Can't Wait To Start!

Ryan

Advanced
May 13, 2003
As the start date for my training draws near, I get more and more excited every day. It's still over two months away, but it's two months too many.
I was down at the school a few weeks ago talking a fella still working on his license. He told me some great stories of learning to fly helicopters, and some of the sites there are to see while doing it. Said every day students come in from solo flights saying, " I found this beautifull waterfall here, and a nice valley over there...." Even finding some 'grow-ops' isn't too hard. Also, he told me about something over on Saltspring Island called the Redneck Highchair. Anyone here every seen it? Guess it's some old love seat that's been dragged up a tree and tied on facing the sunset.
Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement. Anyone else starting their training this year?

What!? I can't be the only member going off to training this year. Soon I'll actually be able to have a wee bit of input on threads instead of the same old questions. But then I'll probably have even more questions when I finish my training!
Anyways, got my spiffy new HGU-56 delivered today. What a beauty. Was happy my big fat head fit in the thing! Sure has great build quality too, and the ANR will be worth the extra $$ if it does it's job and saves my hearing. But then the ear seals are so well made I couldn't hear my wife talking to me. Hmmm, maybe I'll wear it when I'm not flying too. :rolleyes:

I might just join you in the flight training.

I'm waiting to hear from Winnie whether or not the company he's working for is going to match CHL's offer of free training (See other thread in Operations section). Should they follow thru, I will be sporting a big grin much like you. :up:

But only if it's free....Winnie, did you hear that? F...R...E...E..........free. :up: :up:

Yeah Mag's, anything for you !

Come here and I'll show you what a real machine wil do (The Schweizer 300C) Since I know you're reluctant to go up in a 1968 206B!

Cheers :up:

can you get me equal time in an R22. I don't want to be excluded from any job possibilities. With my track record, and number of bridges burned, it'll be hard enough getting a flying job, regardless if I have trained with you.... the highest decorated flight instructor in canada :up: .
I want to see your trophy cabinet with all the awards you've won. :up:

I am actually impressed with your 100% "survivabilty" rate. However, take on me and it'll drop a bit.... :shock:

Now Magseal,
I won't let you go for the test until i'm SURE you'll pass!

:D
AND AFTERWARDS WE'LL COOK RIBS ON THE BARBIE!!

hey did i hear FREE !!!!!!!!!
what ,when ,were ????????????? <_<

as for getting started ....well i'm some what new at this as well ,just got my cpl-h last september and talk about excitement i just got back from a cross country trip with a brand new 300 CBI ..... :up: :up: from schweizer plant to abbotsford B.C. B) now that's what i call fun .........

salut !!

hey l'acadian,

was great meeting you. glad you had a fun trip....... :D

good luck in your endeavours :up:

412driver

Hey 412Driver, di our man behave? di he get a Large Mocha and a Chocolate Eclair?

L'Acadian, how was the trip? give us a call! :up:

Ofcourse!!

Absolutely no slack here! Nosir! No slack!! :D :up:

I'm glad they had a nice trip, sorry they couldn't stop by here, but thats customs for ya!

Maybe next time?

Cheers! :huh:

So lets hear it for offers!

London is still open, and the Beers will be cold, I mean the coffee will be warm!
Hangar is open, we will have the space and so on!

Cheers :D :up:

well come on guys let me savor the moment.. :D :D ......stop talking about another ferry trip .......i haven't stopped crying since i got back from the last one :p and there u go planning another !! through the grape vine i heared trucking,because it was a winter delivery ?? anyway !!

salut !!

nah, those 300 heaters are the best i have ever experienced in a helicopter. so winter would be in...... :up:

we are just about booked solid for fall so maybe nobody available to ferry that's why we are thinking to truck it.

i would love to do that trip with the missus. of course, she would have to adapt to the "minimum" baggage rule :p