Carty Resurfaces

Maybe the unions need to start lobbying efforts to deny Virgin America a certificate? It's bad enough you've got Branson pulling the puppet strings, but with Carty in the mix, there's not only a citizenship question (as others said, he's Canadian when it is convenient), but also an overall fitness to lead issue... If Lorenzo wasn't good enough to re-enter the industry, certainly Carty isn't.

I will not fly VA if Carty is at any position there. He screwed enough people already and now some one is letting him do it again? DAMN!!! just my thoughts......
Well if that's the case, you shouldn't fly AA either because the rest of his partners in crime are still here. The way I see it, Carty was the fall guy for all of their greed. I have no use for any of them.

Maybe the unions need to start lobbying efforts to deny Virgin America a certificate? It's bad enough you've got Branson pulling the puppet strings, but with Carty in the mix, there's not only a citizenship question (as others said, he's Canadian when it is convenient), but also an overall fitness to lead issue... If Lorenzo wasn't good enough to re-enter the industry, certainly Carty isn't.
<_< Not a good comparison! Carty's no saint by any means. But a Lorenzo, or Icahn he's not! Completly out of his class!

Think about it,

In a very competitive horse race, one of our opponets just decided to run with a 250lb jockey.

Sir Richard Branson will soon find out the Carty will lose money faster than he could physically burn it.

Whats your beef with Carty?

When he was at AA you were probably licking his boots.

Anyone who thinks Arpey is any different than Carty is nuts.

Maybe the unions need to start lobbying efforts to deny Virgin America a certificate? It's bad enough you've got Branson pulling the puppet strings, but with Carty in the mix, there's not only a citizenship question

No, there's not. The foreign ownership restrictions apply only to the percentage of the common stock that can be held by non-U.S. citizens/corporations. The citizenship of the officers is of no real interest to the government--particularly when it comes to executive officers.

There is a foreign worker employment act which states that companies must make every effort to hire U.S. citizens or get certification from a state employment service that U.S. workers are not available/willing to take the job or the foreigner has some special skill not available among U.S. citizens. The Labor Department gave up a long time ago trying to make the law apply to executives because any company that wants to hire a particular foreigner bad enough can always come up with a reason that makes that person unique and necessary to the future health of the company.

No, there's not. The foreign ownership restrictions apply only to the percentage of the common stock that can be held by non-U.S. citizens/corporations. The citizenship of the officers is of no real interest to the government--particularly when it comes to executive officers.

There is a foreign worker employment act which states that companies must make every effort to hire U.S. citizens or get certification from a state employment service that U.S. workers are not available/willing to take the job or the foreigner has some special skill not available among U.S. citizens. The Labor Department gave up a long time ago trying to make the law apply to executives because any company that wants to hire a particular foreigner bad enough can always come up with a reason that makes that person unique and necessary to the future health of the company.

It intrigues me that you know so much about other things and yet, you don't get involved to make our careers better. You would rather rant and rave instead of doing something. When it comes to other things such as what you said above, you know it well. Put the effort into getting involved with the union to make a difference as you put into your research! :rolleyes:

It intrigues me that you know so much about other things and yet, you don't get involved to make our careers better. You would rather rant and rave instead of doing something. When it comes to other things such as what you said above, you know it well. Put the effort into getting involved with the union to make a difference as you put into your research! :rolleyes:

Just like a parakeet. If one asks the right question, your answer makes you appear intelligent, but you only have rote answers to everything.

Anyone: What does BOB want?
BOB: Bob wants a cracker. Awk.
Anyone: What does BOB think of the Middle East situation.
BOB: Bob wants a cracker. Awk.

:rolleyes: back atcha.

P.S. TP, your opinion of me is not really any of my business, and I don't like to pry.

Whats your beef with Carty?

When he was at AA you were probably licking his boots.

Bob, that's like me saying there was a time that you were under Jim Little's desk just because of your former position within the TWU leadership...

I had a lot of issues with Carty's leadership, but rather than dig up a lot of dirty laundry all over again, I'll just say that he's gone, and I'm glad.

Bob, that's like me saying there was a time that you were under Jim Little's desk just because of your former position within the TWU leadership...

I had a lot of issues with Carty's leadership, but rather than dig up a lot of dirty laundry all over again, I'll just say that he's gone, and I'm glad.

That's kinda like AA management telling us the concessions are all in the past, no sense reliving them. Right, like I am not reminded of the concessions when I look at EPAYS every week, when I look at accrued sick time, vacation time.

Yep, concessions are all gone, no sense digging up a lot of dirt laundry!

That's kinda like AA management telling us the concessions are all in the past, no sense reliving them. Right, like I am not reminded of the concessions when I look at EPAYS every week, when I look at accrued sick time, vacation time.
Yep, concessions are all gone, no sense digging up a lot of dirt laundry!

The concessions are not gone, but they are a fact of life. Best to deal with what is than spend the day weeping about what might have been, or should have been. (After 5000+ years of fighting among those Semitic first cousins, there should be peace in the Middle East, but there's not. :p )

My two cents on the thread topic? We should be happy that VA is going with Carty. If he makes the employees there as unhappy as he did at AA, they will be known as the start-up low-cost carrier with the crabby employees. Could result in Sir Richard's first failure.

The concessions are not gone, but they are a fact of life. Best to deal with what is than spend the day weeping about what might have been, or should have been.

Tell that to management when they wonder why they dont get fixed like they used to, its a new fact of life.

The best way to "deal" with it is to make the concessions as unbearable for management as they are for the workers. AA doesnt give First class service for coach prices, workers who are giving their labor at concessionary wages should not work as hard as they would at fair wages. To do otherwise is rewarding management for screwing you.

If management wants to see how low they can set the rates before everyone will quit then workers are justified in seeing how little they can produce before being fired right? If not, then why not? If workers go out and produce as much or more do you think management will give them back what they took away? Or will they try and take away even more?In the end everyone loses, a better strategy is fair wages for a fair days pay, but unfortunately the bosses are too greedy.