Bullet Holes Found On Jet

700UW said:
Decompression if the hole is large enough.
[post="191330"][/post]​

Not quite, a few bullet holes will not do anything. There is simply too much air available. Besides, aircraft leak like sieves, and pressurization is a controlled leak. The show "Myth Busters" did a piece on this where ther pressurized an MD80 up to 8.2psid, shot a hole in the fuselage....nothing.....through a window.....nothing but a hole in the window. But when placing plastic explosive around the window frame, the stress cracks from the small charge allowed the pressurization to take out the entire side of the aircraft. Filmed at MHV. Great episode.

DENVER, CO

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbust...episode_02.html

read about episode 10......this is one of my favorite shows, it brings fun to science

Light Years said:
So says someone who has a picture of the WTC on 9-11 in thier avatar for political reasons. You need to shut the f*ck up about poor taste.

:down:
[post="191188"][/post]​
AWWWWWWW :( ...Poor poor, Light weight...i mean years....sorry. Seems my political beliefs stir a little emotion in your sorry little world!!! :down:

Also, you end your statement like a TRUE, liberal DUMBerat!!!!!! Just shut the f*ck up????? WOW!! That took alot of your thought process to come up with that one!!!!!!!! :p <_< :down: :D GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also.....MR MODERATOR???????????? WHERE ARE YOU????????????? SPREAD YOUR WARNINGS EVENLY!!!!!!!!!!!

You put down my humour about an incident but imply (hope?) that terrorist attacks will happen if your candidate isn't elected? How much of a hypocrite are you?

Tacky and twisted. Do you know anyone that died that day? I do, and they wouldn't want to be part of anyone's campaign. Have some respect for those victims and I'll apologize for whatever hurt I caused, um, the airplane.

WHEN YOU EXPLOIT THE VICTIMS OF THAT TRAGEDY FOR ANYTHING< YES YOU DO NEED TO SHUT THE edited UP. :angry:

moderator comment: don't use profanity.

Light Years said:
You put down my humour about an incident but imply (hope?) that terrorist attacks will happen if your candidate isn't elected? How much of a hypocrite are you?

Tacky and twisted. Do you know anyone that died that day? I do, and they wouldn't want to be part of anyone's campaign. Have some respect for those victims and I'll apologize for whatever hurt I caused, um, the airplane.

WHEN YOU EXPLOIT THE VICTIMS OF THAT TRAGEDY FOR ANYTHING< YES YOU DO NEED TO SHUT THE edited UP. :angry:
moderator comment: don't use profanity.
[post="191684"][/post]​
As a matter of FACT ####, Had TWO cousins who perished that day!!! in NYC, AND PA!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT YOU DARE TRY TO TELL ME I AM EXPLOITING ANY OF THOSE POOR SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TALK TO MY FAMILY!!!!!! WE TRULY KNOW ON A PERSONAL LEVEL WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY!!!!!!! My OPINION is that my candidate, GEORGE W BUSH will do a better job!!!!!!!! Dont like it????????? Go #### yourself , ####!!!!!!

If I get sent to the cornfield for this,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!

ua767fo said:
Not quite, a few bullet holes will not do anything. There is simply too much air available. Besides, aircraft leak like sieves, and pressurization is a controlled leak. The show "Myth Busters" did a piece on this where ther pressurized an MD80 up to 8.2psid, shot a hole in the fuselage....nothing.....through a window.....nothing but a hole in the window. But when placing plastic explosive around the window frame, the stress cracks from the small charge allowed the pressurization to take out the entire side of the aircraft. Filmed at MHV. Great episode.

DENVER, CO

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbust...episode_02.html

read about episode 10......this is one of my favorite shows, it brings fun to science
[post="191650"][/post]​

Well now you did it won't see 700UW back in this thread he was proven wrong again. LOLOL run away little girl oh oh run away little girl!!!!

Another thing you edited by moderator ####!!!! How DARE you imply that I "hope" something would happen!!!! I'm twisted????? You jackoff, You better hope I NEVER find out who you are!!!! I LOST RELATIVES!!!!!! YOU are the one making a "JOKE" about SHOOTING at airplanes, and YOU are telling ME that I am twisted???????? DUDE............YOU BETTER leave me the #### alone!!!

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
Another thing you edited by moderator ####!!!! How DARE you imply that I "hope" something would happen!!!! I'm twisted????? You jackoff, You better hope I NEVER find out who you are!!!! I LOST RELATIVES!!!!!! YOU are the one making a "JOKE" about SHOOTING at airplanes, and YOU are telling ME that I am twisted???????? DUDE............YOU BETTER leave me the #### alone!!!
[post="191863"][/post]​

Oh shut up you rambling cockroach

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
Eye, I immediately understood what he was saying, BUT.......... insinuating on a public forum that ANYONE, management or union, would partake in an incident that ACTUALLY happened, is NOT humor!!!!! That was my point. Realize that anything involving an aircraft, especially SHOOTING at it!!!!! is NO joke!! GOOD DAY!!!!!
[post="191648"][/post]​
Geez, get over it. Your self-serving, self-righteous, espression of grief or outrage or whatever it is, is "a cheap and tawdry political trick. You are not a nice man."

You are sooooooooooo special, aren't you?

Well, I'm glad I caught it all after it was edited- what an angry poster- even physical threats. I genuinely hope there's no real life rage being taken out on anyone.

Latest posts