When's The Call Going To Come?

I am indeed for real, and I know a whole bunch of other people like me that would love to do it, but can't because of time restraints. A lot of them go down to US Airways, but can't take the job when they find out they re-bid their shifts every 3 months. In no way are any of my comments meant to strike up debates or anything of that nature.

Jonnyd said:
I am indeed for real, and I know a whole bunch of other people like me that would love to do it, but can't because of time restraints. A lot of them go down to US Airways, but can't take the job when they find out they re-bid their shifts every 3 months. In no way are any of my comments meant to strike up debates or anything of that nature.
jonnyd,

Would you be more specific as to why you see a career in marketing or op's a good career choice. Are college career counselors guiding you in this direction?
Surely you have seen what has happened to airline employees in the last few years. Many if not most holding a college degree. As an example piloting was ranked in top 3 most preferred jobs untill recently, now it ranks around 26. When I was a kid ( about a million years ago ) airline mehanics were highly respected and paid accordingly, now they are treated as Jiffy lubers by Mgt. Same for other fields but I wont labor the point. My 2 cents....work for yourself. Wish i had.

For the love of...

Will you all give him a break. You a such a depressing lot of individuals, really...

Throwing bags is a great job at that age. I would have rather done that than put myself through college working construction. You think loading an Airways Aircraft is tough? Try working for UPS in a sorting center, unloading a steaming hot trailer truck at 60-90 boxes a MINUTE. I never remember seeing a TV to watch in any break roon there either...

My point, I would have LOVED to worked for an airline then, and I am sure that it would have been tough, but hard work never kept me from liking a job.

Whaaa, rain whaa sleet, sniff, sniff. Pu-Leese. Sure it is a tough job, but feel free to list off a few jobs at that pay rate that you can get nowadays that do not involve putting up with a ton of crap, inside or outside.

Fact is if YOU do not like your job, that is your issue, but let this guy make up his OWN mind about if this is a good job for him. I for one am glad to see even one more person with a positive attitude at US.

Welcome aboard, see you at the MDA gates this fall.

Jonnyd said:
This is a troll folks.

C'mon, our fresh-face innocent "jony d" knows US re-bids shifts every three months yet is utterly ParisHilton-daft when it comes to the hiring process?

Gwan son, go give 'em another phone call to "see what is going on" with your application.

Yeah, I do know about US Airways' hiring process, and I know that from the time you start your background check to the time they call you, it shouldn't take over 3 weeks!!!! I eventually came to find out it's because they were shifting the positions over to MDA.

From Jonnyd's very first post, the whole thing sounded suspicious to me. I think the dead give away was in one of his posts he used the words "guys/gals". What kid would use the term "gals" unless he was a 40 or 50 year old kid. That is definately a word older people use for girls or women not a teen or young adult. Some of the othe terminology used could only be from someone that has worked in the industry.

Something is fishy here! <_<

hahaha...I figured my use of the word "gals" was going to draw some criticism sometime, and no, I'm not 40 or 50 or even 30. I'm 20 and turning 21 in a few weeks. I know a lot about the industry, and have a lot of friends in the industry. What terminology are you referring to that only people in the industry would use? I really see how anything could be fishy at all. I know it may be hard for some of you to believe that some people still really want to work in this industry.

I still think that it's the beginning of internet psychosis to care about the motivations behind the words appearing on your computer screen. The identity or motivations of the poster doesn't have any effect on the ideas illicited by the words on the screen. Does the identity of the poster effect whether or not many airline jobs are really 'careers' today? Does the identity of the poster reveal anything about the demographics of applicants? I guess we're all afraid that everyone who reads these boards might think for themselves. Hey, some people are stupid and won't understand the truth of things if they come crashing down on their heads. Other people are insightful and will take everything for what it's worth. Relax already.

This thread has reached 3 pages!?! I answered his question in the 7th post of this thread. I'd say that he has been successful in his trolling.

Back