BUsh and Big Business

[blockquote]----------------On 12/9/2002 11:59:40 PM Rational Thought wrote: [blockquote]
----------------
On 12/9/2002 9:00:48 PM atabuy wrote:

For any republican here who thinks Bush is doing good for the national debt wondered into some good cannibis somewhere.
Republicans have a knack of reducing everything but debt. The good old boy system works very well for the rich while the poor get poorer.
Their trickle down seems to stop somewhere between filthy and rich.

The deficit which is being made is just a transfer of wealth from the gov. to the rich through big business. Defense, oil, etc.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Deficits do someting very helpful for US society (although I wish we could find a different mechanism)....they constrain the growth of government. Surpluses tend to expand governments because of the desire of politicians to empire build (e.g. move most of government to West Virginia). When you have a deficit, politicians are forced to limit spending on "important" activities and not frivilous pork.

So, I'll take deficits if they prevent the government from expanding into every nook and cranny of our society.----------------[/blockquote]
Is that like the business mantra during the LBO era of the 80s, its good for a business to have large debts because it makes management concentrate on running a lean business?

Or maybe the rich need tax cuts because they invest in the economy?
Like Jack Welch, his money is invested in very low interest government bonds, almost all of his 500 million. Research the WSJ for details.
Or like the ENRON geniuses who were busy investing in mansions in bankruptcy secure Florida, that really was an investement in the national economy, did they use US marble or import it from Italy?

Some debt is necessary, I doubt if the US economy could balance its books year to year, but to claim that a deficit per se is healthy? How come things were running smoother under Clinton's minimum defict budget?

At least I hope that Bush jacks up the interest rates again, what Bank of America is paying on my savings borders on highway robbery.

[blockquote]----------------On 12/9/2002 11:59:40 PM Rational Thought wrote: [blockquote]
----------------
On 12/9/2002 9:00:48 PM atabuy wrote:

For any republican here who thinks Bush is doing good for the national debt wondered into some good cannibis somewhere.
Republicans have a knack of reducing everything but debt. The good old boy system works very well for the rich while the poor get poorer.
Their trickle down seems to stop somewhere between filthy and rich.

The deficit which is being made is just a transfer of wealth from the gov. to the rich through big business. Defense, oil, etc.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Deficits do someting very helpful for US society (although I wish we could find a different mechanism)....they constrain the growth of government. Surpluses tend to expand governments because of the desire of politicians to empire build (e.g. move most of government to West Virginia). When you have a deficit, politicians are forced to limit spending on "important" activities and not frivilous pork.

So, I'll take deficits if they prevent the government from expanding into every nook and cranny of our society.----------------[/blockquote]
Is that like the business mantra during the LBO era of the 80s, its good for a business to have large debts because it makes management concentrate on running a lean business?

Or maybe the rich need tax cuts because they invest in the economy?
Like Jack Welch, his money is invested in very low interest government bonds, almost all of his 500 million. Research the WSJ for details.
Or like the ENRON geniuses who were busy investing in mansions in bankruptcy secure Florida, that really was an investement in the national economy, did they use US marble or import it from Italy?

Some debt is necessary, I doubt if the US economy could balance its books year to year, but to claim that a deficit per se is healthy? How come things were running smoother under Clinton's minimum defict budget?

At least I hope that Bush jacks up the interest rates again, what Bank of America is paying on my savings borders on highway robbery.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/8/2002 4:26:24 PM Bob Owens wrote:

PEBs are also used in the Railroads and are used quite regularly. Bush was the first to not adhere to the recommendation of the NMB when they requested he appoint a PEB. Check your facts.

----------------
[/blockquote]

My facts are simple and straight forward.

The Airline Industry is not the Railroad and it has not been a "long standing philosophy", (until Clinton) to interfere in Airline Labor/Management disputes.

Check out Forest Bob, it is just beyond those TREES with the liberal tree huggers attached to their trunks.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/8/2002 4:26:24 PM Bob Owens wrote:

PEBs are also used in the Railroads and are used quite regularly. Bush was the first to not adhere to the recommendation of the NMB when they requested he appoint a PEB. Check your facts.

----------------
[/blockquote]

My facts are simple and straight forward.

The Airline Industry is not the Railroad and it has not been a "long standing philosophy", (until Clinton) to interfere in Airline Labor/Management disputes.

Check out Forest Bob, it is just beyond those TREES with the liberal tree huggers attached to their trunks.

"As to filthy rich, well Stephen Spielberg and Alec Baldwin don't seem very cash poor yet aren't what I'd call Newt Gingrich Republicans."

Good point. Huh?
What airline are they working for?

Unions were started because of greedy people. If these people fit into the name republican. Than republican it will be.
Republicans don't like to give up any of their money to others in the form of taxes which help a lot of people not fortunate enough to earn the money some people can. The tax money is used to fund programs which help people to survive.

It's funny how the gov. makes laws to keep someone from having an unwanted child, but then republicans are willing to starve them, or stand by while they are abused, sometimes to death or let them freeze to death (Street people) after they are born. Really Christian of the right wing.

Daddys' thousand points of light missed dubya. The lights not even on, and he doesn't know whether he's home or not.

"As to filthy rich, well Stephen Spielberg and Alec Baldwin don't seem very cash poor yet aren't what I'd call Newt Gingrich Republicans."

Good point. Huh?
What airline are they working for?

Unions were started because of greedy people. If these people fit into the name republican. Than republican it will be.
Republicans don't like to give up any of their money to others in the form of taxes which help a lot of people not fortunate enough to earn the money some people can. The tax money is used to fund programs which help people to survive.

It's funny how the gov. makes laws to keep someone from having an unwanted child, but then republicans are willing to starve them, or stand by while they are abused, sometimes to death or let them freeze to death (Street people) after they are born. Really Christian of the right wing.

Daddys' thousand points of light missed dubya. The lights not even on, and he doesn't know whether he's home or not.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

This not true. I know many working class union Republicans ( even registered Democrats who vote Republican)who give willingly to charities. Especially here at American, under the United way campaign. One of the main issues is colloction of union dues. When industrial unions collect union dues for Represntation and Collective Bargaining, then use those monies for their liberal left wing agenda that has nothing to do with labor issues, then I have a problem with it. I do not mind using dues for issues that are political such as lobbying for issues that pertain to the craft and class of my trade. But let me control what I spend my political dollars on.

[blockquote]
----------------

----------------
[/blockquote]

This not true. I know many working class union Republicans ( even registered Democrats who vote Republican)who give willingly to charities. Especially here at American, under the United way campaign. One of the main issues is colloction of union dues. When industrial unions collect union dues for Represntation and Collective Bargaining, then use those monies for their liberal left wing agenda that has nothing to do with labor issues, then I have a problem with it. I do not mind using dues for issues that are political such as lobbying for issues that pertain to the craft and class of my trade. But let me control what I spend my political dollars on.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/10/2002 4:52:39 AM atabuy wrote:
[P]"As to filthy rich, well Stephen Spielberg and Alec Baldwin don't seem very cash poor yet aren't what I'd call Newt Gingrich Republicans."[BR][BR]Good point. Huh?[BR]What airline are they working for?[BR][BR]Unions were started because of greedy people. If these people fit into the name republican. Than republican it will be.[BR]Republicans don't like to give up any of their money to others in the form of taxes which help a lot of people not fortunate enough to earn the money some people can. The tax money is used to fund programs which help people to survive.[BR][BR]It's funny how the gov. makes laws to keep someone from having an unwanted child, but then republicans are willing to starve them, or stand by while they are abused, sometimes to death or let them freeze to death (Street people) after they are born. Really Christian of the right wing. [BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]This is patently false. Republicans know that taxes are part of society and are more than willing to pay them. Republicans do not like to pay grandiose taxes for fluff programs like what other posters had referred to - moving the government to West Virginia being a perfect example.[BR][BR]Republicans contribute to charities in huge numbers so your example of letting a child freeze to death is blatently wrong and purely inflammatory. If you want to see good Democratic government at work, look no further to the District of Columbia. Children there routinely die because they're placed into neglectful and abusive foster homes. [BR][BR]BTW, what laws are you referring to that "keep someone from having an unwanted child."[/P]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/10/2002 4:52:39 AM atabuy wrote:
[P]"As to filthy rich, well Stephen Spielberg and Alec Baldwin don't seem very cash poor yet aren't what I'd call Newt Gingrich Republicans."[BR][BR]Good point. Huh?[BR]What airline are they working for?[BR][BR]Unions were started because of greedy people. If these people fit into the name republican. Than republican it will be.[BR]Republicans don't like to give up any of their money to others in the form of taxes which help a lot of people not fortunate enough to earn the money some people can. The tax money is used to fund programs which help people to survive.[BR][BR]It's funny how the gov. makes laws to keep someone from having an unwanted child, but then republicans are willing to starve them, or stand by while they are abused, sometimes to death or let them freeze to death (Street people) after they are born. Really Christian of the right wing. [BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]This is patently false. Republicans know that taxes are part of society and are more than willing to pay them. Republicans do not like to pay grandiose taxes for fluff programs like what other posters had referred to - moving the government to West Virginia being a perfect example.[BR][BR]Republicans contribute to charities in huge numbers so your example of letting a child freeze to death is blatently wrong and purely inflammatory. If you want to see good Democratic government at work, look no further to the District of Columbia. Children there routinely die because they're placed into neglectful and abusive foster homes. [BR][BR]BTW, what laws are you referring to that "keep someone from having an unwanted child."[/P]