Incorrect Non-Rev Ticketing Fees

FlyDCJets

Advanced
Mar 21, 2006
US News Now

March 11, 2008

Due to a system error in Shares, effective March 11, all non-revenue listings are incorrectly being assessed a passenger facility charge – a tax that our customers are charged but non-revs do not pay. Please be aware that non-rev employee travel is still free and the charges created by the error are inaccurate. Employee Travel Services is aware of this problem and has requested an expedited fix.

In the interim, if your travel needs are not immediate, please delay your listing until the problem has been fixed. If you must create a listing in the ETC, when completing your listing choose the option ‘Pay at the Airport’. If you are a QIK user, you may create your listing but do not create an e-ticket. You will not be able to check-in on the web or the kiosk while this bug persists. You will need to check in with an agent at the full-service ticket counter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working on getting it resolved quickly.

This message was sent to all US Airways employees.

Please post for those who don’t have access to company email.

US News Now

March 11, 2008

Due to a system error in Shares, effective March 11, all non-revenue listings are incorrectly being assessed a passenger facility charge – a tax that our customers are charged but non-revs do not pay. Please be aware that non-rev employee travel is still free and the charges created by the error are inaccurate. Employee Travel Services is aware of this problem and has requested an expedited fix.

In the interim, if your travel needs are not immediate, please delay your listing until the problem has been fixed. If you must create a listing in the ETC, when completing your listing choose the option ‘Pay at the Airport’. If you are a QIK user, you may create your listing but do not create an e-ticket. You will not be able to check-in on the web or the kiosk while this bug persists. You will need to check in with an agent at the full-service ticket counter.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working on getting it resolved quickly.

One more thing we shouldn't be surprised about.

US News Now

PROBLEM SOLVED: Incorrect Non-Rev Ticketing Fees

March 12, 2008

Yesterday afternoon we announced that a system error in Shares was causing non-revenue listings to be assessed a passenger facility charge when booking travel on the Employee Travel Center (ETC). We promised it would be fixed as soon as possible and it was shortly after sending out the notice! The bug has been fixed and non-revenue listings are no longer being incorrectly charged.

US News Now

PROBLEM SOLVED: Incorrect Non-Rev Ticketing Fees

March 12, 2008

Yesterday afternoon we announced that a system error in Shares was causing non-revenue listings to be assessed a passenger facility charge when booking travel on the Employee Travel Center (ETC). We promised it would be fixed as soon as possible and it was shortly after sending out the notice! The bug has been fixed and non-revenue listings are no longer being incorrectly charged.

Hallelujah...I was wondering why my DCA/SJO trip cost $80 more than last time I took PBI/SJO in PFCs and Taxes...

What's also plane ridiculous is you will pay approximately $56.50 in Taxes then pay another $26 hidden fee for Departure Tax from SJO at the airport...why can't US tack that on and save us the hassle and headache.

Hallelujah...I was wondering why my DCA/SJO trip cost $80 more than last time I took PBI/SJO in PFCs and Taxes...

What's also plane ridiculous is you will pay approximately $56.50 in Taxes then pay another $26 hidden fee for Departure Tax from SJO at the airport...why can't US tack that on and save us the hassle and headache.
The departure fee for some places is included in the ticket cost.

Yes but at SJO nope...you have to cough up another $26 bucks...

It all depends on the Country and the credibility and rules of said Country. I have never had this in Europe. One example....the Domican Republic (SDQ, LHR, PUJ). Personal opinion but its very corrupt....and yes experienced it first hand as I was there on business numerous times. Upon arrival you are required to purchase a visitors visa/license or whatever its called. Thats upon the taxes already paid. I forget the cost. Now, upon departure, as you board the a/c you better have 10 USD or you arent going anywhere. No other cash is accepted or credit cards. Good luck getting USD in that situation. Ive always wondered whose pocket that stack of ten dollar bills went into.

It all depends on the Country and the credibility and rules of said Country. I have never had this in Europe. One example....the Domican Republic (SDQ, LHR, PUJ). Personal opinion but its very corrupt....and yes experienced it first hand as I was there on business numerous times. Upon arrival you are required to purchase a visitors visa/license or whatever its called. Thats upon the taxes already paid. I forget the cost. Now, upon departure, as you board the a/c you better have 10 USD or you arent going anywhere. No other cash is accepted or credit cards. Good luck getting USD in that situation. Ive always wondered whose pocket that stack of ten dollar bills went into.

At SJO and I don't mean to divert this thread...you have to pay $26 before checking in...

One more thing we shouldn't be surprised about.
just another little chapter in the horror that is QIK/SHARES.....

Several "enhancements" are schedule for next month` Even if they end up working as advertised - and what are the chances of that -, QIK/SHARES will still have nowhere near the functionality of Sabre.

Among the odder reported glitches in the "QIX FIX" DRS page last week was how it showed that PIT-BRU (maybe it was another city Europe) was not served. But the funiest lately was when it had MGM in the wrong tiime zone for a few days.

just another little chapter in the horror that is QIK/SHARES.....

Several "enhancements" are schedule for next month` Even if they end up working as advertised - and what are the chances of that -, QIK/SHARES will still have nowhere near the functionality of Sabre.

Among the odder reported glitches in the "QIX FIX" DRS page last week was how it showed that PIT-BRU (maybe it was another city Europe) was not served. But the funiest lately was when it had MGM in the wrong tiime zone for a few days.
I thought that in May we were supposed to be able to clear specific standbys. That was May LAST YEAR. Any word on when that is gonna happen? I'm so Fing sick of reordering my standbylist.

I thought that in May we were supposed to be able to clear specific standbys. That was May LAST YEAR. Any word on when that is gonna happen? I'm so Fing sick of reordering my standbylist.

I am sure we will see "sometime the year". Isn't that what they keep saying about things like being able to check bags for a four segment trip? (CO SHARES, by the way. can do this)