An Open Letter To All United Pilots

CapnCockroach said:
Dollar to a donut..."Oly"..in az was all for choking the Golden Goose to the max a couple of years ago...right along there with dino..
[post="239391"][/post]​

Sure, when you've got leverage you use it, when you don't you CAN'T (situation lately...). But to say that I was a fan of Contract 2000 is way off base: I hated it because it "fixed" the Shuttle to death (best damn flying job I'll ever see - guarantee you that), and even worse, it allowed revenue sharing with Star Alliance partners on code share routes. However, after the Summer Of Love, we had no choice but to vote it in because can you imagine how STUPID we would have looked if we'd voted that thing down? With the pay raises it contained?? The press and everyone in the Known Universe would have been throwing rotten eggs and tomatoes at us. So despite how pissed I was about certain parts of the agreement (and have since been proved RIGHT to be pissed/worried about every single one of them) I did the honorable thing and didn't vote. Just a joke! It takes about 35 seconds via internet so, yes, I voted for the thing.

Speaking of Contract 2000 and the Summer Of Love, the pay rates matched Delta's already-on-the-books 777 rate + 1% or so (sometimes called "the Delta dot" by it's position way up all alone on a graph), but any United pilot you talk to will tell you that the pilot group would have settled for quite a bit LESS if Goodwin had delivered a contract on time (To Mike Glawe instead of Rick Dubinsky! How stupid does THAT make Goodwin look?). Instead, the pilots and the IAM had nothing but frustration to feast on after a six year concessionary contract and company negotiations that were not just a joke, but insulting. Which segues into yet another dumb ass move by Goodwin: Trying to merge with another airline, against the wishes of the vast majority of the employees, while simultaneously trying to negotiate contracts will all of your unions. UFB....that guy was so freakin over his head it's PATHETIC.

GOODWIN and DUTTA ran UAL off a cliff roach - not the pilots for two months in 2000.

I agree with ya,I don't blame the pilots one bit for trying to get what they were promised. Goodwin should have lived up to the ESOP promise of SEAMLESS CONTRACTS. Especially with the dough they were bringing in from 97-2000. 8 billion in profits they should have been ashamed of themselves for cheating the long time employees out of what they were promised from the ESOP contract. If they would have only shared some of that in good faith, the contracts would have went like a breeze. But no, they had to look out for the share holders who by the way were the ESOP investors and we still all got F$^ked. Sad reality is that you STILL got the same management style and mentality running that crap hole AMAZING! :shock:

I can remember that McDonald kept holding out with the mechanics with the excuse of "lets see what AMFA gets at NWA so we can best that." Yeah right, everyone knew it was a stall. Then when AMFA got the mechanics at NWA almost $35 and hour I am sure he was regretting that he didn't settle our contract first to set the stage. Hell he probably could have locked those mechanics in at $30 an hour from their present $24. What an IDIOT!!!! When we tried to push back a little with some work slow down they go crying to the judge, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR. I would have liked to have seen McDonalds face when the Mediation Board called him and told him that he had to pay the mechanics $35 and hour and two years of retro pay. He probably dropped a turd right then and there. From that day forward he was hell bent on getting rid of as many mechanics as he could for a little pay back.

I agree with the two previous posts but might also add that while Contract 2000 did take UA pilots (barely) to the top of the pilot pay scale for a few months until Delta topped us again the next year, it should be remembered that the Contract 2000 still only gave us back the ~25% we sacrificed for the ESOP in 1994 plus a very small % bump to put us on top...pattern bargaining was pretty routine by then.

Don't forget too that the pilots missed out on probably the greatest bull market in history. So folks, when you add up ALL the sacrifices that the pilot group gave up for 6 years, I think the people that are bitter about Summer 2000 should chill out. We told management FOR MONTHS we'd be short on pilots for that summer's schedule...they didn't listen. It's pretty clear now why that occured,

This is of course ancient history and it doesn't do much to rehash. But it is annoying to hear people on this forum (and 'analysts' for that matter) S.T.R.E.T.C.H. the truth to argue their points.

mrfish3726 said:
Man Ronin has an obsession, could almost call him a staker. Guess I better get to the range and get practiced up on some close in combat with my Bren 10. Better remember that self defense is legal in the state of Colorado with the Right to Carry Laws dude. Don't sneak up behind me or you could find yourself in a real tough spot!
[post="239302"][/post]​
Thats "Stalker" moron.....everything has consequences my friend....EVEN OUR BIG MOUTHS....should have never challenged me to find you....whether it's Kentucky or Oklahoma or Panama or even the last 2 residences in Denver...I always loved "HUNT...ing" :D

SmoothRide said:
So folks, when you add up ALL the sacrifices that the pilot group gave up for 6 years, I think the people that are bitter about Summer 2000 should chill out.

Sacrifice?! It wasn't a sacrifice! It was a gamble! A gamble taken by ALPA and it's members! To trade pay/rules for stock! Remember?

Stop whining about your sacrifices! It's disgusting to people who have made real sacrifices in this world (and I'm not talking about sacrificing ALPA retirees, either).

Time for YOU to chill. :down:

Gamble? No, it wasn't a 'gamble' at all. As I recall, Wolfee was threatening to sell off the airline piece by piece if we didn't play ball with him, a la ESOP. Through ESOP, Wolfe was able to sell us our own airline and bag a ton of cash.

It's getting really old reading this message board and seeing employees constantly at each others throats. Do we really have to air our differences in public where are customers can read them?

Nice to know that the "Junior" guys have no problem screwing the retired ones, just like they'd happily screw anyone junior to them, just like the now retired guys happily did in years past. The concept of unionism is long dead in the pilot so-called profession. It's every man for himself and screw everybody else. The trick is maintaining the facade of "concern for the profession."

Whatever you're going to get, you'd better get it NOW and in-hand . . . . just like the Executive do.

And remember . . . it's just "business." Nothing personal. Such is life in American industry now.

kcabpilot said:
Ronin the stalker

who'd a thought..... ;)
[post="240334"][/post]​
Yea, guess I'm guilty....of course when I was at DIA and my buds took me over to FRT....they were not too happy with the "we're gonna take your hanger" comments by MR Fish. He's making LOTS of friends ya know ;)

Latest posts

Back