CONSULTANTS OR STATION DIRECTORS COMAPANY BLOWING UP YOUR PANTS

phlagent

Nov 22, 2003
:down: Listen, this comapny is full of hot air to say it with a clean mouth, but all of you CSA's out there know what this
company needs to fix problems and the bad reputation it has
the old usair was not this bad, this stupity is way above
the old usair leage there's dum and dummer in charge....
an agent spoke to i believe of of the directors that came to phl, and she asked them what would they do to fix the
problem. 1...get rid of this stupid out dated computer, had to place party of 4 on the standyby list and guess what
it told me that it could not be done I have to divide the record, then i had to re sinc all 4 pnrs ...what a waste of
time, sabre 1 to 2 min tops this took at least 5 to 10 min
no wonder our on time stinks.

Well the answer the agt received from the director was
that is not going to happen. so stop wasting my time
and bringing some outsiders to figure out the answers
when you will not even listen to the employee that works
this outdated system everyda...and guess what Mr no it all
in tempe, the passengers are noticing it too. what a lame
duck airline this is..you are the laughing stock of the industry...Tempe get your head out of the sand...get ride of your worthless managers and computer system and becoming a real respectable airline. If you don't know
what respect means work a flt with one of us we'll show you.

And another thing your comment about senior agents you don't need them ( you think I forgot when you quoted to
CNN about not needing your senior agents and also the
phila newespaper. I have a challenge take your senior
agents and have them be on vacation all together and have your junior agents work, see what happens you won't have any customer to pay all of you behind the no it alls, this place would fall apart, Mr. Parker that comment will come
back to haunt you).....I feel real bad for these poor
customers that save up all year to go on vacation
and this company reuins their plans, totaly disgusting.

I bet when you buy something you want at time of purchase
don't you well its the same for these customers.
just pure common sense which noone in tempe seems to have
or does not give a darn, my conclusion you don't give a darn................. :down: :down: :down:

Go get Em....here here..pip pip and cherio's :up: :up: :up:

Sounds like they dont want to fix it. :down: :down: :down:

Many of the points made by the OP are right on target. There is no number of directors, managers, or consultants, who can fix PHL or anything else at US Airways if..

1. they don't listen to the people who know,
2. they can't manage change-which like it or not will be necessary
3. they can't establish a WORKING relationship with the unions and labor leadership
4. they can't listen to the customers as well

The biggest and most costly mistake, in my opinion, was letting so many of the talented senior folks take the buyout. The cost of letting so much talent walk out the door cannot be accurately calculated. Much of the mess which exists throughout the system today could have been mitigated if some of these wonderful people had not left. You can't replace experience.

That said, while we have little faith that it can be done, there is a small glimmer of hope out there. PHL infrastructure is what it is--they can't change runway configurations for years, and of course, ATC is ATC. BUT they could make schedule and workrule changes which could make it run a little better.

For example--what happened to the idea of keeping crews and airplanes together for a whole day? What happened to the rolling hub concept?

While some may think the intrinsic costs of ideas like this are higher, I would bet the problems they could solve would save much more.

It is as much a cultural issue as it is a physical/work issue, and the first thing that has to happen is that BOTH sides need to start listening to each other. Yes there will be some change needed on both sides, but it is not impossible.

The fact is SHARES is not going away. I had a long talk the other day with someone in Tempe and it just isn't happening. They are looking at ways to make it work better (which should have been done BEFORE rollout), but it just is what it is.

Now I realize that it may all be moot for one reason or another, but there has to be SOMEONE who wants to make it work. I can hope.....

Although I am for now unable to fly US due to the state of the operation, I do remain a big fan of you front liners, and I am continuing the fight to help fix this place to the extent that I (and FFOCUS) can.

On a personal note, PHLAGENT, please give my best regards to all my friends in PHL, especially the club ladies, and please let them know I do miss you all very much...I hope to be able to come back one day when I can count on US to get me where I need to be reliably.

My best to you all....

The single underlying problem with the entire operation can be traced back to one decision, that being the choice of Shares. It is without peer in being the absolute worst res system in the history of aviation. Tempe is delusional if they really think things are getting better , they are not.. I wonder what it will take to have them see that. If it really was as good as they seem to think wouldn't more than a handfull of airlines be using it? When it has cost us so much business and continually causes problems , where do you finally draw the line? BK #3? The sandcastle tells us every month our numbers are better than the month before , maybe true but 1 or 2 points , but we are still number 10 and ot arrivals avg about 67%. This 4 full months after this wonder system was inflicted upon us. Is anyone in Tempe paying a price for their incompetence? I can assure you that the front line pays a steep price everyday for this continued stupidity ,thanks to Tempe and Shares. If something isn't done soon ( and I don't mean Shares "updates and enhancements") we won't need to worry about future business because we won't be around . Tempe wakeup and get this operation straightened out , get rid of shares now and put in a system that actually works , because shares isn't it and never will be. How do you spell FAILURE ? SHARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring back SABRE before it is too late to save this operation.

I agree with crusher that the choice of Shares is the worst thing that could've happened & it does need to be put to bed while we still have a chance.
And to my good friend Art, many more of us are just praying for a buy out since it just gets worse for employees as the days go by. And to Art my thanks for all you have done & are trying to do for the employees.

Many of the points made by the OP are right on target. There is no number of directors, managers, or consultants, who can fix PHL or anything else at US Airways if..

1. they don't listen to the people who know,
2. they can't manage change-which like it or not will be necessary
3. they can't establish a WORKING relationship with the unions and labor leadership
4. they can't listen to the customers as well

The biggest and most costly mistake, in my opinion, was letting so many of the talented senior folks take the buyout. The cost of letting so much talent walk out the door cannot be accurately calculated. Much of the mess which exists throughout the system today could have been mitigated if some of these wonderful people had not left. You can't replace experience.

That said, while we have little faith that it can be done, there is a small glimmer of hope out there. PHL infrastructure is what it is--they can't change runway configurations for years, and of course, ATC is ATC. BUT they could make schedule and workrule changes which could make it run a little better.

For example--what happened to the idea of keeping crews and airplanes together for a whole day? What happened to the rolling hub concept?

While some may think the intrinsic costs of ideas like this are higher, I would bet the problems they could solve would save much more.

It is as much a cultural issue as it is a physical/work issue, and the first thing that has to happen is that BOTH sides need to start listening to each other. Yes there will be some change needed on both sides, but it is not impossible.

The fact is SHARES is not going away. I had a long talk the other day with someone in Tempe and it just isn't happening. They are looking at ways to make it work better (which should have been done BEFORE rollout), but it just is what it is.

Now I realize that it may all be moot for one reason or another, but there has to be SOMEONE who wants to make it work. I can hope.....

Although I am for now unable to fly US due to the state of the operation, I do remain a big fan of you front liners, and I am continuing the fight to help fix this place to the extent that I (and FFOCUS) can.

On a personal note, PHLAGENT, please give my best regards to all my friends in PHL, especially the club ladies, and please let them know I do miss you all very much...I hope to be able to come back one day when I can count on US to get me where I need to be reliably.

My best to you all....

Art:

I have read your posts many times and if I were still an employee, I would thank you for supporting the company. The Parker Upper Management are Masters in Delusion and Alienation, all for the sake of the almighty buck.

Operationally US Airways has tanked. Worst of the Worst. The question is are they really interested in fixing it. Consultants aren't needed when your front line people are telling you what is wrong. It's not a mystery.

A baker doesn't need a consultant to find out why his dough is not rising, nor a mason to know why his mortar isn't setting.

What this company needs are "Airline People" at the top who know how to run an airline. In this business it's all about "Planning and Anticipating". It s not about "Waiting and Reacting".

The employees need - tools, a fair wage, decent working conditions and competetent "airline managers".

If the Parker bunch really cared about this airline, they would step down and hand the reigns to another group.

Then maybe the likes of you and other loyal frequent flyers would come back. If Parker and his group can't see the value in losing a group like yours, then he has no vision.

They are blinded by the mirage shares has created in the desert. They think they see something that really isn't there , namely a functioning operation and res system. It is all an illusion and /or delusion. A buyout by almost anyone that would replace the Tempe clowns would be welcomed all around ,but especially in the east where we have had nothing but operational carnage since res migration. What would happen if all east agents called off for a day or two. Might that get their attention?

Management should read this book.....
"How - Why How We Do Anything Means Everything in Business (and in Life)....

The author is Dov Seidman....saw him on Charlie Rose last week and listening to him made me realize how much I would like to work for a good management team in a successful company. One of his stories concerned the CEO of Marriott Hotels....Mr Marriott himself.
The gentlemen used to conduct his hotel checks in person 50 weeks a year...out on the road.
Last year at age 75 he started his own BLOG.
Yes ...he really wants to hear from his employees and his customers!!!!
It is just so impressive. We have the atmosphere of FEAR and MISTRUST.
Tempe....claims to listen....oh yeah...they
listen. And then do NOTHING.
I am so tired of SPIN.....LIES....and no accountability at the top.

At least Rakesh and Wolf understood the concept of employees having the tools to do their job. In todays HI TECH world....why would you scrap a system that was efficient and replace it with a system that is SLOW and unreliable. I cannot tell you how many times a day....it just locks up .....busy busy...busy. It makes working here a living hell. And we are not just whining....we
see first hand how our DOT ratings are at an
all time low.....

Good luck to all of us...and try to have a good day inspite of all the frustation and despair....!!!

The company needs to make an investment in it's future , but they have chosen to do the opposite , by investing in old , failed technology (shares) which is a proven failure they have taken the company down into the 7th level of operational hell. If they are not willing to make decisions to lead us forward they should be replaced by those who will. I would rather have Wolf and Gangwal back running this company than the present gang of thieves and fools. At least they gave us something to strive for and the tools necessary to achieve those goals. Tempe gives us garbage instead.

an agent spoke to i believe of of the directors that came to phl, and she asked them what would they do to fix the
problem. 1...get rid of this stupid out dated computer, had to place party of 4 on the standyby list and guess what
it told me that it could not be done I have to divide the record, then i had to re sinc all 4 pnrs ...what a waste of
time, sabre 1 to 2 min tops this took at least 5 to 10 min
no wonder our on time stinks.

Well the answer the agt received from the director was
that is not going to happen. so stop wasting my time
a

A regional director (who is one of the people deployed to PHL) was recently asked if front end users could at least have the option to use native SHARES (like CO's people have) instead having to use the QIK "gooey" overlay. The answer was that this was not even being considered.

While not as good as Sabre, native SHARES (at least CO's version) is not that bad of system. Most CO agents use native instead of CO's "gooey" application; some use the GUI. But CO gives their people a choice. Then again, CO has greater respect for both its staff and its customers than does the Sand Castle.

Does anyone really expect Tempe to listen to employees or customers. Or the consultants? I agree more and more with those who maintain that as long as the planes are full and money is rolling in, Mssrs Parker and Kirby and their ilk will care little about what employees and customers think.

Back