach the hiring carrier and request the furloughed represented members be offered employment.

The meeting was professional and cordial, and was the start of what is expected to be a strong IAM-TWU partnership at the New American Airlines.

That's fine for now, while we are still two separate carriers, however  I don't know anyone who is in favor of a permanent "alliance" that leaves us split between two Unions. We need the full commitment of ONE union that will unite us, now two Unions who are just looking to preserve their dues revenue.

What are they looking at as far as seniority for someone laid off by one and hired by the other? DOH at the new carrier till the ratification of a new contract under single carrier status?

So Now we can assume that 700UW sat in the meeting since he says it was a cordial professional meeting with the TWU and the IAM.

From what he also says that the IAM/TWU agreed on hiring as well, so we can also assume that they TWU/IAM have a deal so that
AA will be dealing with two unions come contract time. That the TWU & IAM unions will be around forever.  NOT......

I will VOTE NO...

AMFAinMIAMI said:
So Now we can assume that 700UW sat in the meeting since he says it was a cordial professional meeting with the TWU and the IAM.
No, but whomever wrote the press release he posted might've been...

And I'm sure it was cordial; everyone's nice the first day, knowwhatImean?

Sign your card!!!!! The TWU sold Tulsa a bill of goods. NO SCOPE NO JOBS!!! The best thing we can do is get rid of this upcoming alliance. We need open negotiations and people in charge we elect and are not appointed.

700UW said:

Both unions agreed that in locations where one carrier is hiring and the other carrier has represented members on furlough, the unions would jointly approach the hiring carrier and request the furloughed represented members be offered employment.

Yeah, and the check's in the mail.

BOOT 'EM BOTH OUT THE DOOR!

Wow, the IAM is really missing an opportunity to represent the mechanics and related at the largest airline, in order to jump in bed with, I'm guessing, the least respected (by it's own members) union.  

With Tulsa no longer having the numbers and losing work, the IAM could easily win an election at AA, The IAM is willing to strike for a contract that is a lot better then what we (TUL) voted in. 

Back