Australia flights ?

usfan

Nov 4, 2006
Can somebody explain this ??? If you open this Docket in DOT internet site there is no mention of any codeshare with other airline . Only US AIRWAYS ... Very interesting .....

OST-2003-15696-5 US Airways, Inc.
Howard Kass
1401 H Street, N.W., Suite 1075
Washington DC 20005
Application of US Airways, Inc. requesting an amendment of its current exemption authority, and its designation, in order to engage in scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property and mail between Los Angeles and San Francisco, California, on the one hand, via intermediate points, and Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, and Adelaide, Australia, on the other hand. - Answers are due by Aug 29, 2007

Can somebody explain this ??? If you open this Docket in DOT internet site there is no mention of any codeshare with other airline . Only US AIRWAYS ... Very interesting .....
OST-2003-15696-5 US Airways, Inc.
Howard Kass
1401 H Street, N.W., Suite 1075
Washington DC 20005
Application of US Airways, Inc. requesting an amendment of its current exemption authority, and its designation, in order to engage in scheduled foreign air transportation of persons, property and mail between Los Angeles and San Francisco, California, on the one hand, via intermediate points, and Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, and Adelaide, Australia, on the other hand. - Answers are due by Aug 29, 2007

I believe the current authority is codeshare only. As this is an amendment, I'm thinking this is due to the recent Air New Zealand codeshare announcement.

I believe the current authority is codeshare only. As this is an amendment, I'm thinking this is due to the recent Air New Zealand codeshare announcement.

I found some documents on the internet of a similar nature except the destinations were different. The docs that I saw were requests for flight restrictions to be lifted in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Montevideo, Uraguay. Would those possibly be codeshare as well? Or could they actually be thinking of flying them ourself?

As this is an amendment, I'm thinking this is due to the recent Air New Zealand codeshare announcement.
Correct, except that US wants to amend and extend it's 2 year exemption to codeshare with UA to Sydney and Melbourne. The amendment would be to add the other cities - Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, and Adelaide - via the Air New Zealand codeshare.

I found some documents on the internet of a similar nature except the destinations were different.
Do you have the docket numbers or links? Just searching the DOT docket system for US turns up too many results to go through individually.

Jim

I found the Buenos Aires and Montevideo application. It's for an extension to authority granted in 2005 to codeshare with UA or offer US service "if future market conditions warrant."

Jim

The code share with UA international destination is a nightmare with SHARES. To add more is bringing hardship on the customers and agents. It seems marketing is a work and IT is not…..

Latest posts