Boeing 787 Dreamliner troubles build

I beleive that's what I have been saying the entire time.
Agreed, you have. In this case, the aircraft will be certified to resume flying while many more ground test are being conducted. This case is unlike any other that I have witness in decades. I think we can both agree with that.

Looks like another 787 has caught fire. This time at Heathrow. Airplane was parked with nobody onboard.

Don't worry. Knotbuyinit will assure us that this is just a minor and common every day occurrence, and that the uninformed public and media are making entirely too much of the fact that there are now at least two occurrences of unoccupied 787s spontaneously bursting into flames. No biggie. Here's the link anyway.

http://finance.yahoo...-163353504.html

I am surprised someone (media) has not mentioned a possible terroristic act. I did see that LHR closed during the incident.

An empty aircraft sitting on the remote, most likely after being cleaned and the crew rest area (saw that elsewhere, cannot confirm if that is a crew rest area on this aircraft) catches on fire?

Don't worry. Knotbuyinit will assure us that this is just a minor and common every day occurrence, and that the uninformed public and media are making entirely too much of the fact that there are now at least two occurrences of unoccupied 787s spontaneously bursting into flames. No biggie. Here's the link anyway.

http://finance.yahoo...-163353504.html
Bursting into flames? Where did you get that gem, Jim? Go ahead, tell us what happened since you have all the facts.

Reactions: 2 people
I am surprised someone (media) has not mentioned a possible terroristic act. I did see that LHR closed during the incident.

An empty aircraft sitting on the remote, most likely after being cleaned and the crew rest area (saw that elsewhere, cannot confirm if that is a crew rest area on this aircraft) catches on fire?
Glen, you are correct, the cabin crew rest area is located just forward and above the aft galley with an access ladder adjacent to the 4L entry door. That is where the fire appears to have originated (or in Jim's words, burst into flames). The only lithium batteries located there would be for vibrator use (wink wink).

Reactions: 1 person
Glen, you are correct, the cabin crew rest area is located just forward and above the aft galley with an access ladder adjacent to the 4L entry door. That is where the fire appears to have originated (or in Jim's words, burst into flames). The only lithium batteries located there would be for vibrator use (wink wink).
I was thinking hooka pipes, but your never know... :p

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/honeywell-joins-ethiopian-787-investigation-defends-elt-safety-record-388302/

They are looking at the ELT battery as a possibility. The ELT is located in the area.

It would be a terrorist act if it was fully loaded.

Dude, you're scaring me......

tinfoil_6.jpg