AWA management!

Anyone got the list and contacts for the Board of Directors? I say we start handing out the information and making them accountable for this disaster.

Lets just say nothing legal right now.

Flying by the book is legal, isn't it? No shortcuts. Sometimes that shortcut to Dogal saving 55 miles is just not practical.

To our chagrin, we have found that flying the 767 at M.82 vs M.80 (company recommended) actually saves gas. Who would have thunk!

Some of us seem to encounter turbulence all the time, thereby requiring a slower speed. Lower altitudes seem smoother. and some of us have found that the gear really does not make much noise at FL350, where legal. Flight planning a re-release with a 500 lb. pad is just an invitation to land short.

Oh, when writing up things for the logbook, I used to send a copy into the FAA if I thought operations was bypassing writeups. Great way for an FO to ding a Captain who wants to "carry" writeups.

Lots of legal means. So little time, so much to do. I don't know but keeping control of the throttles seems the best way to send a message.

You know it makes no sense to punish the company and cost it money for your East MEC's failings and shortcomings.

I agree that previous managements were not as bad as Tempe, but I must totally disagree that prior mgt teams knew how to run an airline.

Or, better yet, let me qualify that statement. There is no evidence that previous mgt teams knew how to run an airline. They might have known how to do it. I suspect that Gangwal might have been great at actually running an airline, but he was never given the chance since his sponsor (Wolf) was too busy doing deals to let him do the job he secretly wanted to do. I think that's why he quit.

But Tempe is by far the worst ever. An uncanny blend of hubris, ignorance and stupidity.
Not to mention the "Weather Card" for describing a clusterf*ck of an operation on ANY given day or the "Pardon Our Dust" excuse for another p*ss poor decision. I have been saying for months they are either Stupid, Drunk, Ignorant and GD CLUELESS when it comes to executing ANYTHING. Everything they have done from the "Heritage Planes " livery screwups, to AB reconfigs, the DELTA Debacle and the Prostitution of SHARES, and thye Swammi invasion. The list is ENDLESS. Oh, and lets NOT forget their LSD "trip" to CHINA.........for the Love of God! Idiots. :lol:

I'll bring the beers if someone brings the lawn chairs...we'll have ourselves a good bonfire on the ramp at CLT while we picket...oh yeah...we could probably have catering send us some US Airways quality food from the clubs...
And Tempe may even send over some calzones.