Carty Needs to Resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just wanted to put my 2 cents in.
first of all, carty is doing a good job in my opinion granted he is no crandall but not many are.second, the airlines ALL OF THEM have been screwing the business flyers for years. i mean come on we used to charge them 1800.00 to go coast to coast and all the while a non-rever sits next to them and payes 76.00. if i was a business man there would have to be a very good reason for letting them screw me like that.i hate to say it but we should be ashamed of ourselves for treating someone so important to our business that way.
basically its OUR OWN FAULT!!!!!
11.gif']

I will give you this much, the bread and butter isn't flying right now. However, 9/11 isn't the entire reason they are not flying. This was occurring long before 9/11 and AA is using this as an excuse to downgrade their service. Also, if Carty is doing such a great job then why do most the current round of furloughs seem to be coming from the middlemen in the company and not those in management?

Oh and By the way, you are correct we are not in Kansas anymore. Instead, the former employees in Kansas are standing in the unemployment line. Way to Go Don!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 1:31:55 AM Flyboy4u wrote:

Oh and By the way, you are correct we are not in Kansas anymore. Instead, the former employees in Kansas are standing in the unemployment line. Way to Go Don!
----------------
Flybou4u,

You should get your geography straight. I really think you meant Missouri....(Kansas is not in Missouri)

I think you need to go back and read what's actually been said. The only thing being blamed on 9/11 is the added hassle-factor and the cost of security. The economy has being consistently blamed for the bigger dropoffs.

If 9/11 were the only factor, I think you'd have seen a lot more force majeure changes implemented by all the carriers.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 2:55:35 PM Imagolfer wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 12:33:53 PM ITRADE wrote:

No, but Kansas City is.
----------------
You have got to be kidding me! Kansas City is in Kansas? I am glad you are not trading with my money! Kansas City IS IN MISSOURI
----------------
[/blockquote]

You went to public schools in the USA didn't you.

Kansas City is in Missouri AND Kansas! The city spans the borders. Therefore, BOTH states have a city named [i]Kansas City[/i]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 12:33:53 PM ITRADE wrote:

No, but Kansas City is.
----------------
You have got to be kidding me! Kansas City is in Kansas? I am glad you are not trading with my money! Kansas City IS IN MISSOURI

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/8/2002 3:24:11 PM WingNaPrayer wrote:

You went to public schools in the USA didn't you.

Kansas City is in Missouri AND Kansas! The city spans the borders. Therefore, BOTH states have a city named "Kansas City"
----------------
[/blockquote]

Like wow! Like, next you're like going to tell me that there is like more than one George Bush?

[P] [/P]
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/8/2002 2:55:35 PM Imagolfer wrote:
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/8/2002 12:33:53 PM ITRADE wrote: [BR][BR]No, but Kansas City is.[BR]----------------[BR]You have got to be kidding me!  Kansas City is in Kansas?  I am glad you are not trading with my money!  Kansas City IS IN MISSOURI
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]
[P] [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]Dear God......[/P]
[P][A href=http://www.wycokck.org/]http://www.wycokck.org/[/A][/P]

When your plane lands, you are in Kansas City, Missouri, if you want to get shot, go to Kansas City, Kansas. The airport, the Chiefs, the Royals, are all in Kansas City, Missouri. We like to pretend KCKS doesn't exsist.

You got that right Bags.I was a truck driver and I remember my dispatcher saying to get a load from May co. in KCKS and keep the windows up and doors locked-get in and out!

Where did the high yield business go?

Read this:

NETJETS ORDERS 50 CJ3s AND 12 CITATION Xs

Orlando, Florida, September 10, 2002 – Cessna Aircraft Company and NetJets Inc. have announced an agreement whereby NetJets will purchase 50 Citation CJ3s, with an option for 50 more, and 12 Citation Xs for its fleet of fractional ownership aircraft. This latest agreement between the companies is valued at over $300 million. Citation X deliveries will occur in 2004, and initial deliveries of the CJ3 will begin in 2005.

Cessna Chairman and CEO Russ Meyer said, “We are very proud that NetJets, with whom we have shared a long and mutually beneficial relationship, has chosen our new CJ3 for their fleet. With its outstanding performance, low operating cost, and most spacious and comfortable cabin in its class, we are confident that the CJ3 will quickly become a favorite among NetJets customers.

“The Citation X’s popularity with NetJets customers is evidenced by their new order for 12 additional airplanes. This is in addition to the 58 Citation Xs that they currently have in service, and the 18 that remain undelivered for which we have purchase agreements. NetJets’ Citation X fleet travels more miles every day than any other model in their fleet, and we are pleased that even more NetJets customers will be able to take advantage of the Citation X’s unmatched speed and economical transcontinental capabilities.â€

NetJets Chairman Richard Santulli stated, “As the pioneer of fractional aircraft ownership, our strategy has been to offer NetJets owners the best light, mid-size and large cabin aircraft in the world. With the addition of the CJ3 and new Citation Xs to our fleet, which already includes Citation VIIs, Ultras, Encores, Bravos and Excels, we will continue to offer our customers the most efficient and cost-effective way to travel.

“Our relationship with Cessna is based upon Cessna’s demonstrated ability to develop and produce quality aircraft that meet the needs of our customers. Further, Cessna’s commitment to excellent product support, coupled with its worldwide network of factory-owned Citation Service Centers, represented a factor in our decision.â€

NetJets will take delivery of its 200th Citation in the fourth quarter 2002. Once deliveries are completed on all current purchase agreements, NetJets will have over 350 Citations in its fleet, plus another 100 that are covered by options.

NetJets® Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. company, is the world’s largest operator of private business jets. Richard Santulli introduced the concept of fractional aircraft ownership in 1986. NetJets has ordered over $21 billion worth of aircraft to meet the evolving needs of NetJets owners. Today, NetJets manages over 485 aircraft, with more than 820 aircraft on order. NetJets fractional aircraft ownership programs are available in the U.S., Europe and the Middle East. More information on NetJets is available through its Web Site at http:// www.netjets.com/ www.netjets.com

Cessna Aircraft Company is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT), a $12 billion multi-industry company with more than 51,000 employees in 40 countries. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Cessna Aircraft, Bell Helicopter, Kautex,

CITATIONSHARES ORDERS 50 CESSNA CITATIONS

Orlando, Florida, September 10, 2002 – CitationShares has placed an order with Cessna Aircraft Company for 50 additional new aircraft to serve its fractional jet owners and accommodate the company’s carefully planned regional expansion.

CitationShares has ordered 25 state-of-the-art Citation CJ3 the new business jet just announced by Cessna Aircraft Company. The order also includes 25 Citation Excel’s. Delivery of aircraft included in the new order will be phased in over a period of three years starting in 2004.

“The Citation CJ3 and Excel are perfect aircraft for CitationShares’ regional fractional ownership program. They will fully meet the needs of their growing customer base,†said Roger Whyte, Cessna Senior Vice President of Marketing. “This order solidifies the Citation Excel’s position as the most popular business jet in general aviation, and is an enormous vote of confidence for the CJ3.â€

When CitationShares began operating in July 2000, the company placed an initial order for 50 Cessna Citation aircraft comprised of CJ1’s, Bravo’s and Excel’s. Delivery of these remaining aircraft will be made by the end of 2003.

“Our fleet expansion has been painstakingly calculated to accommodate the varying needs of our growing number of owners,†said John Hall, CitationShares’ senior vice president of sales and marketing. “At the same time, we have carefully quantified the number of aircraft we will need to service our anticipated growth over the next several years.â€

CitationShares currently operates the Citation CJ1, with low acquisition and operating
costs, advanced avionics, and jet performance for the price of a turboprop; the Bravo, which combines the newest-generation jet engines, avionics and flight controls with best-in-class mission flexibility. Additionally, the Citation Excel has recently been added to the CitationShares fleet. The Excel is the only business jet offering the stand-up cabin comfort of a midsize jet with the economy and mission flexibility of a light jet, which can carry eight passengers at a cruising speed of 500 miles per hour over a range of 2,100 statute miles.

The combination of a wide range of shareholder plans and a growing fleet of light- to mid-size efficient jets make the concept of private jet travel affordable, and for the first time, practical. CitationShares’ jets suit the needs of the typical trip, saving the corporate and individual traveler time and money. With CitationShares, private jet travel is no longer an exercise in self-indulgence, but rather a measure of self-sufficiency.

Cessna Aircraft Company is a subsidiary of Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT), a $12 billion multi-industry company with more than 51,000 employees in 40 countries. Textron is known around the world for its powerful brands such as Cessna Aircraft, Bell Helicopter, Kautex, Lycoming, E-Z-GO and Greenlee, among others. More information is available at www.textron.com.

CitationShares Holdings L.L.C., based in Greenwich, Conn., is a joint venture of Cessna Aircraft Company and TAG Aviation USA, Inc. For further information, contact CitationShares, Greenwich American Centre, 5 American Lane, Greenwich, Conn., 06831; 203-861-9553, or

Falcon 2000 Series Grows in Popularity; First Falcon 2000EX Nears Certification

In just a few months, the first Falcon 2000EXs will enter the final stage of certification and be on their way to eager customers. The new 3800 nm 2000EX is proving to be a celebrated addition to the Falcon family. It will join its twin-engine sibling, the Falcon 2000, as one of the most popular aircraft built by Dassault.

We are essentially building on the success of the Falcon 2000 program, said Charles Edelstenne, Chairman of Dassault Aviation. By the end of 2004, between deliveries of the Falcon 2000 and 2000EX, we will surpass the 275-aircraft mark.

According to Cuvillier, the already-popular 2000EX is being built on schedule. S/n 9 is already at the Bordeaux-Mérignac plant for its final assembly.

Fractional Ownership Programs
NetJets® found an active market for Falcon 2000 models soon after placing their initial order in 1997. Over thirty of those aircraft are now flying for their fractional program in the United States and Europe. More recently, NetJets signed on for fifty 2000EXs (25 firm with options for 25 more) and added six more Falcon 2000s to their original order. The combined firm order from NetJets (for the U.S., European and Middle East programs) is currently one hundred aircraft strong.

Longer Legs and New Engines
The Falcon 2000EX is a longer-legged version of the 2000, offering a 25% increase in range. Based on the standard equipped aircraft with six passengers, NBAA IFR reserves and at a normal cruising speed of .80 Mach, the nonstop capability increases from 3040 nm in the Falcon 2000, to 3800 nm nautical miles in the Falcon 2000EX. The main benefit is to allow westbound nonstop flights from Paris or London to the east coast of the United States, even into stiff winter headwinds; or eastbound flights to Europe from major Midwestern cities like Detroit, Chicago and Minneapolis. Other headwind legs like Dubai to London and São Paulo to Miami will also be achievable nonstop. And, when range is not a factor, shorter legs can be flown at higher speeds. This dramatic improvement is mostly attributable to new PW308C turbofans.