BED Bugs room 407 Radisson SJU

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazystnic

Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Gotten nailed with bed bug bites in room 407 of the SJU hotel.

I guess this is not the first time at this hotel..

called out sick...

careful out there.

737823 said:
It's mind boggling that as such staunch union workers you allow the company to push you guys around like this and stay at substandard hotels. Is it that your union really isn't that militant and powerful or the company doesn't want to invest in their employee accommodations or both? I've joined AA F/A (int'l) friends at their hotels and they have an awesome property for London. Same with sCO crews at UA I know, they have great properties in London, Tokyo and Tel Aviv that I know of and have been to. Why does US give you substandard accommodations?

Josh

737823 said:

Funny the UA hotel in TLV is on Ha-Yarkon Street which is "on the beach in the middle of the action".  So if the APA language is weak compared to your USAPA language, explain why they stay at upscale properties yet you are stuck in flea bag hotels without working air conditioning, and you yourself admit a number of the properties your company (with the support of your union) arranged for you to stay at.  As a business traveling professional I am afforded the autonomy (subject to travel policy) to select the property of my choice most convenient for my needs.  We also have the ability to stay at non-approved properties at our discretion provided there is a business need to do so. 

Josh

What a joke. The Ritz-Carlton in SJU is right near the airport, maybe you can go over there and send USAIR the bill on your corporate card.

Josh

PS in October 2011 I had an unsatisfactory experience at the Westin LAX, I pursued the hotel management, not on a public forum. 

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
not arguing that... just stating that bed bugs could be at the Ritz SJU as well.. do some reading.

and it's on a public forum to have other crew members that maybe staying in SJU a heads up

Reactions: 2 people
Where the crews stay on layover SHOULD NEVER be posted on the internet, not a smart idea posting the hotel

Reactions: 4 people
Crew hotels should not be disclosed

On another front is someone saying crews should only stay at 5 star hotels. I assume someone wants airfares to increase to pay for that cost. I know tons of people who have gotten bed bugs at 5 star hotels. Therefore this is not a union representation issue or bad management etc. posts like these make 100% of his others posts a complete joke as once again this is so over the top you have to ignore the logic in every post

Reactions: 3 people
While I tend to agree crew hotels should not be disclosed on a public web site, it's not like the hotels are a secret when the crews arrive and depart the hotels in uniform.

Reactions: 1 person
USFlyer said:
While I tend to agree crew hotels should not be disclosed on a public web site, it's not like the hotels are a secret when the crews arrive and depart the hotels in uniform.

I agree.  As a general rule, it's better to be more discrete than to just post hotel names.  However, if someone really wanted to find how where particular crews (or a particular crew member) was staying, it would not be difficult information to obtain.  Just stand at the airport curb and see which van the crew gets in.  Duh!  Rocket science, huh?

Contract vans make things only slightly more difficult.

Granted, it's not the company's fault for "an" incident involving varmints in the room at a layover hotel. But, when there have been multiple reports over a long period of time (several years) about a particular hotel, and the company continues to put crews there and only there in Reno, NV (actually, the hotel is in Sparks), then it is clear that the company does not care.

And, since in the bankruptcy screwing over the APA and the APFA both gave up the right to be consulted before layover hotels are selected, there is no longer any recourse at all.

The way things are going, pretty soon the company will have leeway to double us up in hotel rooms... Bedbugs for a room mate would be tame in comparison to another crew member. :D

Phoenix said:
The way things are going, pretty soon the company will have leeway to double us up in hotel rooms... 

Sounds like you have some inside information.  The new company person in charge of crew accommodations wants to do EXACTLY that....double rooms.  THAT is the new "labor friendly" attitude at AA which will transform the corporate culture.

nycbusdriver said:

Sounds like you have some inside information.  The new company person in charge of crew accommodations wants to do EXACTLY that....double rooms.  THAT is the new "labor friendly" attitude at AA which will transform the corporate culture.

Then explain why everyone has been pushing this stupid merger? Some of the sAA employees are starting to get remorseful, they are changing their sick time accruals among other things. I'm on the road nearly 100 nights a year and have yet to encounter bed bugs at a hotel but then again I'm afforded the autonomy to stay where I want and my employer is receptive to our feedback and concerns (without any unions).

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.