CALL US BACK

CALLRESBACK

Aug 11, 2006
Help Wanted!! There are a couple (maybe more) of us furloughed res agents that want to be called back. MCO recently placed ad in Orlando newspaper that they were hiring Customer Service Agents.

Why hire off the street, :down: when there are able, willing, experienced employees out here waiting for a call back??? (Other than salary issues)

Can anyone help me find out what it takes to get back in. We know there are current negotiations going on between HP/US unions. Who is calling the shots? Do we have a chance. In four months we reach the end for the 4yr call back period, we'd like to come back now! :up:

Help Wanted!! There are a couple (maybe more) of us furloughed res agents that want to be called back. MCO recently placed ad in Orlando newspaper that they were hiring Customer Service Agents.

Why hire off the street, :down: when there are able, willing, experienced employees out here waiting for a call back??? (Other than salary issues)

Can anyone help me find out what it takes to get back in. We know there are current negotiations going on between HP/US unions. Who is calling the shots? Do we have a chance. In four months we reach the end for the 4yr call back period, we'd like to come back now! :up:

I second that ! Been waiting for a "non early out" opening for 6 months, also in MCO.

I second that ! Been waiting for a "non early out" opening for 6 months, also in MCO.
Stop being picky, and put in a transfer to all stations and you will be called back. People are being upgraded to fulltime, and called back to partime everyday. How many cities have you put in a transfer too? My guess is one. Am I right? If I am, don't complain about not being called back because the jobs are there if you want to work.

Stop being picky, and put in a transfer to all stations and you will be called back. People are being upgraded to fulltime, and called back to partime everyday. How many cities have you put in a transfer too? My guess is one. Am I right? If I am, don't complain about not being called back because the jobs are there if you want to work.

Not complaining. If US is in need of employee's, maybe they should send correspondence out to all that were involuntarily furloughed.
I would be willing and able to work as a temp in the Customer Relations in PHXHQ, or at ATO in almost any city out there. I am sure there are quite a few that would be willing to do this. It seems as though we are forgotten about. Wouldn't you agree?

Can anyone please PM me a fax/phone number for transfer requests? Can't seem to get anywhere with the numbers I have.

Also, personal situation limits me to just a few cities. I do currently have bids in for both full and part time openings to more than one city.

Who's being "picky". Some of us had 17 years at Orlando res. Not everyone can uproot their family and transfer else where. Besides at the time, things were so uncertain with the airline, there were no guarantees that other offices would remain open, thus risking having to relocate a second time. The main point we are trying to make is that if US Airways is now in a position to rehire, they should have at least sent us a letter, giving us first choice. I'm sure they did hire off the street, because there was an ad for the jobs in the Orlando Sentinel. Even after I "applied", I still did not get a call from HR.

I was furloughed after 911 in Mco/FT and I still have not been called back and I have about 25 Full timers ahead of me to be recalled. So before they even get to anyone else they have to recall everyone on this list. But Mco says they are still filling these EO vacancys and that is why they are hiring off the street for 8/hour. Their turnover is very high because once these people start working for the 8/hour they realize it is too much to put up for that pay. I would like to know who is keeping track of the EO vacancys because they have hired ALOT of people off the street to fill the EO positions!! Bottom line is $$ and they are not willing to bring back employees to the station they were furloughed from because they can pay someone 8/hour. But in the long run not only does the employees pay but the customers suffer most of all.

Before the CWA/IBT allicance, AW customer service contract provided a 6 year furlough time frame. I emailed and mailed my local CWA office urging them to negotiate a 6year furlough provision, but I did not hear a word from them. I also believe other work groups have a longer furlough period than Customer Service. If the furloughees want their voices heard what are the options? :unsure: