Bronners Brilliance

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
The more i think about it the better it looks. Bronner/Lakefield use the bankruptcy
process to extract MORE concessions, leases etc. Gecas/Gees/RSA and other creditors put up the equity investment.
Lakefield has publicly stated he does not want to run an airline so guess what? AWA management runs the whole thing with no money up front.
AWA Management seems to do better job and this could really get the industry down to 3-4 airlines.
i'd be scared if i was southwest and working for a legacy carrier ala AA, NWA who really haven't taken much of a cut. those pensioins and higher wages are in serious jepardy.

AFA is date of hire no questions. ALPA, with all the aircraft on order should be smoother transition than some feared like (ual/usair). 1-3 year fences etc. no furloughs etc.
This potential airline marriage is something to watch.

skyflyr69 said:
The more i think about it the better it looks. Bronner/Lakefield use the bankruptcy
process to extract MORE concessions, leases etc. Gecas/Gees/RSA and other creditors put up the equity investment.
Lakefield has publicly stated he does not want to run an airline so guess what? AWA management runs the whole thing with no money up front.
[post="263319"][/post]​

As I opined over on the humor-impaired US board, Parker getting involved with Terry Schaivo Airways is just plain stupid. Moronic.
Sounds like a perfect Ed Beauvais move!

You might as well change the name of the combined company to "Ship of Fools"!!

US Airways merger will put you out of business in no time at all.

At least Schaivo could slightly move!

I have no affection for US, a crappy airline that made good airlines just as crappy.

I just hope that they shut down Crystal City and all the east coast squalor and make the HQ in sunny Arizona, where there is a future.

The AFA doh will be the worst thing for the AWA f/a's, imho. How many have 30+ years? If there is a furlough, guess who has to leave? Check out US most junior f/a to see what I'm saying here. Is it 1988, 89?

Mergers are scary business when your entire career is based on seniority.

Fly, you're a United flight attendant, yes? Then you of all people know that AFA's head is a United flight attendant that approved the DOH clause in the by-laws. FWIW, I don't think this merger is going to happen anyway. But, it's interesting to watch people's true colors come out in these situations.

skyflyr69 said:
AWA Management seems to do better job and this could really get the industry down to 3-4 airlines.
i'd be scared if i was southwest and working for a legacy carrier ala AA, NWA who really haven't taken much of a cut. those pensioins and higher wages are in serious jepardy.

AFA is date of hire no questions. ALPA, with all the aircraft on order should be smoother transition than some feared like (ual/usair). 1-3 year fences etc. no furloughs etc.
[post="263319"][/post]​

good post skyflyr69!

well said!

doug parker and his team would be a tough choice to beat!

good luck to all!

Fly said:
The AFA doh will be the worst thing for the AWA f/a's, imho. How many have 30+ years? If there is a furlough, guess who has to leave? Check out US most junior f/a to see what I'm saying here. Is it 1988, 89?

Mergers are scary business when your entire career is based on seniority.
[post="263571"][/post]​

Fly better do a little research. I think 1999 would be more like the most junior US f/a, except the company is recalling some and they may go to early 2000 or at least late 1999.

PSA, well then, that's good. From what I've read on this board, the numbers were far more grim. Faaaaaaaaar worse than 1999. 1999?? Mainline?

Eye, I didn't say it was unfair, I said seniority makes a merger VERY SCARY to someone without a lot of seniority.

fyi - United flight attendants deeply resent Pat Friend. She stopped being "us" and started being "them" when she sold the UAL f/a's away for her own gain.

GECAS will shepherd this deal to completion. Good.

However, if the surviving entity flies under the USAir banner that would be a huge mistake for at least two reasons:

1. All the negative consumer attitude towards the USAir brand.
2. Bitter USAir employees will think they are superior and thus poison the work atmosphere.

Two huge gains would be to dump the CCY cost-center and decertify the unions.

Neither has honorably served their stakeholders and deserve to go --- now.

Fly said:
PSA, well then, that's good. From what I've read on this board, the numbers were far more grim. Faaaaaaaaar worse than 1999. 1999?? Mainline?

fyi - United flight attendants deeply resent Pat Friend. She stopped being "us" and started being "them" when she sold the UAL f/a's away for her own gain.
[post="263604"][/post]​

1999 mainline! And I personally couldn't agree more about Pat Friend, she sold us all down the river when the "Power" took over!!!!! :down:

AmWest HQ to stay put
But name goes if merger OK'd
Glen Creno and Dawn Gilbertson
The Arizona Republic
Apr. 21, 2005 12:00 AM
The America West name would go away if the airline merged with US Airways, but plans call for the headquarters and management to be in Tempe, according to industry sources.

very, very interesting!

the west is best!

from az republic..free subcription

us0004us said:
AmWest HQ to stay put
But name goes if merger OK'd
Glen Creno and Dawn Gilbertson
The Arizona Republic
Apr. 21, 2005 12:00 AM
The America West name would go away if the airline merged with US Airways, but plans call for the headquarters and management to be in Tempe, according to industry sources.
very, very interesting!
the west is best!

As a U employee I would hope that the AWA management stays in the saddle. The current U management doesn't want to be running an airline. I would be nice to work for someone that did.

There is a lot of dead weight in the middle mangement ranks at U. They are there because they are able to hide due to the structure U has allowed to stay in place.

The corporate headquarters are in Crystal City but operations are scattered over three hubs. Numerous vic presidents hide out in various corners of the network and attend numerous dilbert style meetings, consult graphs and spreadsheets, pontificate to the masses and then wonder why things go wrong.

They will blame labor, other departments, and any one close by. It's not thier fault. Just ask Al Crellin or Jerry Glass, to VP's that come to mind.

I have visited the Southwest headquarters on two occasions and the structure begs for co-operation. No guard-dog secrataries or gatekeeprs in front of offices. A very open structure for an open company that thrives on information flow.

At U information flows one way, down. Do what we say, you don't need to know anything just do it. It would be ok if they new what they were doing. I understand UPS is something like this but they have competent people running that outfit.

"Now don't get mad and leave in a huff." "Stay for a minute, if you are still mad you can leave in a minute and a huff." ...... Groucho Marx

Where are HP's crew bases and what does the uniform look like?

Just curious

Good question since we US employees are known as scavengers looking to take anything we can get our hands on. The old rusty airline that we are. lol...... just curious myself. I'm sure LAS and PHX are two.... As for those HP employees who may be curious US has crew bases in BOS, LGA, DCA, PHL, PIT and CLT. Just to ease those that worry about the old psa'ers invading your bases, there is a small amount of left coast commuters. We live all over the darn country to be honest. Now a base in florida would be a different story. LOL..... :lol: