"attention All Ual Amfa Mechanics"!

aislehopper said:
I generally am on the opposite end of an argument with NHBB's, including this one. Over the years, I have come to realize that he genuinely believes that the best protection for the worker is a strong union. Whenever any union anywhere stands up for its rights and workers vote to stand strong, it reaffirms that there is a potential for unions to regain their lost power and return to their place as a counterbalance to management. It also shows that unions can still be relevant today and can make a postive the difference for those that they represent.

When APFA at AA initially voted down a T/A that would have kept them from bankruptcy, he was singing APFA's praises for taking a stand. IMHO, he will not take any pleasure if a strike forces UAL out of business, but he will take pleasure if AMFA's stand makes a difference for the UAL mechanic.

Bottom line: I do not believe that he fanning the flames. He wants to see unions step forward and protect their respective memberships against managment. AMFA took such an action with this vote.
[post="244038"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
aislehopper,
It must have taken a LOT for you to say those things about me, and I thank you for them !!!!!!!!!

I COULD NOT have gotten a better "endorsement" from ANYONE on this board, in regards to THIS particuliar situation, than from a staunch NON Union person like yourself.

Bottom line ?/

To some people, the TRUTH HURTS !!!!!!!!!(NOT YOU) !!!!

Thanx for coming to my defense.
Again, it took a lot of "intestinal fortitude" to do that.

Good luck with your situation in "HOT LANTA"
(Mabey I could interest you in a representation card) ??? :p :p :p

NH/BB's

Fly said:
Just pointing out the obvious Ronin. They aren't cheering us on cuz they like us. As long as everyone understands that, the better. They are self serving, to be sure.
[post="243975"][/post]​

I'd say you're definitely wrong about that Fly. It's been pointed out that the situation at UAL is not unique - this is happening throughout the industry. Your contention that mechanics are 'self serving' in their cheering us on seems to infer that they have some sort of fuzzy love loyalty to the company that they work for. Outside of possibly LUV (pun intended) I seriously doubt that you'll find gobs of gushing corporate loyalty amoung the mechanics at any of the carriers. If any ever existed it was destroyed years ago.

I think that the mechanics are coelescing into a solid trade group and AMFA is clearly our vehicle to that end. Regardless of how successful we are in this fight at UAL the pendullum has begun to swing. The industry was looking for the bottom - they've found it.