August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing that the entire DL141 eboard voted unanimously for the United TA. Gonna have to really stick together otherwise the District may try to divide things favorably for the company over at US AIRWAYS.

I am sure US management will be passing that sorry ass scope unlimited part-time and seasonal/ready reserves across the table with US agents

As I said before, I am not a fan of TA2. But we have some problems where if this does not pass, it's going to get worse on the sCO side where we aren't protected and more cuts will come. Efficiency Teams are roaming thru EWR and IAH for the last few weeks looking on strategies on what to pick off. And don't even mention the out stations on the sCO side. People are mixed about these things and a lot of people are tired of holding out, because Delaney is being outmaneuvered at every turn by Wall and the company. The main thing that people want is job security. I have serious questions about it in this TA. But since we probably won't get anything better, and how many more jobs lost in the process if this is turned down. The company has already implied (in more ways than one) that if this is shot down a second time, the ax will fall harder than ever. Especially on sCO. That's my own opinion from what I've heard and know.

But three things will let this thing pass: People wanting their money. People wanting out. And voter apathy.
The way I see things (as a sCO member) is damned if I vote YES, or damned if I vote NO. We're not getting a lot out of this deal, but some scope. I have enough time in to survive a cut or a bump (being in a profitable hub helps), but a lot of my co-workers don't. Even though we made money this quarter, management in their infinite wisdom will definitely start looking to cut, instead of addressing their own decisions. But I digress.

I will be ready to vote tomorrow. I'll bet it will pass be over 5%. (55-45)
Difficult indeed T5. Good luck and although this ta doesnt provide anything to be proud of, u r in the second biggest station and if u have more than ten years i cant see u getting cut. Not to sound crude but i would think people will start bumping into iah or ord over ewr. Heck ur taxes are terrible. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL ? If TA2 is ratified with the current largest US Airline and largest Union /IAM you ALL know this will be the template for US and AMR Group when/if merger is approved. Once DP and his RAT PACK are given control and they become insulated based in business friendly TEXAS it will be divide and conquer. The play book will be followed written at UA/CO/IAM. In the BIG PICTURE if WE don't stand are ground now and say NO ! The next generation of Airline Workers in the US will only be able to support a FAMILY in fewer than 30 Cities regardless of what Airline they work for.

oh its coming. Trust me i dont wanna get pegged on a second class pay ever again. Why would anyone think it is worth to even pay dues with no work rules and only a half dozen stations.
Well, looks like it passed....

"The International Association of Machinists is applauding a new deal covering 28,000 workers at United Airlines, but says it cannot seem to make any headway on two US Airways contracts.

The United deal runs through 2016 and covers fleet service workers, agents, and others. It provides wage boosts between 19% and 56% over the life of the contract, including immediate increases between 7% and 29%, the IAM said. With about 65% of eligible members voting, the contract won approval in excess of 70%, the union said."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2013/10/29/machinists-union-ratifys-united-contract-but-says-us-airways-drags-its-feet/?partner=yahootix

I hope we can do better, but I have my doubts if the IAM leadership thinks this was a good deal.

well its sad to say that come 2016 or so  united be down to just their hubs...    if i were a bettin man  id bet that those dirty arse donkeys in tempe are gonna tell the dirty ole jackass al i hate labor hemmoraghing hemmingway to get a similar deal...

Reactions: 1 person
Jester said:
Well, looks like it passed....

"The International Association of Machinists is applauding a new deal covering 28,000 workers at United Airlines, but says it cannot seem to make any headway on two US Airways contracts.

The United deal runs through 2016 and covers fleet service workers, agents, and others. It provides wage boosts between 19% and 56% over the life of the contract, including immediate increases between 7% and 29%, the IAM said. With about 65% of eligible members voting, the contract won approval in excess of 70%, the union said."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2013/10/29/machinists-union-ratifys-united-contract-but-says-us-airways-drags-its-feet/?partner=yahootix

I hope we can do better, but I have my doubts if the IAM leadership thinks this was a good deal.
65% of the membership voted. This number is driven primarily IMO... on a one day vote in person at your assigned local. Many new, former CO employees/members in the smaller outline stations have never been to their locals. i have to believe the 30 protected stations made up the majority of the voter turnout. Once again... it's a case of money trumping protecting work. Although in my station (outline/small UA station) the PCE and RAMP Agreements passed by nearly the same margin as the system wide margins. Go Figure! I guess we, as a collective group, are only capable of short term thinking.

robbedagain said:
well its sad to say that come 2016 or so  united be down to just their hubs...    if i were a bettin man  id bet that those dirty arse donkeys in tempe are gonna tell the dirty ole jackass al i hate labor hemmoraghing hemmingway to get a similar deal...
I have no doubts they will try.
Besides the lack of scoop there was also another little tidbit like unlimited part time

Hey cltrat,

Location protection is only one layer of protection. What you and your other alias nelson refuse to admit is multi layer is the best in the industry.

jetjob  that may be  but again you only have 7 or 8 hubs protected and i would bet that in the coming yrs  ual's jackasses mgmt are gonna wipe out all of the other cities and keep just the just the hubs    its a hell of a way to get rid of employees  other than the buyout      in my own opin  that contract could and should of been written much better than that

ograc said:
65% of the membership voted. This number is driven primarily IMO... on a one day vote in person at your assigned local. Many new, former CO employees/members in the smaller outline stations have never been to their locals. i have to believe the 30 protected stations made up the majority of the voter turnout. Once again... it's a case of money trumping protecting work. Although in my station (outline/small UA station) the PCE and RAMP Agreements passed by nearly the same margin as the system wide margins. Go Figure! I guess we, as a collective group, are only capable of short term thinking.

jet job said:
Hey cltrat,

Location protection is only one layer of protection. What you and your other alias nelson refuse to admit is multi layer is the best in the industry.

haha Dave there are a number of people here that knows for a fact I am not nelson, though now that you mentioned it I'd rather be nelson than a leach like you.

As for that contract don't bother coming in here and telling us how great that pos is

Well, at US AIRWAYS, our work is cut out. I'm sure AH will want to bring the non-union work rule contract from United over to US AIRWAYS. The most critical thing that we know is that Parker made the decision to dump all new 70+ seat RJ's with PSA as opposed to Piedmont or American Eagle. Therefore, we have to keep our station classification language which includes any company jet over 69 seats to be tabulated for scope. That's what I personally would red circle over most everything else since it directly relates to the current scope. Secondly, we have to preserve the part time % and solid health care [when compared to AMR and UA].

The good thing is that we already have all 3 of these things in our contract and shouldn't have to give any of it up. With the company making record profits, the gains that I would like to see are scope. I know some may want more time off and that is worthy but without scope, we have nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.