AWA ALPA Press Release

Statement from Myself.

AAA was days from chapter 7 and they should be happy to have a Job stapled to the AWA list.

You should change your nom de plume to 'flyairbus320' since the 737's will be going the way of the Buffalo soon.

The Airbus is a much more civilized place to work and has a bidet in the forward lavatory. Designed for use by pilots like you!

First of all Ms Fairness and wealth of knowledge you think Paris gets what she wants? She would be your role model and Hell NO our pilots will not leave with what retirement because they do not have one

Who are you talking to - This post didn't make sense to me - Paris is not my idol by far.. I am all for AAA pilots... I would do whatever it takes to help the AAA pilots even though I don't work at USAir.. and happy about that at this point...

Maybe chap 7 is the way to go now.....instead of setting the precident of unfair, unmitigated,unrealistic and unf**ingbelivable labor practices into action. This merger/takover/intigration is NEVER going to come to fruition, the labor groups are NEVER going to come together and make a cohesive airline. So, take your NIC award and see if it will make your house/car/college/alimony payments when this is done...Good Luck kids.....so glad the PBGC has my pension covered...lol...!

Maybe chap 7 is the way to go now.....instead of setting the precident of unfair, unmitigated,unrealistic and unf**ingbelivable labor practices into action. This merger/takover/intigration is NEVER going to come to fruition, the labor groups are NEVER going to come together and make a cohesive airline. So, take your NIC award and see if it will make your house/car/college/alimony payments when this is done...Good Luck kids.....so glad the PBGC has my pension covered...lol...!

If in the near future we wake up one morning to see a press release from Tempe announcing the cash of the PHL leases to SWA, a pullout from PIT, and the sale of the European flying to UAL, DAL, or AMR, the above post should explain why. Believe me, the West is perfectly happy to see two lists until the next merger is announced or until after the East gets synergized. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Doug will sell what he finds too difficult to manage.

Statement from Myself.

AAA was days from chapter 7 and they should be happy to have a Job stapled to the AWA list.

Let us have some facts, here.

US was never close to any chapter, having come out of ch22 making money. It seems AWA was losing money, then. Seems you might have the names reversed.

US was never close to any chapter, having come out of ch22 making money. It seems AWA was losing money, then. Seems you might have the names reversed.

Huh? Say what? Perhaps you need to go back and read the arbitration hearing transcript. You can start with both sides opening statements, which are not evidence but still contain information, and then go read the testimony of Robert Mann.

Here's some of what you will find. US was within 25 days of being completely out of cash. GE's leasing division was grabbing planes back and, if I recall, the credit card transaction contract was being terminated.

There is a reason East did not have an economic expert at the arbitartion. It probably had to do with not being able to withstand any form of cross-examination.

If in the near future we wake up one morning to see a press release from Tempe announcing the cash of the PHL leases to SWA, a pullout from PIT, and the sale of the European flying to UAL, DAL, or AMR, the above post should explain why. Believe me, the West is perfectly happy to see two lists until the next merger is announced or until after the East gets synergized. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Doug will sell what he finds too difficult to manage.

Then the whole airline is for sale.

pilot

Equally possible outcome:

AWA's operational route structure and resources fail to interest anyone.

The much more desirable presence in the north east and CLT seems attractive to someone..say..umm..UAL?.

A piecemeal absorption occurs that leaves AWA out in the corporate cold.

Doooougi and crew fill their suitcases even more with the deal, and slither off under fresh corporate tombstones. If you guys out west, even for a nanosecond, actually think that Parker and crew have some/ANY allegiance to AWA and yourselves/your futures....you're flat-out delusionally insane.

Bottom Line = There's just no way to predict the future here.

"Believe me, the West is perfectly happy to see two lists..."
Whew...It seems that we CAN actually agree on something.

The classic answer to the egregious award is found in the old merger adage: "if both sides are pissed, then it was a successful arbitration."

Unless expectations were out of whack.

AWA Meger Committee
- told their pilots not to have expectations about the arbitration results
- published the transcripts every day after the hearings
- successfully forcasted a "ratioed" integration model, and based their proposal on it

AAA Merger Committee
- promised their pilots date-of-hire
- didn't wavier from their date-of-hire position even after being advised by their attorney and the arbitrator to the contrary
- did NOT publish the transcripts; instead published a daily slanted editorial about the hearings
- spent union money to produce "date of hire" stickers for flight bags

No surprise about the disparate reactions.

BTW - If AAA is willing to pay (up front) to hold another arbitration, I'm confident that the result would be the same or more in the AWA pilot's favor. However, in order for me to agree to that, AAA would have to agree to:

1) Reimburse the AWA MEC for all merger expenses to date.
2) Pay - up front - the anticipated expenses for another arbitration
3) Ratify a joint agreement in advance of the next award so this second award stands

Anybody out East who is confident that a new arbitration would yeild them better results should have no problem signing on to this proposal.

QUOTE(N924PS @ Jun 28 2007, 02:00 PM)

The classic answer to the egregious award is found in the old merger adage: "if both sides are pissed, then it was a successful arbitration."

Unless expectations were out of whack.

The first is most certainly true...and only one side's irate.

"Unless expectations were out of whack." = A meanginless header to try and disguise that all which follows is merely another tedious, and pathetic attempt at "justifying" this obscenity. In the unlikely case that it's thus far escaped you...the battle lines are drawn, and any/all aditional BS's not going to give us cause out east to buy into any notions of meek acceptance.

QUOTE(N924PS @ Jun 28 2007, 02:00 PM)

The first is most certainly true...and only one side's irate.

"Unless expectations were out of whack." = A meanginless header to try and disguise that all which follows is merely another tedious, and pathetic attempt at "justifying" this obscenity. In the unlikely case that it's thus far escaped you...the battle lines are drawn, and any/all aditional BS's not going to give us cause out east to buy into any notions of meek acceptance.

Was every Nic decision an obscenity, or is it coincidentally this arbitration which happens to be his only "obscenity?"

Equally possible outcome:

AWA's operational route structure and resources fail to interest anyone.

The much more desirable presence in the north east and CLT seems attractive to someone..say..umm..UAL?.

A piecemeal absorption occurs that leaves AWA out in the corporate cold.

Doooougi and crew fill their suitcases even more with the deal, and slither off under fresh corporate tombstones. If you guys out west, even for a nanosecond, actually think that Parker and crew have some/ANY allegiance to AWA and yourselves/your futures....you're flat-out delusionally insane.

Bottom Line = There's just no way to predict the future here.

"Believe me, the West is perfectly happy to see two lists..."
Whew...It seems that we CAN actually agree on something.

Another thing that is for certain is that nobody will every want anything to do with US Air employees. Whatever assets are sold, employees will be left behind.

This entire industry is in a death spiral, including this company, and I can't get us out of it. Deregulation is an abysmal failure and we have no more furniture left to burn.

— Bruce Lakefield, CEO US Airways, while between bankruptcies and before being taken over by America West, October 2004.

http://www.skygod.com/quotes/airline.html

That has not happened with regard to the Nicolau Award. Even P0001 or his contemporaries have been silent. Why?
Senum 518 "buys" you a widebody Captain job in PHL if you want it.
It will be interesting to see if ALPA Merger Policy undergoes another major revision at the next BOD meeting later this year. At least they will be able to define "windfall" and how one is created.

BOOB. P0001 retired two weeks ago and was TIRED of East Whine & Cheese fest! Here's some windfall items that you forgot:
1. The First 517 slots went EAST.
2. The wide body flying is EAST protected for 4 years.
3. The EAST pilot's got stock in the new company.
4. The EAST still gets a defined retirement (albeit via the PBGC).

ALPA Merger policy was followed to the "T". Relative seniority was lost by AWA senior pilots, but WE signed and accepted the BINDING ARBITRATION. Come to think of it, so did your Merger Committee representatives.

I can see how you would be so concerned about all of us West pilots flocking to PHL for those seats. With the warm reception that we have gotten, who wouldn't?? :down:

Cactus..the WORST any AWA pilot could have done was DOH. You guys did great.

"Anybody out East who is confident that a new arbitration would yeild them better results should have no problem signing on to this proposal."

There will be no "new" arbitration under current ALPA policy...and I do understand you might win this. But that is the entire issue driving the East to a new union...current merger policy, that in being unclear and vague, it does not represent this East pilot group.

Folks, all threats aside...there is a real chance ALPA will be facing a decert vote in the next 6 months. In my world, that is fact.

Greeter.

Yet Lakefield was the money man and was able to raise all the cash to fun the crazy merger. Not to shabby for saying he can't save it.