Breaking RJ News

How full were/are the Boeings?

Big fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bite'em.
Little fleas have lesser fleas, and on, ad infinitum.

Actually, PSA doesn't fly PHL-BNA, mainline still does it with a 737. We do fly DCA-BNA, but not for long. Thanks to MESA, they will be replacing most of our flying out of DCA as we park 6 Dorniers starting in July.

propjok.........................I don't have a job. probably never will!! I left aviation. stop crying and seize the moment. we all are tired of your diatribe.

Mesa Air Group owns Mesa, Air Midwest, the ghost of CCair, and now Freedom. Freedom was originaly created to get around U scope restrictions that prevented Mesa Airlines from flying 70 seat jets for HP, but it evolved into an entity that MAG used as leverage aginst the Mesa Airlines pilots.

Wexford Holdings created and owns the Republic Airways subsidiary. CHQ and Republic Airlines would be siblings under the Republic Airways parent, as Mesa, Air Midwest and Freedom are siblings under MAG.

if you left aviation and you said that you wont be coming back then i am not even going to waste my time. have a nice life.

"How do you figure? Chautauqua is the subsidiary of Republic Airways now. This would tend to be the exact opposite of what is going on with Mesa (parent) and Freedom (subsidiary)."

Look, there are lots of distastefull things going on in the airline world right now. MDA is going to kill the WO's which would make it an alter-ego which is bad for those unionized pilots. MetroJet was an alter-ego which was bad for the U pilots who flew there as it was for lesser pay and lesser work rules thus not desirable for unionized pilots. Republic will result in a furlough at CHQ, obviously not good for those unionized pilots. Freedom while not taking planes away from Mesa Airlines is growing at a time when Mesa is not and thus not good for those unionized pilots. Mesa, CHQ, and TransStates are NOW flying routes previously operated by mainline aircraft while mainline pilots are on the street and obviously that is bad for a unionized group.

What fries my bacon is the hypocracy with which one is judged to be OK and others not judged to be so! What makes Republic better than Freedom? What makes MDA OK when the mainline pilots are going to directly replace ALL of the WO pilots with furloughed members of their own pilot group?

I guess it depends on who you ask, but I still say that the house union chapter's job is to protect its own house first and foremost! Get the furloughed mainline pilots working ASAP, then make sure the WO pilots don't get left out in the cold. If the mainline guys are going to fly the MDA seats, then let the WO pilots have J4J at the contract carriers when they are replaced by their more worthy (*jk*)mainlin brothers.... Good grief! How hard can it be to do the right thing unless you are factoring in the "whats in it for me" equation which we are seeing currently.

Mesa Air Group is the same thing as Wexoford Management. Mesa Airlines, AirMidwest Airlines, CCAir Airlines, and Freedom Airlines are owned by Mesa Air Group.

The facts.

Freedom was started due to LOA #79 of the USAirways pilots working agreement which stated: No carrier which operates in code or contract with USAirways may in ANY LIVERY, operate an aircraft with greater than 50 seats or a max gross take off weight more than 60,000 lb. Freedom is non-union and separate as prior to their partnering up with the Mesa Airlines MEC, the U MEC was going to file a grievance against Mesa Air Group for the operation of larger than 50 seat and 60,000 lb. aircraft under the same contract as the Mesa pilots who in both code and contract operate as U-Express. ONCE AGAIN..........FREEDOM AIRLINES WAS CREATED BY THE U MEC!!!!

That loud enough for the cheap seats??

Unlike Republic Airlines, Freedom was created and had operated its first revenue flight long before the Mesa MEC declined to participate in the J4J program until their contract issues were ironed out. It just so happens that Freedom is now in a position to offer J4J and in better form than any of the other affiliates. I will paste below the exact press release with which it was offered to the U MEC, U Mgmnt, and also ALPA National.

"FREEDOM AIRLINES PILOTS CONSENT TO ‘JETS FOR JOBS’"

PHOENIX-December 20, 2002—Mesa Air Group (NASDAQ-MESA) today announced that the pilots at its subsidiary, Freedom Airlines, have unanimously consented to accept the US Airways ‘jets for jobs’ program. The agreement would allow Freedom to operate regional jets in the US Airways Express system under a revenue guarantee agreement with the airline.

In an open letter to the chairman of the US Airways pilots union, the Freedom pilots stated “Freedom Airlines and its pilots recognize the sacrifices of the US Airways pilots for US Airways furloughed pilots. We currently have opportunities and growth that will provide hundreds of pilot jobs for US Airways furloughed pilots.â€

Under the ‘jets for jobs’ agreement previously reached between US Airways and its pilots, 50% of new regional jet jobs must be offered to furloughed US Airways pilots. In return, the US Airways pilots agreed to amend their contract to allow a substantial increase in the number of regional jets which can be operated by the US Airways Express carriers.

Freedom Airlines currently operates 64-seat CRJ-700 as America West Express and will be begin operating 80-seat CRJ-900 aircraft in the spring of 2002.

“We are pleased to be able to offer job opportunities to the furloughed pilots at US Airways and at the same time create additional opportunities for our people at Freedom,†said Michael Ferverda, President of Freedom. “In addition, we are excited about contributing to the restructuring of US Airways. This is clearly a situation where all the parties involved come out ahead, and we are anxious to move forward.â€

“We cordially invite the US Airways pilots and their union representatives to meet with Freedom Airlines pilot management to expedite the placement of your furloughed pilots into the ****pits of our airplanes.â€

Freedom currently has firm aircraft orders for 34 CRJ-700 and -900 aircraft. Mesa Airlines, Freedom’s sister company, has an agreement with US Airways for 70 additional regional jets. It is expected that these aircraft will create more than 1000 new pilot jobs.

Check the facts, ask an MEC or LEC member, they work for You!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/16/2003 9:04:30 PM propjok wrote:

but then again what was i thinking. i forgot i was talking to a u mainline pilot.
----------------
[/blockquote]

And you would give your left nut to be a mainline pilot. We have been losing our flying to the regionals for years. You bet we are going to fight for what was taken. We should get all the RJ flying period and you and alike should stick to the props. I wont fly your props you dont fly our jets. In fact , I think all wholly owned and subs pilots should refuse to fly any RJ because they are taking jobs away from ML pilots. Kind of like you would be SCABS by flying them. You want to stick together? come on guys where is your support? You would fly a A330 if you could steal them from us. All this BS about ML pilots, heck we have 1800 pilots on the street because our jobs are being outsorced by the lowest bidder. Now, Mesa pilots are crying because it is happening to them. This whole industry is going down the tubes because of class envy BS. CMR is doing to DAL, our group of replacement pilots are doing to us. And you have the nerve to complain about the mean ole ML pilot.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]
[P][/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/17/2003 4:53:53 PM retread wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/16/2003 9:04:30 PM propjok wrote: [BR][BR]but then again what was i thinking. i forgot i was talking to a u mainline pilot. [BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]And you would give your left nut to be a mainline pilot. We have been losing our flying to the regionals for years. You bet we are going to fight for what was taken. We should get all the RJ flying period and you and alike should stick to the props. I wont fly your props you dont fly our jets. In fact , I think all wholly owned and subs pilots should refuse to fly any RJ because they are taking jobs away from ML pilots. Kind of like you would be SCABS by flying them. You want to stick together? come on guys where is your support? You would fly a A330 if you could steal them from us. All this BS about ML pilots, heck we have 1800 pilots on the street because our jobs are being outsorced by the lowest bidder. Now, Mesa pilots are crying because it is happening to them. This whole industry is going down the tubes because of class envy BS. CMR is doing to DAL, our group of replacement pilots are doing to us. And you have the nerve to complain about the mean ole ML pilot.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]And you would give your left nut to be a mainline pilot[BR][BR][STRONG]I beg to differ. Some of us are happy where we are. Sounds a little conceited to me.[BR][BR][/STRONG]We should get all the RJ flying period and you and alike should stick to the props. I wont fly your props you dont fly our jets.[BR][BR][STRONG]Whoa big fella. Now who has "class envy" here? Give me a break. Like I have a choice as to what airplane I fly. And you think I'm "not worthy" to fly this RJ or large/medium/small SJ or whatever you guys are calling it this week.[BR][BR][/STRONG]In fact , I think all wholly owned and subs pilots should refuse to fly any RJ because they are taking jobs away from ML pilots.[BR][BR][STRONG]Yeah, I'm going to refuse to fly this airplane, put my family in jeopardy, feed my 3 kids scraps from the garbage and live in a cardboard box, all because U management decided to place airplanes where you don't want them. [BR][BR][/STRONG]Kind of like you would be SCABS by flying them. [BR][BR][STRONG]Please knock of the "SCAB" talk. That is extremely offensive to me and to the profession. I don't see anyone crossing any picket lines.[BR][BR][/STRONG]We have been losing our flying to the regionals for years. You bet we are going to fight for what was taken.[BR][BR][STRONG]Yeah, like I took it from you. I went in to management and said " you give us this flying, or else." Now you want to "fight" the pilots at the regionals with this J4J BS rather than management. [BR][BR][/STRONG]All this BS about ML pilots, heck we have 1800 pilots on the street because our jobs are being outsorced by the lowest bidder. You want to stick together? come on guys where is your support? [BR][BR][STRONG]All of the WOs have pilots on furlough. Now you are going to come to our airline, fly the aircraft placed here, and force our guys on the street. And you want our support? Yeah, right. [/STRONG][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
Instead of outsourcing the work U is going to operate the flights with mainline employees under negoitated lower payscales.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Uh, isn't it better for the U pilots to be flying them, even at lower payscales, than for the U pilots to not be flying them?

[blockquote]
----------------
MDA is going to kill the WO's which would make it an alter-ego which is bad for those unionized pilots. ----------------
[/blockquote]

How is MDA an alter Ego? It is now a going to be a mainline division. 70 and 78 seat Emb 170 and 175's are going to be operated as mainline flights with payscales of emploees comparable to express contracts. U use to operate 68 seat F28's and 74 seat BAC-111's. Instead of outsourcing the work U is going to operate the flights with mainline employees under negoitated

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 9:37:51 AM flyin2low wrote:

How is MDA an alter Ego?

Kind of like MetroJet.
It's just a 'B' scale subdivision of the mainline, which just happens to have it's own separate [EM]management[/EM] and [EM]work rules [/EM]and [EM]employees[/EM] and [EM]aircraft[/EM], boy this is sounding like it's an additional subsidiary under the group, to keep the WO down..........
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sounds more like restoring old Outsourced flying to U mainline but operating the flights under comparable cost structures to Comair, ASA, CAL Express and the rest under contracts approved by the unions. I'm sure the wholly owned would prefer the work be outsourced to them just as it was done at DAL, AMR, CAL etc.

How is MDA an alter Ego? [BR][BR]Kind of like MetroJet. [BR]It's just a 'B' scale subdivision of the mainline, which just happens to have it's own separate [EM]management[/EM] and [EM]work rules [/EM]and [EM]employees[/EM] and [EM]aircraft[/EM], boy this is sounding like it's an additional subsidiary under the group, to keep the WO down..........