Bankruptcy

Are you worried about BK?

• No, we have no control over it anyway

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
It seems that you and many others on the American Airlines thread are surprised when some, including me show little trust in anything the company and in many cases the TWU does?

No, I'm not surprised at all.

What I can't connect is that mistrust with a routine bankruptcy legal argument over an unpaid invoice for produce delivered to a hotel/conference center owned by AA.

Sure, Informer apparently suspected that someone in management was charging their produce to AA, as apparently the address on the invoices wasn't familiar to him.

I suspect there will be numerous similar disputes as AA seeks to not pay for things it believes it need not pay for. As employees with large potential claims yourselves, I would think you'd want AA to resist paying vendors if there's an argument that their invoices need not be paid. Money not paid to others means more money for you.

Is there any truth to the rumor that 7 pilots had taken their own lives over the bankruptcy and the loss of their pension?
No. That number would be zero. But if US doesn't buy AA in or out of BK, there's probably gonna be a few over at LCC! Not pilots, but board regulars! :D :D

You do know we haven't lost anything yet, right?

You do know that half of our pension is Defined Contribution, vs. defined benefit, right?

No, I'm not surprised at all.

What I can't connect is that mistrust with a routine bankruptcy legal argument over an unpaid invoice for produce delivered to a hotel/conference center owned by AA.

Sure, Informer apparently suspected that someone in management was charging their produce to AA, as apparently the address on the invoices wasn't familiar to him.

I suspect there will be numerous similar disputes as AA seeks to not pay for things it believes it need not pay for. As employees with large potential claims yourselves, I would think you'd want AA to resist paying vendors if there's an argument that their invoices need not be paid. Money not paid to others means more money for you.
You need to try to understand that there has been so much distrust brought on by the company and their Marionette. Your theory of money not spent, has never meant more money for the employees.