Can you spot a pattern?

Fixed Wing

Senior
Jun 19, 2004
April 24, 2007

Dear US Airways Customers,
With the difficult days of the first quarter behind us, our recovery from our reservations migration process is well underway. We’ve got a lot of work to do as we gear up for the start of the busy summer travel season.

As our latest round of tough weather moves out our Reservations centers are getting back to normal, reducing hold time for customers. We’re moving through a backlog of customer letters to our Customer Relations representatives. Lines are back to normal at our airports as we make daily progress with our electronic kiosks, and our employees are becoming more familiar with the single reservations system we launched March 4, which means they are better able to serve you.

We learned a host of lessons from the migration March 4 that we’ve begun building into our computer systems and will continue to implement going forward. Some of these “fixes†are fairly technical, so we won’t go in to detail here, except to say that new software and better airport processes will allow our airport employees to focus less on keystrokes and more on getting you where you need to be, on time, with your bag. Every day gets us a little closer to that goal.

Our 37,000 employees have worked very hard under trying circumstances to deliver the level of service you expect. We’re proud of them. We appreciate their hard work and dedication to our customers.

Despite the initial difficulties of the past few weeks, the Reservations migration was a significant milestone in the merger of US Airways and the former America West Airlines. It was an important milestone for our customers as well. With one reservations system, we will be able to provide you with even better, more efficient customer service. With each passing day, the benefits of this system become more apparent.

There are no more transfers to "US Airways" or "America West" reservations centers. Agents at all centers can help you.
We’re combined at the airports as well – no "America West" or “US Airways†ticket counters and queues.
Our kiosks can handle all flights (no more figuring out if you’re on an "East" or "West" flight).
Our Web Check-in at usairways.com is easier and faster to use.

We invite you to use our web site – usairways.com – to book your travel, and to check in and print your boarding pass.

Once again, we apologize to those customers who were inconvenienced during the initial migration and ensuing storms. We thank you for your patience and your continued loyalty.

Thank you for flying with US.
Doug Parker
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
US Airways

Scott Kirby
President
US Airways

All they do is say "I'm Sorry" or "we apologize." The pax are sick or hearing it and the employees are sick of hearing it. If you run an airline correctly and listen to your employees and get it right the first time, you don't need this nonsense. Just watch that CLT town hall meeting, he is so pathetic, you ALMOST feel sorry for him.

Did he bring the res migration booklet with all the to-do lists? Shame, shame on you scottie. Me thinks there is something mentally wrong with you!

I have spent the last 25 years raising 3 beautiful, strong, upstanding daughters. The number one thing in our house has been to acknowledge a mistake or error and apologize for the offense and right the wrong. So I will take the apology, thank you very much.

But the next step is to learn from your mistakes and not do it again........so we shall see. Unfortunetly, I cannot ground those gentlemen or threaten restrictions on use of the car. But they are forwarned......"Don't make me pull this plane over"!

Again, it comes down to inexperience. They DO NOT know how to run a major global carrier, they never had to play with the big boys.
It's a shame they don't offer Airline 101 in college.

I have spent the last 25 years raising 3 beautiful, strong, upstanding daughters. The number one thing in our house has been to acknowledge a mistake or error and apologize for the offense and right the wrong. So I will take the apology, thank you very much.

But the next step is to learn from your mistakes and not do it again........so we shall see. Unfortunetly, I cannot ground those gentlemen or threaten restrictions on use of the car. But they are forwarned......"Don't make me pull this plane over"!
THAT IS FREAKING FUNNY!!!!

we are always in the news.. operational problems... 2 bks... etc etc.. you dont hear this much crap from other companies.. they know when to SHUT UP. they know how to hide their problems and work them out internally..and let me tell they all have problems.. and WN is no exception.. they are not all happy campers. they have a very large turnover in employees.. but that is what tempe wants and they have stated... this is not a career you come and you go. 8.57 per hour. if you are making 18.00 max pay they will gladly show you the door. Jetblue has their CSA s sign a 5 year contract and you leave. granted there is alot of flack about how our unions are representing us but if it was not for them the money senior people are making is because we have unions otherwise we would all be making diddly. vote democratic in 2008 and you will find that the unions will have more buying power until then it will be an upward battle.. you get what you pay for.

Latest posts