Baggage fees for employees....

Whether you're traveling on an ED20 or on a "full fare" ticket, employees are treated just like regular revenue passengers, meaning you are subject to the same baggage fees. I persoanlly think it is a rip-off that ANY employees are charged for baggage. It just causes us, like our passengers to bring as much humanly possible on to the planes....which in turn(just ask our gate agents) causes departure delays!

STUPID

ED20 POSITIVE SPACE DISCOUNT PROGRAM
08/11/08
The ED20 Positive Space Discount Program allows employees of US Airways mainline and
wholly owned subsidiaries, retirees, and their eligible family members who are activated for travel"

Gizmo, thanks for putting the facts out there, we all have our opinions but it always best to get the facts.......

What a bunch of crybabies! You have a choice of flying for FREE, not even a baggage fee, on a space available basis, or you can buy a ticket with a confirmed seat and FF miles with 20% off.

:rolleyes:

Last year I purchased an ED20 and was charged by the reservations agent since I did not book it on the web. It took one billing cycle on the credit card to get the charge reversed. Money paid due to agent's lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures.

Next month I need to be somewhere on a weekend--US fare 193 (discount would be 158 and chewed up by the bag fee since a bag will need to be checked). WN fare same dates and times 175.

After last year's experience, I did not even try to teach the agents about not charging me the live agent fee. I just gave up and booked WN.

I wonder how many others have done the same?