Breaking RJ News

Why spend the money purchasing/leasing airplanes, stocking parts, training mechanics, training pilots, etc... when you can simply outsource the flying and recoup a portion of the revenue?

Because in the end it all comes down to the final product. We may be in the business of moving people but we are in a serious race to provide acceptable customer service. Investing in wholly owned comapanies ensures the U logo is protected by your own people. Look at MESA sometime, they don't provide the same product that a wholly owned does, they don't have to, they don't work for US Airways. Even with new a/c their performance is less than.

I know US Airways is in a fight for its life and that we are looking to get to the "golden station" as cheaply as we can. However, I would caution against investing in outfits that are essentially bottomfeeders. Mesa, CHAtaco, Shuttleship, and all the other "guests" don't safeguard the U logo. Investing in your own people ensures strong returns because your supporting the moral and pride of people that have been here well before MESA even flew their first passenger.

I guess you are right, MDA is owned by the group and even though it will replace mainline flying and pay the pilots less under lesser work rules it isn't an alter-ego.

So, I guess since Republic is owned by Wexford and will replace flying done by CHQ it isn't alter-ego since those will still be owned by Wexford.

I won't even go into Freedom......

Again, I think words like alter-ego, and scab should be carefully defined and that definition stuck to rather than just twisted to suit the user.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 10:11:59 AM Cisco wrote:

So, I guess since Republic is owned by Wexford and will replace flying done by CHQ it isn't alter-ego since those will still be owned by Wexford.

----------------
[/blockquote]
MDA is a restoration of previous mainline flying negotiated by the employees for wage and benifit reductions so as to compete with other airlines who have outsourced the work to code shares. MDA is not replacing anyones routes. It will be a restoration of outsourced routes and or changing size of aircraft to fit demand. No routes will be taken by MDA. Look at schedules between 1953 and 2003 and you will see that any route chosen to be operated by U mainline was operated by U mainline in the first place. Every route in existance is a Mianline route.

I would caution against investing in outfits that are essentially bottomfeeders. Mesa, CHAtaco, Shuttleship, and all the other "guests" don't safeguard the U logo"

I have been watching this website brew for about a year, and I am so apaulled by the statements made recently about Chautauqua, 1st. we DONT want your flying, we have 3 other codeshares with carriers that see how hard we work for them and absolute quality service we provide. We voted NO on jets for jerksoffs...
2nd. CHQ provided and level of service for U all those 20 some years and did it with pride and now look what we are compared to?...
U was the Only company I ever wanted to work for and the above statement proves Im so happy it never came about.
I see so many hard working pilots for CHQ giver 110% to U every day. Every jumpseater treated with absolute respect and professionalism. Hey dorkdriver, Im based in CMH why dont you come down and tell people in our crew room who you are and Ill find you and you can call me a bottom feeder to my face. I will F. U .Up I promise..Man am I pissed, If you feel this way about CHQ tell me next time you jumpseat on my plane. If not, and your a sincere professional as we are at CHQ you ARE welcome anytime on my plane!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 3:27:57 PM leonides wrote:

I would caution against investing in outfits that are essentially bottomfeeders. Mesa, CHAtaco, Shuttleship, and all the other "guests" don't safeguard the U logo"

1st. we DONT want your flying, we have 3 other codeshares with carriers that see how hard we work for them and absolute quality service we provide. We voted NO on jets for jerksoffs...
----------------
[/blockquote]

No they want all the flying from all the coseshares. Stealing ML & WO jobs one undercutting contract at a time. If I'm not mistaken you can go to the local corner and look at all the wh#@res and see the CHQ pilots trying to take their jobs too.

leonides...

Exactly my point, bottomfeeders who lack reason and want to engage in physical confrontation. Note: I don't jumpseat on CHQtaco.

Your guilty of being the lowest bidder and because you have nothing to fall back on you seek physical confrontation. Your jumpseat hash has been played out for years now, I'd suggest you find some other piece of cheese to nibble on. Contract carriers represent an industry cancer that affects every professional pilot wearing a uniform. Your smoke screens are useless, your reason is flawed, we shake our heads today at your nonsense, we will laugh at you tomorrow.

Work harder, get paid less, and rape industry standards!!! You guys ROCK!!!

FLY CHQtaco!!!!!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/18/2003 3:27:57 PM leonides wrote:

Im based in CMH why dont you come down and tell people in our crew room who you are and Ill find you and you can call me a bottom feeder to my face. I will F. U .Up I promise..

----------------
[/blockquote]

You and the rest of the Contract Carriers DO NOT BELONG HERE and YOU KNOW IT!!!! Your a BOTTOM FEEDING PIECE OF DIRT, to put it nicely. So take your EMPTY threats somewhere else little B^T&H.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 10:45:06 PM BoredToDeath wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 3:27:57 PM leonides wrote: [BR][BR]Im based in CMH why dont you come down and tell people in our crew room who you are and Ill find you and you can call me a bottom feeder to my face. I will F. U .Up I promise..[BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]You and the rest of the Contract Carriers DO NOT BELONG HERE and YOU KNOW IT!!!! Your a BOTTOM FEEDING PIECE OF DIRT, to put it nicely. So take your EMPTY threats somewhere else little B^T&H.
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]whoa! i'm having a hard time dealing with this.....i thought all pilots were a class act bunch of guys.sure you aren't really a bunch of mechanics?[/FONT][/EM]

FACT: When MDA, RJ's out number mainline, mainline Salaries will be finished. This includes IAM, CWA, AFA, and ALPA mainline employees. It's called divide and concur!

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR] :
[P][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR] [BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/18/2003 3:27:57 PM leonides wrote: [BR][BR]Im based in CMH why dont you come down and tell people in our crew room who you are and Ill find you and you can call me a bottom feeder to my face. I will F. U .Up I promise..[BR][BR]----------------[BR][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]You and the rest of the Contract Carriers DO NOT BELONG HERE and YOU KNOW IT!!!! Your a BOTTOM FEEDING PIECE OF DIRT, to put it nicely. So take your EMPTY threats somewhere else little B^T&H. [BR][BR]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][EM][FONT face='"Comic' Sans MS"]whoa! i'm having a hard time dealing with this.....i thought all pilots were a class act bunch of guys.sure you aren't really a bunch of mechanics?[/FONT][/EM][IMG src="http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif"]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/19/2003 9:35:15 AM ISN wrote:
[P]FACT: When MDA, RJ's out number mainline, mainline Salaries will be finished. This includes IAM, CWA, AFA, and ALPA mainline employees. It's called divide and concur! [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P][EM][FONT face="Comic Sans MS"]I wouldn't get too far ahead of myself here,ISN.the master game plan by big-d seigel is to gain rj's and feed the mainline while entrenching ourselves back in the competitive market going up against our low cost competition and growing the mainline fleet while utilizing the rj's to make our network grow.for some strange reason my BS detector went off when i read this post.a little 'mainline clas envy'?. [/FONT][/EM]

Think about it, 6 years from now ALPA announces a strike date. Company says go ahead make my day, we will keep the doors open using contract carriers! RJ’s, 90 seaters.

Wow, RJ's going to Europe! Now how many stops and how many crews would that be? Let's see, it would take maybe 16-20 hours and 2 crews, that would really be cost effective for just 90 passengers!

Latest posts