BED Bugs room 407 Radisson SJU

Status
Not open for further replies.
nycbusdriver said:
Sounds like you have some inside information.  The new company person in charge of crew accommodations wants to do EXACTLY that....double rooms.  THAT is the new "labor friendly" attitude at AA which will transform the corporate culture.
If the company ever succeeds at negotiating pilots to double up, there is no doubt it will be impossible for me to get an uninterrupted eight hour rest opportunity. Who could ever fall asleep with a hairy chested bald man snoring (or worse), less than an arm's length or two away?

The "uninterrupted" term is the most vital portion of 117, and pilots bettered be prepared to tell the truth on the "fit to fly signature" on ACARS.

My prior employer (a Fortune 500 company) required us to double up in hotel rooms when we traveled as a group.  If we wanted a single, we had to pay the other half out of pocket.  And, for major events, we weren't allowed to pick our roommates, as they thought it would encourage us to meet new people to share a hotel room.  ... It's one of the reasons I left.  :)

Phoenix said:
The "uninterrupted" term is the most vital portion of 117, and pilots bettered be prepared to tell the truth on the "fit to fly signature" on ACARS.

Sidebar: Do you not have to sign on the (paper) release itself as well?

Phoenix said:
If the company ever succeeds at negotiating pilots to double up, there is no doubt it will be impossible for me to get an uninterrupted eight hour rest opportunity. Who could ever fall asleep with a hairy chested bald man snoring (or worse), less than an arm's length or two away?

Whattayamean "If the company ever succeeds at negotiating pilots to double up..."? It is already in the contract, albeit for 'unanticipated room shortages'. 

disclosing a hotel is just fine if you can stop one issue of this.

Attachments

• rsz_bed_bugs_june_3_002.jpg
    rsz_bed_bugs_june_3_002.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 163
Ouch x 103. Did you feel them nibbling during the night? Was there any evidence of bug dung or dead bugs between the mattresses or behind the headboard?
Just askin' because I'd like to know where to look for these critters before I craw in for the 'petite morte'.
I think the company should spot you a week of sick time for this OJI......are they doing anything for you in that regard?

Didn't' feel a thing! I have been looking in the bed tables, under the mattress, behind the bed... But didn't on this overnight :(   long day tired.. no excuse.... it's important to do...

company has been helpful so far, nothing for free but hopefully OJI will cover the sick time.

PullUp said:
Whattayamean "If the company ever succeeds at negotiating pilots to double up..."? It is already in the contract, albeit for 'unanticipated room shortages'. 

Well I'll be bain dramaged... There is it in black and white... How come the Road Show didn't tell us about this little nugget??

Section 7. A. 3.  

[SIZE=11pt]"There may be certain unusual isolated situations of a temporary nature where single occupancy accommodations, as stipulated above, cannot be obtained at a daily rate of sixty-five dollars ($65) or less. Under such circumstances, double occupancy in a double room will be acceptable until single occupancy accommodations are again available at this rate."[/SIZE]

POTA is an unanticipated situation too....  Don't be doing no lying on the ACARS.  That's all I gots to say.  

"Don't worry about it", "The company will never use this clause..", sez the big kahunas in the APA.
.....apparently they don't know AWE top management and their style.
Yessir, pretty soon you'll be buyin' your own hotel room so you don't have to sleep with your flyin' partner and listen to him snore.
Could be pretty awkward with the opposite sex crewmember pairing too....
Cheers.

PS - I predict we'll have to give up crew meals to get this clause removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.