BA Creates New Carrier "Open Skies Airlines"

I don't think eolesen will ever admit the fleet is falling apart - at least on the inside. Maintenance doesn't have time to so much as blow their nose on these unrealistic quick turns, with AA cracking the whip right behind them.

As I stated before, Arpey himself admitted that they have been neglecting their aircraft as far as maintenance and cleaning goes, and from what I've heard more than a few times, overnight crews use the aircraft for sleeping and watching the IFE movies, and they've been caught doing it - at least in MIA, on several occasions.

It is unfair for AA to expect maintenance issues to be resolved quickly while the aircraft is in service with little to no time to do it, when hours of overnight time for that aircraft is wasted . . . yet paid for.

There is no sense in the "Worlds largest airline by passenger volume" to have a fleet that is that filthy and broken down! I keep waiting for AA to rip out the seats and put in wooden benches with good old hemp rope for seat belts!

I'm going to have to back eolesen here. I work primarily 767-300 and 777 long haul flights. My planes are spotless more times than not. The widebody preparations for international are far superior than widebody domestic and absolutely no comparison to our narrowbody appearance standards.

We do have occasional broken seats that require more than a screwdriver to fix. That's the exception, and not the norm, in my experience.

While I don't see many dirty airplanes anymore, I DO see more maintenance delays happening on the 767-300 fleet. The maintenance delays on the 767 have grown in the last few years. While there may be more maintenance delays, the causes of most of my delays have more to do with weather and ATC holds due to too much airport and airspace volume than they do to maintenance problems.

But, as eolesen stated, it makes for better theater if you cite problems as worse than they actually are.

Surely this is a typo. 82 passengers on a 757?

Apparently it'll only have 5 rows of economy and the rest will be split about 50-50 between business with lie-flat seats and "Premium Economy". Sort of a spin on the "all luxury" services currently offered.

Let's see, an almost all business class fleet with a few economy seats? Hmmm. Sounds like a solid plan. Nothing like that has ever been attempted before! :rolleyes: Maybe THEY should just buy the EOS fleet.

Guess they started another company because if it tanks it won't take down BA.

In terms of passengers carried, American Airlines is the second largest airline from the New York City area; the second largest airline at Newark; the second largest airline at JFK (behind JetBlue, and quite a bit ahead Delta); the largest airline at LaGuardia; and the second largest international airline to/from New York (with a quite a lead on Delta). There is this huge myth that Delta has this dominating pressence over AA in New York City, but it's anything but. AA carriers nearly 4M more passengers a year to/from NYC than Delta does.

AA is second largest overall, but this isn't about dominating NYC -- it's about traffic between NYC and markets in the EU where open skies prevails. To EU destinations, DL winds up on top. That's not a myth.

But your stats do back up what I've been saying, in that DL will fare worse than AA. The AA mileage whores will continue to stay on AA. If AF is flying JFK-LHR, what incentive is there to fly on DL and have a lower level of service when you can get DL miles on AF?