Bush Can't Get His Stories Straight

I suppose you felt safe when in 1993 the Clinton supporters, er, I mean terrorists, tried to bring down the WTC.. OSAMA WAS OFFERED TO CLINTON ON A SILVER PLATTER BY SUDAN......HE KNEW HE WAS THREAT...WHAT ABOUT THAT??????????????????????? THE WORLD IS NOT JUST ABOUT UNIONS AND FLIGHT ATTENDANTS

Hopeful said:
Despite Bush and Gore having the SupremE Court decide the presIdency, the fact remains that even though Gore won the popular vote, he only won it by 60,000 or so votes which is trivial compared to the 60-70,000,000 people who voted.
Basically this nation was divided almost 50-50 on Gore and Bush..

HARDLY A MANDATE!

I WONDER WHY YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO THE OTHER DEMOCRAT PRESIDENTIAL FUN FACTS.

So you don't think this is a good defense?

If George DUMYA is as dumb as all you liberals say, then how can you expect him to read all the CIA information about WMD?

Did you forget that the WORLD knew Saddam used WMD on his own people????????????????? What's the differnece between Hitler and Saddam? and Milosevic for that matter?
It doesn't matter whether he won by 60,000 or 6,000,000 or by 6 votes. In a democracy if you have 1 vote more than your opponent you're supposed to be declared the winner.

I'm quite sure that Shrub would not have worried about his "mandate" if he had won by 1 vote instead of getting the majority of votes in the Supreme Court.

Oh, and Shrub by his OWN ADMISSION doesn't read the CIA reports or the newspapers. The only information that he gets is what his staff chooses to tell him.
According to Shrub himself, that's how he knows that he is getting an "unbiased" report of the issues. Shrub baby, 3 words, "Emperor. New Clothes!"

Oh, and don't forget, Shrub campaigned on a promise of keeping us out of "nation-building, meddling in the affairs of countries we don't agree with" foreign policy. When Clinton wanted to do something about Saddam, the Repubs rose up in protest that Saddam was none of our business. Of course, at the time, Halliburton and Mr. Cheney were doing business with Iraq in violation of Federal law and UN sanctions.

Also, that is a specious argument regarding Hitler. As a matter of fact, the US stayed out of the war as long as Hitler was only occupying our European allies. It was only after Hitler's ally, Japan, attacked Pearl Harbor that the U.S. declared war on Nazi Germany. Saddam never attacked the U.S.--even Shrub finally admitted that Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11.

"I DID NOT HAVE SESSUAL REALTIONS WITH THAT WOMAN!"

"I TRIED MARIJUANA BUT DID NOT INHALE!"

BY THE WAY, PROFESSOR, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WAY PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS ARE HELD IN THIS COUNTRY, THEN START A CAMPAIGN TO ELIMINATE THE ELECTORAL COLLEGE AND ELECT THE PRESIDENT SOLELY ON A POPULAR VOTE.

IT'S A GOOD THING YOU LIBERALS WERE NOT AROUND IN THE 30'S AND 40'S OR ELSE WE'D ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN.

HMMMM, THE ONLY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY TO USE AN ATOMIC BOMB WAS A
DEMOCRAT!

BABOOOM!!!!

MiAAMI:
If Bush wins in '04, will you promise to leave the country!

Oh I forgot you are already out of the Country, your'e in Miami!

Miaami, don't waste the effort to respond to Hopeful and DFWCC. They both know that Bush is indefensible; so, their strategy is to continue attacking former Presidents who happen to be Democrats--which just happens to be the Republican Party's strategy.

Truth is, today's Republican power is based on its "Southern Strategy." And, as one who grew up in Alabama and has spent most of his adult life in Texas, I can assure you that if Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic Party had not passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, you would still be able to hold those 2 states Republican Party Conventions in a phone booth. Same is true throughout the "Republican" states of the Old South. The Republican Party is their only hope of restoring the "good ole days" when blacks, mexicans, queers, and white people of the non-fundamentalist Protestant persuasion knew their place and stayed in it.

Hey JIMNTX,

Who's that famous old Senator? Hmmm Let me see!, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

OH YEAH, SENATOR ROBERT BYRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WASN'T HE A CARD CARRYING HOOD WEARING MEMEBER OF THAT FINE SOCIAL CLUB,,,,THE KKK????????????????????????????????????????????????

HE'S A DEMOCRAT, ISN'T HE?

BEFORE YOU GIVE ME THE "HE HAS ATONED FOR HIS SINS AND ASKED FOR FORGIVENESS" CRAP, SPARE ME! LEOPARD CAN'T CHANGE HIS SPOTS!

WHY HAS HE NOT BEEN PUT IN YOUR REPUBLICAN CATEGORY OF THE RACIST KIND?

TYPICAL DEMOCRAT DEFENSE!

"OH, THE MAN HAS APOLOGIZED, BLAH BLAH BLAH!

REMEMBER JIMMY BOY, DEMOCRATS ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN REPUBLICANS WHEN IT COMES TO POLITICS AND HYPOCRISY!

Michelle Malkin (archive)
(printer-friendly version)

March 7, 2001

Sen. Robert Byrd, ex-klansman

Ex-Klansman Robert Byrd, the senior senator from West Virginia, casually used the phrase "white ******" twice on national TV this weekend. Enraged civil rights groups organized a protest campaign against Sen. Byrd and demanded that he undergo sensitivity training ... not. The ex-Klansman, you see, is a Democrat. Democrats can join hate groups and utter the ugliest racial slurs and get away with it because they are Democrats. They belong to the party of racial tolerance and understanding. They're paragons of virtue, and the rest of us are bigoted rubes.

The ex-Klansman showed his true colors when asked by Fox News Sunday morning talk show host Tony Snow about the state of race relations in America. Sen. Byrd warned: "There are white niggers. I've seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I'm going to use that word. We just need to work together to make our country a better country, and I'd just as soon quit talking about it so much."

The ex-Klansman, famed for Beltway blowhardism, should have quit talking a lot sooner. Why any prominent politician in his right mind would publicly and deliberately use the poisonous epithet "******" -- which most daily newspapers refuse to spell out, no matter the context -- is beyond comprehension. It's an open question as to whether the rant-prone, 83-year-old Byrd is even in his right mind, but senility doesn't excuse bigotry.

The ex-Klansman's admirers praise his historical knowledge, mastery of procedural rules, and outspokenness. They refer to the Senate's senior Democrat as the "conscience of the Senate." They downplay his white-sheet-wearing days as a "brief mistake" -- as if joining the Klan were like knocking over a glass of water. Oopsy.

This ex-Klansman wasn't just a passive member of the nation's most notorious hate group. According to news accounts and biographical information, Sen. Byrd was a "Kleagle" -- an official recruiter who signed up members for $10 a head. He said he joined because it "offered excitement" and because the Klan was an "effective force" in "promoting traditional American values." Nothing like the thrill of gathering 'round a midnight bonfire, roasting s'mores, tying nooses, and promoting white supremacy with a bunch of your hooded friends.

The ex-Klansman allegedly ended his ties with the group in 1943. He may have stopped paying dues, but he continued to pay homage to the KKK. Republicans in West Virginia discovered a letter Sen. Byrd had written to the Imperial Wizard of the KKK three years after he says he abandoned the group. He wrote: "The Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

The ex-Klansman later filibustered the landmark 1964 Civil Rights Act -- supported by a majority of those "mean-spirited" Republicans -- for more than 14 hours. He also opposed the nominations of the Supreme Court's two black justices, liberal Thurgood Marshall and conservative Clarence Thomas. In fact, the ex-Klansman had the gall to accuse Justice Thomas of "injecting racism" into the Senate hearings. Meanwhile, author Graham Smith recently discovered another letter Sen. Byrd wrote after he quit the KKK, this time attacking desegregation of the armed forces.

The ex-Klansman vowed never to fight "with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

If this ex-Klansman were a conservative Republican, he would never hear the end of his sordid past. "Ex-Klansman who opposed civil rights and black justices" would appear in every reference to Sen. Byrd. And even the "ex-" would be in doubt. Maxine Waters and Ralph Neas and Julianne Malveaux and Al Sharpton and all the other left-wing bloodhounds who sniff racism in every crevice of American life would be barking up a storm over Sen. Byrd's latest fulminations. Instead, the attack dogs are busy decrying latent racial bigotry where it doesn't exist, while the real thing roams wild and free in their own political backyard.

©2001 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2003 5:27 p.m. EST

Byrd's KKK Alibi Comes Unraveled

Sen. Robert Byrd, D-W.V., has said repeatedly over the years that he joined the notorious anti-black hate group the Ku Klux Klan during World War II - not because he was a racist but because the Klan had taken a strong stance against communism, a system of government that then existed only in the Soviet Union.

But Byrd's KKK alibi doesn't stand up to even the most cursory historical scrutiny, as a World War II veteran pointed out to NewsMax.com Wednesday.

"When Byrd said he joined the Klan, it couldn't have been famous for being anti-Communist, since in 1943 the Soviet Union was our crucial ally in World War II," said our source, who served in the Air Force, then known as the Army Air Corps, in preparation for the Normandy invasion.

"In 1943 Franklin Roosevelt was still calling Stalin 'Uncle Joe'," he added. "And I remember U.S. military maps that showed the Red Army's advances toward Berlin, which was something we were all happy about."

Further puncturing Sen. Byrd's KKK alibi, the World War II vet recalled, "There would have been no reason for any patriotic American to have been anti-Communist in 1943 - because we were doing everything we could to help the Reds beat Hitler on the Eastern Front."

In fact, anti-communism didn't emerge as a genuine force in American politics until 1947, with the outbreak of the Cold War - four years after Byrd says he left the Klan. Two weeks ago the West Virginia Democrat's press secretary Tom Gavin said his boss had belonged to the Klan for only "a number of months."

It was during this period that Byrd - supposedly by then an EX-Klansman - was advising Grand Imperial Wizard Samuel Green on whom to appoint to important posts in the hierarchy of the hate group. In a letter to Green, Byrd urged, "the Klan is needed today as never before and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia" and "in every state in the Union."

A year later, in 1948, Byrd opposed President Truman's initiative to integrate the Armed Forces - and he did so using the language of a very much active Klansman.

The powerful Senate Democrat vowed then that he would "never submit to fight beneath that banner [the American flag] with a Negro by my side. Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."

"If Byrd said he thought the Klan's main job was fighting communism, he's either not being honest about why he joined - or he was a Klansman a lot longer than he now wants to admit," said the World War II vet.

By the way, I agree that Bush was a "Favorite son" when it came time for Vietnam!

I detest all those who used powerful influences to keep them away from the front lines. But remember, clinton went to the Soviet Union instead..He didn't do the Vietnam tour of duty either! Al Gore, well he was in the service, but his powerful political father got him a nice cushy journalist stint during the war.

I admire Sen. McCain who was a POW during Vietnam, and when the VietCong found out his father was an ADMIRAL, they offered his release, and Sen McCain refused and chose to stay with his fellow POW's.

When it comes to character, not one member or political figure can shine this man's shoes.

Not Clinton, not Gore and not Bush!

Hopeful, you are all over the place! This thread was started to show how Bush manipulates facts to get his picture in the paper. He got caught! The war is not going well and no matter how he paints the picture 100's of Americans are losing their lives. I don't care what former Senators or Presidents lied about. When it comes to our troops I do care why they are there. No one lost their life because a Senator used the term "white ******" or because Clinton said he didn't have sex with someone. 100's of Americans and countless Iraqi civilians have lost their lives over the lies Bush has told us. There is a big difference!

MiAAMi:
I was responding to Jimntx' remark about Republican's and the OLD SOUTH and how he accused Republicans of being anti this and anti that. He needed to be reminded about Senator Byrd and his KKK past.

SO I guess it's ok for a president to lie as long as no one dies. I see your logic!

Do you remember Kennedy and Johnson and their hand in the Vietnam War. Not much different than Nixon's.

You wanna talk about lost lives, ok, let's talk!

After the terrorists tried bringing down the towers in 1993, what did Clinton do?

NOT A GODDAMN THING!
You think he would've untied the CIA and the FBI's hands to go out and get intelligence. He said after 9/11 occurred, he knew it was Bin Laden and he said he knew Bin Laden had a hand in the 1993 attack.

So let me ask you, MiAAmi, what did Clinton do?

I'll tell you what he did!
He allowed 9/11 to happen successfully!

He allowed all those lives to be lost on 9/11 becuase of his inaction.

Hey MiAAmi, do you remember the attack on the USS COLE In Yemen tha killed 17 US serviceman?

Let's me give you a brief recap of events.

Bill Clinton slashed the Defense budget! Well not only did they close military bases worldwide, they decommisioned all seagoing fueling tankers that kept all US Naval vessels afloat worldwid. Because of that, the USS COLE, like all other US Ships must get their fuel at ports rather than out at Sea.

Would you like to tack those 17 lives onto Clinton's death roster?

Let's get one thing straight! THE UNITED STATES HAS BEEN HATED SINCE 1948 WHEN ISRAEL CREATED IT'S OWN STATE! WE WILL CONTINUE TO BE HATED AS LONG AS WE OFFER OUR FULL SUPPORT TO THEM! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!
\

AND MIAAMI AND JIMNTX:

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL HAD SENATOR BYRD BEEN A REPUBLICAN, THE DEMOCRATS WOULD NEVER LET US FORGET IT!

I don't condone lying and I believe if you read any of my earlier post on this thread you will see that. You seem to manipulate things to favor your argument (similar to your buddy Bush). If you are trying to divert our attention away from Bush's fatal policies with improvised facts about past presidents, I can tell you it doesn't work. You just seem desperate!

Also, you may want to check your keyboard, I think your Caps Lock key is jammed.

Wait a minute there, MIAAMI.

You stated that Bush is responsible for all these deaths. I'm pointing out to you that under Clinton, there have been deaths as well. Many deaths. Your response to everyone of my posts is the same, BUSH LIED!
I heard you the first time. Read my earlier posts, Have I said he DIDN'T lie?
Is that your whole defense, HE LIED?

I'm bringing up all these little diddies about past president's, democrat and republic alike. But your answer is the same, BUSH LIED!

I'm telling you that Clinton's policies have killed. DO YOU HEAR THIS?
His inaction caused the 9/11 deaths. His typical democratic defense cutting caused the 17 deaths on the USS COLE. And all you can say is BUSH LIED?

Here we have Clinton, an educated intelligent man, telling the nation that he didn't have sexual relations with Monica. All he got was a BLOW JOB? But that lying didn't get anyone killed. But the Clinton's Whitewater scandal got Vince Foster killed. Your response, BUSH LIED!

Hey while you're at it. Nixon's WATERGATE didn't get anyone killed!
Was it ok for Nixon to lie. Whether it's about wiretapping or blowjobs and cigar stuffed vaginas, LYING IS WRONG, ESPECIALLY FOR THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF!

This is why my caps are on!

You don't seem to differ with Clinton's policies on national defense!

His fatal policies killed those in the WTC on 9/11. Not Bush's.

This whole ANTI BUSH topic needs some rebuttal. You need to look at the record of all previous presidents, republican and democrat alike, You will find that their actions and inactions have caused people of all kinds to be affected, both good and bad. Read my earlier posts, I don't recall RAH-RAH-ING the IRAQ war. I personally feel Bush should have used every resource to find Bin Laden.

MiAAMI, were you against the Gulf War I? The world was united around the US to free Kuwait. That is exactly what we did. There were 70-100,000 Iraqi soldiers killed in that conflict. But not after the Iraqis raped multitudes of Kuwaiti women and killed men, old and young alike in front of their mothers!

How did you feel about that MiAAmi?

The UN gave the US a mandate to free Kuwait. That's what we did. General Schwarzkopf wanted to march into Baghdad 150 miles away and eliminate Saddam once and for all. Bush I disagreed because the UN mandate was to just free kuwait and now we hear from the monday morning democratic quarterbacks that had we eliminated Saddam then, this would not be an isssue now.

Funny, the democrats NOW would have liked Bush I to go against the UN in retrospect, but decry Bush II for NOT getting a UN mandate!

Can't win with you liberal democrats!

Latest posts