AWA ALPA LEC 62 Update

Typically profound sound bites from you...Ummm...Any actual THOUGHTS? :blink:

Alpo's created a huge mess that's fully proving itself unworkable, with virtual civil war between two pilot groups, and economic distress for all involved being the result. You don't see any attendant duty to Alpo to attempt any fix? Refresh my memory: WTF IS the purpose of any "union"?

"Are you kidding? Heck no! Not if my beer is cold and my Cable still works! Oh yeah.. my IPOD too. Let's be realistic man. Sheeezz." Weezel # 1493

ALPA is responsible to correct it.
I'm sure it's a simple oversight but you forgot to add "if it was improper". The EC resolution was quite clear: the Nic Award will not be touched by ALPA because there are no grounds to do so. Our EVP confirmed this to a number of us in person yesterday. You can play your hand at union-busting but the Nic Award stands for all time because it's legal, proper, and in the opinion of most non-Easties it's fair.
The pipe dream of ascribing guilt to the ones who have been stolen from so one can feel justified in collecting the lottery ticket at their expense is pathetic.
Your tantrums haven't worked very well so far. Do you really think they will in the future?

You can play your hand at union-busting but the Nic Award stands for all time because it's legal, proper, and in the opinion of most non-Easties it's fair.

Thanks. That you feel that "in the opinion of most non-Easties it's fair." is certainly good cause to back out of any organization of such as would think so. If your opinion's truly reflective of Alpo, I can readilly see the insane chaos that will come from any future mergers. Perhaps you can just work them out via Tarot Cards, or astrological signs next time. You might want to consider hiring John Edwards to arbitrate via channeling a dead goat as well :lol: As for "union-busting"...since when is establishing a different union "busting" anything? Oh!...silly me = It's not about us pilots, and it's certainly not about unionism...it's all about Alpo. i forget that sometimes :lol: Good thing that some Alpo drone's always around to remind me in one fashion or other.

Dump Alpo Now!

"Your tantrums haven't worked very well so far. Do you really think they will in the future?" Great choice of phrase there. I'd almost smell a faint whiff of Alpo patronizing therein. Ummm...enlighten us all then Alpo Great One: Is the Nic award actually in effect at present?...No?...It really isn't?...How can that be?..It's clearly "binding", and "fair", and "legal"..WTF's the problem then? Good thing that the "tantrums" don't work at all then. I'm glad that you pointed that out because, as gullible as I am; I'm actually able to imagine that the east decert movement has Alpo a little "troubled", and it's effecting what they do in their just and perfect, not too mention "fair" little Alpo world. Believe me; I'd never go so far as to suggest that the human and legal perfection that is Alpo would ever bend to an outside force just to protect some phoney-baloney Alpo positions, or strive to ensure the continuance of dues/etc....and, being bastions of moral strength; would certainly never be swayed in any way by such trivial, and impure notions so as to give in to "tantrums";)

Grant yourself the benefit of a quick Reality Check;)

Nicolua made the decision. He is responsible for the decision he made. ALPA is responsible to correct it.

Nope. Actually, as stated on page 34 of the Nicolau award: " The Board shall retain jurisdiction in accordance with Section H. 5. B. of the ALPA Merger Policy to resolve any disputes over the meaning or interpretation of this award."

I'm actually kind of baffled at the fact that the AAA MEC didn't appeal to the board directly, rather than their request to the ALPA EC and the lawsuit in DC. Although, on the other hand, it makes sense.....why appeal to the ultimate jurisdiction knowing it's a losing battle.

There's a big difference between "perceived unfair" and "illegal".

Can't we talk about something safe.....like guncontrol or abortion? :D

Most rational outside observers would agree that the Easties had unreaslistic expectations for the Nic Award. Knowing what Nicolau actually said during the hearings as opposed to your MEC's watered-down, slanted summaries, would've provided you valuable information to help temper your expectations.I suspect gross negligence rather than malice. They were afraid to tell you the truth for fear of being recalled.And yes, your misery could also become my misery.

If I've learned one thing from reading these boards, it's that Union leaders use the perception of IRRATIONALITY as a negotiating ploy. In this case, I suspect the perception is reality. AAAMEC's strategy is beyond my ability to fully comprehend or defend.

So, after all this posturing and strategizing, the AWA pilots are going to get a pilot group that has no interest in cooperating, ever. Isn't that too high a price to pay for the benefits of the Nic award? I guess, as always, it's a game of 'I'm crazier than you are' poker. I wouldn't bet against LCC East pilots.

If I've learned one thing from reading these boards, it's that Union leaders use the perception of IRRATIONALITY as a negotiating ploy. In this case, I suspect the perception is reality. AAAMEC's strategy is beyond my ability to fully comprehend or defend.

So, after all this posturing and strategizing, the AWA pilots are going to get a pilot group that has no interest in cooperating, ever. Isn't that too high a price to pay for the benefits of the Nic award? I guess, as always, it's a game of 'I'm crazier than you are' poker. I wouldn't bet against LCC East pilots.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!! Every opportunity was given to "work out solutions" so to speak prior to reaching arbitration and LCC east refused every time!! They still refused when the panel making the decisions stated "I will NOT use DOH or length of service in my decision" This was stated not once but three times!!

Now lets fast fwd If I were Parker or Kirby I would let this rage on until Sept 25, date of single cert. At that point if no arrangement I would make plans to first code share with UAL while getting rid of certain parts of the op on my way to full merger. No contract?? cool as I would rather have the UAL contract on a three way anyway and that would take at the very least 3 more yrs so I get two BK style contracts in the AWA contract 04 and LOA 93 Oh and I get a third with the BK contract of UAL. I am a winner on all three for like I said, three yrs. I can always count on pilots to be their own worst enemy, educated idiots, what a combination!!

Watch and see if this plays out this way, I got bottle of 100yr old Brandy to anyone who proves this to be wrong...

Hmmmmm.

Religious babies that use guns to kill other babies with differing religious views?

..and how that works into the abortion debate?..and what types of guns should be banned for infants' use? Toss those in and the argument frame's got potential. :lol:

..and how that works into the abortion debate?..and what types of guns should be banned for infants' use? Toss those in and the argument frame's got potential. :lol:
OK, I got it this time.

Religious babies who believe the world is overpopulated so they use banned automatic weapons with kevlar piercing bullets to kill pregnant mothers.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive!! Every opportunity was given to "work out solutions" so to speak prior to reaching arbitration and LCC east refused every time!! ...

You've full personal expertise on your first thought. As per your tired BS about "Every opportunity was given to "work out solutions"....Even if at all true (and I'm wholly unable to remember any vaunted MEC morons ever calling for line pilots' opinions on how to "work" anything out) WTF's your possible point other than "Nyaah Nyaah" yet again? :down:

OK, I got it this time.

Religious babies who believe the world is overpopulated so they use banned automatic weapons with kevlar piercing bullets to kill pregnant mothers.

Now; That's got potential :lol:

AWA320,

If this airline breaks up, do not be surprised if the East goes to United and the West to Continental.

The one thing you're forgetting is the East as the majority of the revenue because the West is a low RASM operation.

By the way, what is wrong with one of the Rice Committee's recommendations of a joint contract and separate East and West operations? This preserves everybody's pre-merger career expectation and provides an improved contract.

Finally, I'm not so sure people want to merge because of the US Airways - AWA labor problems. Furthermore, if the East keeps its pay rates at its current level the AWA pilots and the rest of the industry is likely to do the same due to the "monkey see, monkey do" attitude in industry labor relations.

CEO's will likely cry poverty and the need to match costs.

Thus, when would now be a good time to negotiate a settlement per the Rice Committee recommendation so everybody can move forward?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

See you seem to fail to grasp reality, you all lost the arbitration and have no position of power.

Game, Set, Match, Winner is WEST!

Latest posts