Awa/usa Merger - Mesa's J.o. Speaks.....

us0004us

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
The Arizona Republic
May. 3, 2005 12:00 AM
Will April talks bring a May merger?

A source involved in US Airways' bankruptcy case said the goal has been to reach an agreement as early as this week. Whether that's achievable is unclear.

Mesa Air Group CEO Jonathan Ornstein, whose Phoenix-based company is weighing an investment to help US Airways get out of bankruptcy, said things appear to be moving quickly.

He would not say whether Mesa, which gets more than 70 percent of its revenue flying regional flights for the two carriers, has decided to invest.

"I imagine that this will all be resolved in the not-too-distant future," he said.

link can be found here

good luck to all!

Funguy2:

The article said, "(a) host of potential investors have been mentioned including GE, Retirement Systems of Alabama, Mesa, Air Canada, and Lufthansa."

Who first mentioned virtually all of these potential investors on this website?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Don't break your arm reaching around to pat yourself on the back.

And don't let the law get in your way, any airline can only have 25% of its stock owned by foreign entities.

700UW said:
Don't break your arm reaching around to pat yourself on the back.

And don't let the law get in your way, any airline can only have 25% of its stock owned by foreign entities.
[post="266382"][/post]​

Hey Boof/Biffie...did you get cut on the last go around...I've been away for awhile. and never heard anything about you.

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:

The article said, "(a) host of potential investors have been mentioned including GE, Retirement Systems of Alabama, Mesa, Air Canada, and Lufthansa."

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="266379"][/post]​

I have to agree with everyone else.. Don't pat yourself on the back.. You mention quite a bit of stuff on this website, 90% of it never comes true.. 2006 will be interesting..

My prediction.. You will be flying right seat in a JetBlue E190 and telling us on the website it was the best career choice you ever made..

There are many IFS.. There is one truth.. If AmWest and US merge it will be the end of both.. AmWest is finding this out.. Mr Parker was very clear.. AmWest will use none of its own money.. Problem is when you smash the two together you have no choice but to use internal money.. It will cost hundreds of millions of dollars to merge these two together.. Its not a good plan..

You spew quite a bit of stuff.. Its all interesting reading.. Grain of salt comes to mind.

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="266379"][/post]​

OMG! Did you realize that a grandiose sense of self is a sign of a sociopath? Let's face it, you don't know anymore than the rest of us. And, being on the phone 24/7 with your rumor-milling-ALPO-buddies does not constitute an "inside source." :rolleyes:

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="266379"][/post]​

We're all just very proud of you 320. You take scenarios that don't take much skill at potentially putting together (let's see U is in the *alliance. other * partners have helped others in the past. hmmm...maybe a * partner will help this merger).

The sun might set tonight - my bold prediction. I'll be sure to come back after dark and remind everyone i made this bold prediction.

In awe of you 320,

UC

USA320Pilot said:
Funguy2:

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="266379"][/post]​

Just because Dawn Gilbertson of the Arizona Republic wrote a sentence regarding what the speculation is, does not make that speculation true.

Furthermore, given the state of flux in which everything seems to be in, none of these potential discussions will necessarily bear fruit.

For example, we know that Mesa signed an agreement with DAL today... So maybe Mesa is out of the mix.

Air Canada's role seems quite unusual and nobody really seems to know what it is.

Lufthansa's role is even less clear than AC's

RSA may or may not be bound by prudent man rules.

TPG is trying to invest in Neiman Marcus, and is reportedly looking at an investment in VARIG (Star Member).

This, once again, proves nothing.

Also, interestingly, this was directed at me, when I had not even posted in this thread...

funguy2 said:
Just because Dawn Gilbertson of the Arizona Republic wrote a sentence regarding what the speculation is, does not make that speculation true.

Furthermore, given the state of flux in which everything seems to be in, none of these potential discussions will necessarily bear fruit.
[post="266589"][/post]​

Actually, both AC and LH were mentioned in the media first (and that info on AC was posted by hharotz the day before our friend mentioned it).

Mesa became a topic of discussion as soon as the AW deal was announced - remember all that leverage the AW deal was supposed ot give US over Mesa according to our friend. Lower fee for departure rates, getting them to invest, or both were promised. Well, looks like JO may be positioning Mesa to thumb it's nose at US if need be.

As you said, further RSA investment has been a topic of discussion for a year or so - ever since Bronner told the MEC that he might put in more money or buy assets for US if things turned around.

Nope, not a lot of prescience required......

Jim

The guy's just wacked folks. He personifies everything in the profession that is wrong. Sad thing is that he doesn't even see it as a profession anymore. Just a job. A job to keep at any price because of his enormous ego which typifies his lack of self confidence and self worth. The self promotion gives it away every time.

A psychologist would have a field day with this type of personality. And earn a tidy sum attempting to straighten him out.

mr

USA320: what is your take on what could happen with mesa being as an investor in bringing the usair and amw marriage together and what is the position of the atsb and ge and the likes?

USA320Pilot said:
It's tough on the "hardliners"
[post="266597"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
I'm not going to continue with "mud slinging", emotional comments, or to try and discredit the messenger. If you choose to do so, so be it.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="266173"][/post]​