August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
WE can display CONTRACTS NOW at every HUB/FOCUS CITY and LCC/DP will still not negotiate in good faith with IAM...Our lump of coal will be waiting for US when FS NC shows up in DFW . FS Brothers will be treated no different then the MR NC. NO VALUE , NO TA, and GO AWAY until next year after merger decision. HAPPY HOLIDAYS ?
So be it! Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. The question is; what are we (the union) going to do about it? US in PHX is betting we will do nothing. Time will tell...

Everyone!!!!!!!!!

Just a reminder to go online and fill out the IAM survey. This is for the negotiating teams use. The deadline is next Friday the 25th. All fleet service members should care enough to take 15 minutes to fill out this survey. Also please help spread the word. Thanks!!!

WE are going to do nothing that WE and the IAM have not all ready done or tried under our CBA and RULES/LAWS of RLA/NMB for the last 2 yrs.+. Until we are released or LCC/DP agree to a CBA nothing more can be done. IAM Members at LCC who no/understand what is happening. No that BIG BROTHER is watching them at ALL Stations will wait/see. LCC/DP will only come to the table in good faith when threatened with a STRIKE or MERGER with AMR Group ? Shutting LCC down with a legal self help decision /vote by the Membership is easy with 3 Hubs and DCA .

That's the truth, get er done and watch TV, and that's a big mind set that will never be overcome. We can only hope management is foolish enough to turn the TV's off.

IMO Brothers/Sisters what happens at IAM D-141 UA/CO means nothing to US at IAM D-141 FS LCC and IAM D-142 MX/Related. Why ? Because you are, have , and would be comparing PUMPKINS to PEAS. We should focus on US LCC/AMR Group Members/Workers. Not a Membership that has a long ! list of issues and really don't care about ours. SOLIDARITY at LCC ? Surveys are a waist of time when only 20 % Membership are paying attention NC . CHEERS ! Roabilly
surveys arent a waste of time to the union bosses. They phrase a question a certain way to manufacture a response and then they can claim you lost a benefit or work rule because you and your coworkers didnt have enuf responses. At sUa they claimed unlimited part time because the membership didnt place the bigger deal on that.

Reactions: 2 people
The DOL mandated rerun nominations/elections are for the Grand Lodge Officer positions not the DL 141 Officers. I will agree though... if UA TA #2 gets rejected it will have an adverse effect on current UA DL 141 Officer's futures. Much is at stake for everyone.
bingo!

Imo ta2 is going to pass. People are genuinely pissed off and not happy with the cruddy deal. imo the only possible chance any current officer has is if ta2 fails and gives them a third opportunity to bridge things. Ta1 was the manifestation of what the officers wanted people to take. Ta2, if better was the sole result of the memberships rejection of ta1.

That said, politics has no place in these matters so ive put together a dissenting opinion instead of politically hoping ta2 comes in and locks in the ta so it can be used as witness.

Reactions: 2 people
What WE at IAM LCC can hope for is the IAM Membership is smarter then the IAM D-141 UA/CO self serving Leadership and vote NO on TA2 . If UA/CO stay strong in SOLIDARITY , stand their ground like what we saw with BART Union Workers, and DEMAND ! a Industry Leading CBA NOW ! the Politics/Purging will follow Brother/Sisters.

If I were a ua or co employee id vote that contract right down the toilet thats a crummy crapper deal. Sure hope we get better at us but im not holding my breath to it in light of how the mechanics talks turned cb I for one took the survey I sure hope the vast majority would put job security n wages at top thats just me though

The process leading up to the ratification vote of the tentative agreement 2 at UA is disturbing to me. It seems the objective is to hurry through. As Recording Secretary of my local we have yet to receive ballots or instructions from the district to date. This, despite the fact the voting date is less than 6 days away. Likewise, the Q&A opportunity in the station was limited to a brief one day station visit by the AGC. The members still have many questions pertaining to their future employment that are not clearly addressed in the TA or LOAs. Many in my station view this rushed process as a joint effort by both parties to get the agreement ratified.
Medical benefits are subject to change in March of 2014, seniority integration will come after the agreements are ratified, bumping rights from one bargaining unit to another in outline stations are not clearly defined, early out package depends on participation. The list of questions the members have in my station is endless. I guess it's the case of the pesky details will follow... just sign here. In my 3 + terms as Recording Secretary I have never seen such a rush to vote and the lack of information on what a member is voting on.

Reactions: 1 person
The process leading up to the ratification vote of the tentative agreement 2 at UA is disturbing to me. It seems the objective is to hurry through. As Recording Secretary of my local we have yet to receive ballots or instructions from the district to date. This, despite the fact the voting date is less than 6 days away. Likewise, the Q&A opportunity in the station was limited to a brief one day station visit by the AGC. The members still have many questions pertaining to their future employment that are not clearly addressed in the TA or LOAs. Many in my station view this rushed process as a joint effort by both parties to get the agreement ratified.
Medical benefits are subject to change in March of 2014, seniority integration will come after the agreements are ratified, bumping rights from one bargaining unit to another in outline stations are not clearly defined, early out package depends on participation. The list of questions the members have in my station is endless. I guess it's the case of the pesky details will follow... just sign here. In my 3 + terms as Recording Secretary I have never seen such a rush to vote and the lack of information on what a member is voting on.

If they're not sure what they're voting on- then a 'no' vote is the safest option.

Reactions: 1 person
If I were a ua or co employee id vote that contract right down the toilet thats a crummy crapper deal. Sure hope we get better at us but im not holding my breath to it in light of how the mechanics talks turned cb I for one took the survey I sure hope the vast majority would put job security n wages at top thats just me though

As I said before, I am not a fan of TA2. But we have some problems where if this does not pass, it's going to get worse on the sCO side where we aren't protected and more cuts will come. Efficiency Teams are roaming thru EWR and IAH for the last few weeks looking on strategies on what to pick off. And don't even mention the out stations on the sCO side. People are mixed about these things and a lot of people are tired of holding out, because Delaney is being outmaneuvered at every turn by Wall and the company. The main thing that people want is job security. I have serious questions about it in this TA. But since we probably won't get anything better, and how many more jobs lost in the process if this is turned down. The company has already implied (in more ways than one) that if this is shot down a second time, the ax will fall harder than ever. Especially on sCO. That's my own opinion from what I've heard and know.

But three things will let this thing pass: People wanting their money. People wanting out. And voter apathy.
The way I see things (as a sCO member) is damned if I vote YES, or damned if I vote NO. We're not getting a lot out of this deal, but some scope. I have enough time in to survive a cut or a bump (being in a profitable hub helps), but a lot of my co-workers don't. Even though we made money this quarter, management in their infinite wisdom will definitely start looking to cut, instead of addressing their own decisions. But I digress.

I will be ready to vote tomorrow. I'll bet it will pass be over 5%. (55-45)

Status
Not open for further replies.