Benefit For Marine Corporal Jonathan Porto KIA in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

skygirl

Feb 15, 2003
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
Story

This young Marine was KIA in Afghanistan and never saw his baby daughter. St Pete's H.O.T. is sponsoring this event. The thing is his wife and daughter live near CLT and his parents live near BWI. We need 3 roundtrip tickets in order to get them all to the benefit. I contacted USAirways but was turned down maybe Southwest can help with the BWI to TPA. Do we have any generous frequent fliers or employees with extra buddy passes out there that would consider donating miles for this cause.

St. Pete's H.O.T. (Helping Our Troops) will be doing a memorial day fundraiser in honor of Marine CPL Jonathan Porto. CPL Porto was originally from Largo, FL & was KIA 3/14/2010 in Afghanistan. He leaves behind a 23 year old wife Rachel & 2 month old daughter Ariana Porto. ALL proceeds will be put in a fund for his daughter.

The event will be Sat May 29th from 6-9 @ Paddy Burkes in Downtown St. Pete (corner of 1st avenue S & 4th street S). There will be a live band, drink specials, promotions & a raffle. We are currently in need of items to raffle off to raise money for this cause. (pieces of art, pottery, memberships, sports tickets,etc.) We would accept and appreciate anything local businesses can donate. We are a 501© 3 so the donation is tax deductible.

We can't do this without the communities help. Its a small request for someone who has sacrificed so much on our behalf. If you have any services/items that you would like to donate to this event, please let me know. I will gladly come to you to pick up your donation(s).

I look forward to hearing from you & seeing you at the event! Spread the word

T. Lynn Hawkins
President
St. Pete's H.O.T. (Helping Our Troops)
"Saluting Our Military and Veterans"
www.myspace.com/stpeteshot
727-452-6791

Status
Not open for further replies.