Bidders For Us Airways In Short Supply

Haven't we heard from this lady before? Did she put in a bid another time too?

Am I reading this bit right?

"Freeman said her team wanted to keep the airline intact, eliminating the outsourcing of all customer service and maintenance positions while finding ways to trim costs without "sacrificing basic jobs." She also intends to file a motion with the bankruptcy judge seeking to block the sale of any US Airways assets."

She wants to stop outsourcing? Wow! Maybe she wouldn't be eager to outsource all of the flying to fee per departure agreements then...

Imagine if JetBlue put in a higher bid for the 170 division, employees and all. The MAA people would get a raise and better working conditions, and B6 would get some terrific employees who are some of the only in the world with experience on the EMBs.

Light Years said:
[post="279243"][/post]​

Correct, LY. Judging by what she's quoted as saying (much the same as last time), this will amount to no more than before - nothing.

Jim

This does appear to be similar to the TWA-AA deal. I only wish I could of been part of the deal but I am having a great time off and have a job interview with the government in my local area thursday morning.

robbedagain said:
have a job interview with the government in my local area thursday morning.
[post="279303"][/post]​

I won't say good luck - you won't need it. Just hope they realize it'll be their loss if they don't offer you a position....

Jim

thanks for your "good luck!" anyways, does this sound something like the way aa brought twa back in 2000 or 2001? i forget which one.

Seems like Ms. Freeman just won't give up......

Her latest filing (sorry about the capitals but that's the way she filed it):

NOW COMES THE MOVANT, FREEMAN ENTERPRISES TO SEEKING A TEMPORARY INJUNCTION BLOCKING THE SALE OF ANY ASSETS OF USAIRWAYS GROUP, USAIRLINES AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES TO SELL, DISPOSE, REMOVE, TRANSFER ANY OF THE ASSETS UNTIL THE BANKRUPTCY COURT RENDERS A DECISION ABOUT THE SALE OR REORGANIZATION PLAN OF USAIRWAYS GROUP, INC.

THE MOVANT SEEKS THE EARLIEST HEARING DATE PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT, ALEXANDRIA DIVISION.

THE MOVANT, FREEMAN ENTERPRISES PRAYS FOR THE RELIEF SOUGHT AND WHATEVER RELIEF THE COURT MAY DEEM JUST AND PROPER.

SIGNED: MS.SALLIJO A. FREEMAN

BoeingBoy said:
Seems like Ms. Freeman just won't give up......

Her latest filing (sorry about the capitals but that's the way she filed it):

NOW COMES THE MOVANT, FREEMAN ENTERPRISES TO SEEKING A TEMPORARY INJUNCTION BLOCKING THE SALE OF ANY ASSETS OF USAIRWAYS GROUP, USAIRLINES AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES TO SELL, DISPOSE, REMOVE, TRANSFER ANY OF THE ASSETS UNTIL THE BANKRUPTCY COURT RENDERS A DECISION ABOUT THE SALE OR REORGANIZATION PLAN OF USAIRWAYS GROUP, INC.

THE MOVANT SEEKS THE EARLIEST HEARING DATE PURSUANT TO THE RULES OF THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT, ALEXANDRIA DIVISION.

THE MOVANT, FREEMAN ENTERPRISES PRAYS FOR THE RELIEF SOUGHT AND WHATEVER RELIEF THE COURT MAY DEEM JUST AND PROPER.

SIGNED: MS.SALLIJO A. FREEMAN
[post="280310"][/post]​

Seems like she is quite slow to show her cards. Maybe it is just a delay tatic to stall the merger. :blink:

Light Years said:

Am I reading this bit right?

"Freeman said her team wanted to keep the airline intact, eliminating the outsourcing of all customer service and maintenance positions while finding ways to trim costs without "sacrificing basic jobs." She also intends to file a motion with the bankruptcy judge seeking to block the sale of any US Airways assets."

She wants to stop outsourcing? Wow! Maybe she wouldn't be eager to outsource all of the flying to fee per departure agreements then...

Imagine if JetBlue put in a higher bid for the 170 division, employees and all. The MAA people would get a raise and better working conditions, and B6 would get some terrific employees who are some of the only in the world with experience on the EMBs.
[post="279243"][/post]​

Light Years,

JB already has us. It's refreshing to work for competent mangment that puts their crew members first. The E190 launch will be "light years" ahead of the launch of the 170 at MAA. I can tell you that my knowledge, skills, and abilities were welcomed with open arms here at JB.

4LOWED

Latest posts