Been through the HIGHS and the LOWS with USAir

Ive heard so much about how US Air used to be. it wouldve been awesome if i was there during those times. now it seems everything has gone down s***. employees sacrificed ALOT!

this is all sort of new to me, ive only been with the company for 6 months, heard alot of things... :p

Lord knows I complain and rant on here, but I never feel unsafe on a US flight.

I feel very safe on US Airways flights, despite the outward appearance of the exteriors and interiors.

I have to admit, laughingly on reflection, I did feel nervous ONCE. A few years ago due to a move and change in travel requirements, I got a comp from top tier AA status over to US middle tier (and haven't looked back) and was on one of my first flights on US... It was a B737-400 out of CLT. We had a delay due to some issue with the flaps and they were running them through various settings at the gate. On take-off, we did what I call the "fuel economy" take-off on 18L... we were still rolling down the runway as we passed the cargo facilities and I gripped my armrest thinking bad thoughts about flaps and wondering why this B737 was using so much runway. But, we did creak into the air eventually.

I think that despite the hardships suffered by US employees, the vast majority still provide service on par with, if not better than, the other domestic carriers. The only issues I've had have been with one or two flight attendants and some ground personnel at PHL. Most work with what they have and do their best.

....Well that is ture, but that statement can not be made in comparison to US (scareways). In fact when they built Rome it was undeveloped land. USAir back in 2004-2005 was like the major city is serves, a real Sh!t hole (PHL)(and yes I live in Philly so I am allowed to say that).....Sorry for the rant.
Do you expect a sympathetic response from this boards employess after bashing not only their performance, but the safety of their airline?

You obviously hate US Airways, allude to concerns your flight won't make it to it's destination and you hate the city of Philadelphia. So why not move instead of spending all the effort you put into this "rant" - which in my opinion has questionable credibility. If you really do have CP, get a comp with another airline and move on.

Do you really mean that, or are you just making a statement to elicit a certain response?
OK, I admit, that comment was harsh and totaly uncalled for. I apologize if I offended anyone. To be completly honest, 99.9% of the pilots have been friendly, polite and seems like safety if prioroty #1 as it should be.

Again, that comment was uncalled for on my part.

I am a control freak and on a plane I am not in control. My destiny is in someone elses hands.

Do you expect a sympathetic response from this boards employess after bashing not only their performance, but the safety of their airline?

You obviously hate US Airways, allude to concerns your flight won't make it to it's destination and you hate the city of Philadelphia. So why not move instead of spending all the effort you put into this "rant" - which in my opinion has questionable credibility. If you really do have CP, get a comp with another airline and move on.

Moving is not an option as I have kids in school and can not uproot them.
I do not hate US Airways, in fact
Going back up to the top of my rant, I think UsAir is making good progress, but they are in the demolition stages and are well away from undeveloped land to complete a rebuild.
I stated they are making good progress. If you noticed I did not say anything negative about CLT, CMH, CLE, ORD, BNA, SDF, DEN or any other cities US flies to. I get the utmost respect from these employees. I also should have mentioned the CP prefered line, those folks are great too.

Am I CP? Your damn right I am.

BTW, hows is my credability questionable? Please give me an example.

More money doesn't always equal better service. The unions would like to make you think so. Its too bad that these boards tend to focus on the negative side of things, but please remember for every negative employee who is down on the company that gives them a paycheck...there are 50 others that are appreciative, love their work, are willing to make it the best they can, and appreciate the customer. Hang in there.

You must work as one of the groups that is getting a three percent raise, while those of us that qualify for food stamps have to have a cost neutral contract. bu11shit!

Latest posts