Bronners Brilliance

Fly said:
The AFA doh will be the worst thing for the AWA f/a's, imho.  How many have 30+ years?  If there is a furlough, guess who has to leave?  Check out US most junior f/a to see what I'm saying here.  Is it 1988, 89?

Mergers are scary business when your entire career is based on seniority.
[post="263571"][/post]​

Folks,

today's picture of seniority at U will look very different by the end of the year. Over 950 f/as above 15years will be leaving through VFLR and early retirments. There are currently 4,400 active fa/s at U.

Relax.

Fly said:
The AFA doh will be the worst thing for the AWA f/a's, imho. How many have 30+ years? If there is a furlough, guess who has to leave? Check out US most junior f/a to see what I'm saying here. Is it 1988, 89?

Mergers are scary business when your entire career is based on seniority.
[post="263571"][/post]​

Try 1999 on property and end of 99,2000, and 2001 on furlough.
Regardless at this point. US is not going to run in PHX or LAS and run the AWA flight attendants off the property.

You can bet that AWA management will have something built into the agreement that allows AWA to integrate some of US employees and the rest will be pasted to the bottom. They probably have already contacted AA to get the logistics on how to do it. I wouldn't expect US to gain anything out of a merger with AWA except maybe a job for a little longer. The one who'll make out in this deal is the creditors. This looks like a bad deal for the AWA employees the "Barbell" merger should be called the "Dumbell" merger :down:

whatkindoffreshhell said:
GECAS will shepherd this deal to completion. Good.

However, if the surviving entity flies under the USAir banner that would be a huge mistake for at least two reasons:

1. All the negative consumer attitude towards the USAir brand.
2. Bitter USAir employees will think they are superior and thus poison the work atmosphere.

Two huge gains would be to dump the CCY cost-center and decertify the unions.

Neither has honorably served their stakeholders and deserve to go --- now.
[post="263608"][/post]​

C'mon man, catch up with the times dude, it's USAirways! :rolleyes:

justaumechanic said:
You might as well change the name of the combined company to "Ship of Fools"!!

US Airways merger will put you out of business in no time at all.
[post="263547"][/post]​
I disagree we have great airline, great people, good routes, BUT THE WORST MANAGEMENT IN THE INDUSTRY !!!!!!!!!!

Fly said:
PSA, well then, that's good.  From what I've read on this board, the numbers were far more grim.  Faaaaaaaaar worse than 1999.  1999??  Mainline?

Eye, I didn't say it was unfair, I said seniority makes a merger VERY SCARY to someone without a lot of seniority.

fyi - United flight attendants deeply resent Pat Friend.  She stopped being "us" and started being "them" when she sold the UAL f/a's away for her own gain.
[post="263604"][/post]​

Most junior active F/A is late 1999 seniority. 2000 and 2001 seniority are either MidAtlantic or furloughed.

The most junior pilot is 1988, anyone with 14 years is MidAtlantic, J4J, or furloughed. As far as F/As, the most junior would be roughly the same had there not been a voluntary furlough that got rid of about 2000 of them.

Hey Fly I like your avatar... It's Paris right? I need a new one.