BOS-LGA Shuttle returns to mainline, DFW-LAX returns

yes, you did. you keep trying to make a point about DL operating the Shuttle as DCI but sure don't want to hear that DL added over 5% more mainline capacity while shrinking DCI by the same percentage.

it is absolutely relevant.

or your or anyone else's statement about DCI on the Shuttle means nothing.

you never have been one to want to look at the big picture because it is far more interesting to nitpick from a few datapoints

WorldTraveler said:
yes, you did. you keep trying to make a point about DL operating the Shuttle as DCI but sure don't want to hear that DL added over 5% more mainline capacity while shrinking DCI by the same percentage.

it is absolutely relevant.

or your or anyone else's statement about DCI on the Shuttle means nothing.

you never have been one to want to look at the big picture because it is far more interesting to nitpick from a few datapoints
WT we are talking about the shuttle. So yes, when talking about the shuttle I try to stick to that topic. Delta added mainline capacity. Thats great. Glad to see it. 

Nothing to do with this conversation on the shuttle but great completely off topic news.

You on the other hand have to post SOMETHING in order to make Delta, in your mind, look better. The fact that you can't stay on topic is nothing but your own fault. What is worse is you started the thread...........

Reactions: 5 people
so DL adds mainline capacity in a different market but you want to ignore it so you can harp on your narrow little datapoint that isn't the least bit reflective of the larger reality?

I post what is the fact.

You are the one who doesn't want to see the facts so you can hammer away at your personal agenda which isn't based on reality.

Just answer the question as to which other legacy carrier is coming anywhere close to adding as much mainline capacity while withdrawing regional carrier capacity as DL is doing.

anytime this week would be fine to answer.

WorldTraveler said:
so DL adds mainline capacity in a different market but you want to ignore it so you can harp on your narrow little datapoint that isn't the least bit reflective of the larger reality?

I post what is the fact.

You are the one who doesn't want to see the facts so you can hammer away at your personal agenda which isn't based on reality.

Just answer the question as to which other legacy carrier is coming anywhere close to adding as much mainline capacity while withdrawing regional carrier capacity as DL is doing.

anytime this week would be fine to answer.
Delta is. 

now can you tell us what any of that crap has to do with the Shuttle or LAX-DFW? 

Reactions: 3 people
If DL does go with the 717 for the BOS-LGA shuttle  will they have the capabilities similar to the 727 using the stairs under the tail and the jetway   or does it have the air stairs

I don't believe even if DL could deplane thru the tail, they would do it. the 717 is just not that big of an airplane and there are obviously operational risks and extra staffing required to allow passsengers onto the ramp.

I believe that practice ended a long time ago... and the M80 has operated on the Shuttle since the 727s were retired and they have rear stairs.

I both worked and flew the Shuttle using 727s and rear stair deplaning was liked by passengers.

there are still countries that board and deplane by airstairs - even on 320s/737s - using the rear door so the conept isn't totally lost.

robbedagain said:
If DL does go with the 717 for the BOS-LGA shuttle  will they have the capabilities similar to the 727 using the stairs under the tail and the jetway   or does it have the air stairs

No air stairs on the B717...

thanks     our Airbus in DC I believe utilitizes 2 airstair trucks and board and deplane   according to some of the dca folks who came to our city recently   Does DL use Airbus at all on any leg of the shuttle service or is it all RJs

The Shuttle has been on the Ejets for several years. The A319 I believe was on it for a short period of time, but I am not certain.

Again, the reason for the smaller airplane for DL is because DL operated the Shuttle as a standalone operation. US has had connections at DCA for years and still has them.

US had some connections at LGA and BOS but there are fewer connections on the US Shuttle except for at DCA.

So, BOS-LGA for DL is now 717s at Terminal C (LGA) while LGA-DCA and LGA-ORD - which DL treats like the Shuttle - is at the MAT on the E175s and operating on a point to point basis.

Do you mean customers walking across the ramp to the terminal?  I thought that was a no-no for people without SIDA badges since 9/11.  I know that TSA takes real exception to people being on the tarmac at DFW without their Security IDs clearly displayed.  I know a flight attendant who decided to go down and smoke a cigarette.  She did not have a SIDA badge.  When we tried to warn her she insisted that the SIDA badge requirement did not apply to working crewmembers.  It does.

robbed can tell us if US allows it on the Shuttle at DCA but DL has not done it for years... not sure if it ended on 9/11 but the aircraft types don't lend itself to it.

obviously there are employees required to coral the passengers if it is even allowed - and I'm not sure if it is even permitted anymore.

if US still does it at DCA< then it clearly can be done

WorldTraveler said:
US may have called it mainline but it is simply a slightly longer version of the same plane that DL has been using and flown by mainline crews.and the reason why US has been able to use a larger aircraft is because the US Shuttle allowed connections years ago... problem is that US has virtually no non-hub flights from LGA or BOS anymore so connecting doesn't do anything for the BOS-LGA let.US does have a hub at DCA so they can carry connections there but LGA has plenty of nonstops in most markets that US has from DCA.And even though AA has some non-hub flights from LGA, they are largely south of LGA and the big hangup for AA/US is that AA and US are in separate terminals at LGA - which is precisely why DL is not likely to give up the MAT until it is apparent how the LGA gate situation shakes out. Given that DL holds the key to freeing up any excess gates at LGA, DL isn't likely to move anything if it can keep AA and US separate.the BOS leg was stronger going back to Pan Am and had to do with the slots they had. now that isn't an issue but DL still retains the BOS-LGA lead... and on that leg Amtrak is less competitive and the BOS market is more business (more wealthy) and less gov't focused
Wrong US has a good number of non-hub markets from BOS like ROC, MDT, PIT, SYR just to name a few.

Josh

that is true but US connects virtually nothing northbound at LGA or BOS from their Shuttle.

We are discussing the omnidirectional hub

The thread is BOS LGA shuttle and how DL is flooding the market with capacity to catch up with AA

No, no one said anything about Omni-directional hub.

Nor does AA or even US have the dominance on the LGA Shuttles

Latest posts