Fbi Investigates Employees

BoeingBoy said:
From a PIT TV station on Dec 1....

Holes In US Airways Planes

There are pictures of the holes.

Jim
[post="205365"][/post]​
Jim,

Although no longer employed by US, I saw the piece on the news. Some posters' here want me to go away....move on, and get on with my life(thats what I have been told)..Thats ok!!.....I have strong feelings.....like many other people on this forum! I truly hope this was an isolated incident.....in fact, I'm sure it was. You people that remain are a testament to the fortitude of conviction, and for that, I commend you all......US employees are the greatest!!! I truly am pulling for every one of "younz guys"!!!!!!(only pit people understand that one)!!!
Good luck, EVERYONE!!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!

According to FBI sources on a CLT based CBS affiliate tonight , the causes of said damage could have easily been attributed to gravel pings as easily as anything else imaginable.

So much for an angry employee theory , when natural causes could have easily caused these dings on an inlet cowl or lower fuselage skins.

Maybe a CLT based paving company or a bird strike is to blame while a BS witch-hunt is taking place too , Huh ? :eek: Oops my bad..Paving Companies and migrant birds don't have an axe to grind or a 21% less pay check to cash..so let the conpiracy mongers have a field day at the expense of the same people that insure safe air travel on a day to day basis for however many years prior to this issue getting press generated life.

NeedForSpeedNFS said:
Jim,

Although no longer employed by US, I saw the piece on the news. Some posters' here want me to go away....move on, and get on with my life(thats what I have been told)..Thats ok!!.....I have strong feelings.....like many other people on this forum! I truly hope this was an isolated incident.....in fact, I'm sure it was. You people that remain are a testament to the fortitude of conviction, and for that, I commend you all......US employees are the greatest!!! I truly am pulling for every one of "younz guys"!!!!!!(only pit people understand that one)!!!
Good luck, EVERYONE!!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!
[post="205384"][/post]​

Great post NFS,

And I do hope those holes are because of paving consruction in CLT or flying birds and not a disgruntles employees.
"US employees are the greatest!!!!" Nice to see we agree on something. :D

delldude said:
heard from sources..culprits are named:
"joe willy" jackson and "billy bob" thornton....
[post="205410"][/post]​

Watch it Delldude...Must not humor us. Remember the idiot who couldn't appreciate all of our humor on another recent WHO DID IT issue? :lol: :lol:

Phantom Fixer said:
According to FBI sources on a CLT based CBS affiliate tonight , the causes of said damage could have easily been attributed to gravel pings as easily as anything else imaginable.

So much for an angry employee theory , when natural causes could have easily caused these dings on an inlet cowl or lower fuselage skins.

Maybe a CLT based paving company or a bird strike is to blame while a BS witch-hunt is taking place too , Huh ? :eek: Oops my bad..Paving Companies and migrant birds don't have an axe to grind or a 21% less pay check to cash..so let the conpiracy mongers have a field day at the expense of the same people that insure safe air travel on a day to day basis for however many years prior to this issue getting press generated life.
[post="205416"][/post]​
I understand your frustration Phantom, but trust me.....the damage was NOT from birds, or gravel..... GOOD DAY!!

Watched the TV report and saw a former US Airways Employee give his opinion, surprised I did not see his George Bush and Right Wing Shrine in his house.

Light Years said:
Hey usflboi, these are some serious allegations. Please provide us with proof that individual US Airways employees are being investigated. Not the incident, but employees as you imply in the subject title and your screeching posts.

Sorry to shoot holes in your drama, but please provide us a with a link proving that employees are being investigated.
[post="192710"][/post]​

So I guess the "Wheel Chock" that was intentionally and strategically placed on the 737-400 in G-Boro on the last day that Piedmont existed (prior to the merger) and caused the main gear to jam in the up position with a subsequent emergency landing and substantial damage to an engine was a figment of everyone's imagination too. Amazing??

700UW said:
Watched the TV report and saw a former US Airways Employee give his opinion, surprised I did not see his George Bush and Right Wing Shrine in his house.
[post="205475"][/post]​
700!!!!!! TSK....TSK.....TSK, Lets see, how do you say it??? Glad to see your adding to the topic at hand, always attacking and insulting!!!Blah, blah, blah!!
I didn't realize your a hipocrit, and a cheap shot artist!!!LOL :down: GOOD DAY!!!!

PS: All of my Right-wing papers, and evil paraphanelia, along with my many pics of "W", are packed away for my move!!! They'll be set up in a special room of my new place!!! :p :up: :up: :up:

balloonguy said:
So I guess the "Wheel Chock" that was intentionally and strategically placed on the 737-400 in G-Boro on the last day that Piedmont existed (prior to the merger) and caused the main gear to jam in the up position with a subsequent emergency landing and substantial damage to an engine was a figment of everyone's imagination too. Amazing??
[post="205478"][/post]​
Get your facts straight, it was not placed intentionally nor strategically, that is a bold faced lie!

From the NTSB Report:

NTSB Identification: ATL89IA187 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 40723.
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of PIEDMONT AIRLINES
Incident occurred Wednesday, August 02, 1989 in GREENSBORO, NC
Probable Cause Approval Date: 9/11/1992
Aircraft: BOEING 737-400, registration: N413US
Injuries: 106 Uninjured.
DURING APPROACH TO CHARLOTTE, THE MAIN GEAR WOULD NOT EXTEND. THE FLT DIVERTED TO GREENSBORO. THE RIGHT GEAR EVENTUALLY EXTENDED AFTER APPLYING EXTENSIVE G-FORCES, BUT THE LEFT GEAR WOULD NOT. AFTER LANDING, A 29-INCH WHEEL CHOCK WAS FOUND WEDGED BETWEEN THE RADIUS OF THE LEFT WHEEL WELL AND THE INBOARD WHEEL WHICH PREVENTED THE LEFT GEAR FROM FALLING DOWN. THE AIRPLANE HAD BEEN POSITIONED SEVERAL TIMES THE NIGHT BEFORE, AND THE MECHANICS RECALLED PLACING THE CHOCKS IN THE WHEEL WELL. AN A-CHECK, AND A WALK-AROUND INSPECTION, HAD BEEN COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE FLIGHT'S DEPARTURE FROM WASHINGTON. EACH INSPECTION REQUIRED AN INSPECTION OF THE WHEEL WELL AREA. THE FIRST OFFICER STATED THAT HE DIDN'T SEE THE CHOCK WHICH WAS MARKED WITH YELLOW REFLECTIVE TAPE. A FLASHLIGHT WAS USED DURING THE INSPECTION.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:

FAILURE OF THE LINE MECHANIC, A CHECK MECHANIC, AND FIRST OFFICER TO IDENTIFY AND REMOVE THE WHEEL CHOCK FROM THE WHEEL WELL DURING THE REQUIRED INSPECTIONS.

700UW said:
Get your facts straight, it was not placed intentionally nor strategically, that is a bold faced lie!

From the NTSB Report:

NTSB Identification: ATL89IA187 .
The docket is stored on NTSB microfiche number 40723.
Scheduled 14 CFR Part 121: Air Carrier operation of PIEDMONT AIRLINES
Incident occurred Wednesday, August 02, 1989 in GREENSBORO, NC
Probable Cause Approval Date: 9/11/1992
Aircraft: BOEING 737-400, registration: N413US
Injuries: 106 Uninjured.
DURING APPROACH TO CHARLOTTE, THE MAIN GEAR WOULD NOT EXTEND. THE FLT DIVERTED TO GREENSBORO. THE RIGHT GEAR EVENTUALLY EXTENDED AFTER APPLYING EXTENSIVE G-FORCES, BUT THE LEFT GEAR WOULD NOT. AFTER LANDING, A 29-INCH WHEEL CHOCK WAS FOUND WEDGED BETWEEN THE RADIUS OF THE LEFT WHEEL WELL AND THE INBOARD WHEEL WHICH PREVENTED THE LEFT GEAR FROM FALLING DOWN. THE AIRPLANE HAD BEEN POSITIONED SEVERAL TIMES THE NIGHT BEFORE, AND THE MECHANICS RECALLED PLACING THE CHOCKS IN THE WHEEL WELL. AN A-CHECK, AND A WALK-AROUND INSPECTION, HAD BEEN COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE FLIGHT'S DEPARTURE FROM WASHINGTON. EACH INSPECTION REQUIRED AN INSPECTION OF THE WHEEL WELL AREA. THE FIRST OFFICER STATED THAT HE DIDN'T SEE THE CHOCK WHICH WAS MARKED WITH YELLOW REFLECTIVE TAPE. A FLASHLIGHT WAS USED DURING THE INSPECTION.

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this incident as follows:

FAILURE OF THE LINE MECHANIC, A CHECK MECHANIC, AND FIRST OFFICER TO IDENTIFY AND REMOVE THE WHEEL CHOCK FROM THE WHEEL WELL DURING THE REQUIRED INSPECTIONS.
[post="205485"][/post]​
good job of providing the truth..... bad judgement by the mechs involed,not to mention they, and the FO involved...Sure hope they got eye exams after that incident

Oh great, it has become North versus South....I love this crap...lets fight until we are all dead and then the truth will be known....MODERATORS!! I insist this be shut down. The attacks have become too personal. We are off-topic. North v. South? Labor v. Management? Good v. Evil? Is it all connected? It most certainly is. But shut it down for the sake of PB. She is unhappy.

Are the holes real? Did the employees do it?

Who destroyed your job? Wolf? no. Siegal? no. Schofield? no. Colodny? Probably. What are the responsibilities of captains of industry? They are to anticipate the future....Colodny failed in that he didn't assume that a little carrier in Texas would lead to this. Labor has resisted the notion that the industry was changing (read: small jets) but it was management who should have been FORCING this long before they did. They are forcing it now. What are y'all/younz gonna do. Stay or leave? Attempt murder or walk away with dignity?

I know some of you cant fight for long, but do it with dignity and without hurting those who dont hurt you.

PS.

That's a nice little rant, but U inherited a fleet of RJ's with the PI merger, complete with an ALPA labor agreement to fly them.

Colodny and Schofield made the decision to ditch them.

Further adding to my conspiracy theory that management, all the way back then, DID NOT WANT MAINLINE EMPLOYEES to operate the RJ's.

They were planning, then, to shift jet flying to express.

That's why Siegel was wheeled in - he had the expertise from CO to do it.