Carty Reduces Amr To.........

We should be calling this thread: "The rehabilitation of Robert Crandall"!! This man was uniformly hated thruout the company and now he's talked about like he's Jesus! Nobody likes Carty, but give me a break!!!

AMR CORP DEL : AMR
Last 3 mos. Last 12 mos.
Relation Date Trans

Relation Date TransType Form Shares Traded Price Shares Held
ARPEY, GERARD J. PR 12/31/2002 JS Form 4 (13,000) 0.0000 128,040

CARTY, DONALD J. EX VP 12/31/2002 JS Form 4 (37,000) 0.0000 677,275

MCNAMARA, ANNE H. SR VP 12/31/2002 JS Form 4 (10,000) 0.0000 166,300

HORTON, THOMAS W. CFO 5/15/2002 JB Form 4 15,000 20.8200 96,760
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you Notice Carty STILL holds Majority

Filing Results
Person : DONALD J. CARTY
(to date)

SEARS ROEBUCK & CO S-3 3/12/2004
SEARS ROEBUCK & CO 10-K 3/10/2004
SEARS ROEBUCK & CO 4 1/6/2004
DELL INC S-8 12/16/2003
DELL INC S-8 12/16/2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES INC 10-Q 10/24/2003
SEARS ROEBUCK & CO 4 10/3/2003
TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC/TX 424B4 8/13/2003
TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES INC/TX S-3/A 7/31/2003
DELL INC 4 7/22/2003
AMR CORP 10-Q 7/18/2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES INC 10-Q 7/18/2003
SEARS ROEBUCK & CO 4 7/7/2003
BRINKER INTERNATIONAL INC S-8 5/30/2003
DELL INC DEF 14A 5/30/2003
AMR CORP 10-Q 5/15/2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES INC 10-Q 5/15/2003
DELL INC PRE 14A 5/5/2003
DELL INC 10-K 4/28/2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES INC 8-K 4/25/2003
AMR CORP 8-K 4/25/2003
AMR CORP DEF 14A 4/24/2003
AMR CORP S-8 4/17/2003
AMR CORP 10-K 4/15/2003
AMERICAN AIRLINES INC 10-K 4/15/2003

My Mar14 reply acknowledges that Carty is still on the BOD [because he is a majority shareholder] and all AMR management did was window dressing.My view is that Don Carty is still running AA from behind the scenes. Until AMR BOD completely removes Don Carty and all ties to AA the trust cannot be rebuilt between AA management and labor.My previous posts also point out some of RC's flaws but fact remains the same that he was respected by most of the employees.He did make some stupid mistakes like saying his pilots still believed the earth was flat.RC was very confrontational at labor negoiation time but AA was his baby and he cared more about the long term success of AA than did Don Carty.[Don Carty and his buds only cared about current stock prices which had a direct affect on their bank account]

Being a major shareholder (and 677K shares ain't squat!) does not a board member make.

DC is not on the AMR board of directors. All directors have to be listed, and he's not on the list. If he were, and the company withheld the information, all hell would break loose at the SEC.

Relax, he's gone. They may call on him from time to time for consulting, or to follow up on some of the shenannigans he's pulled, but that's it. The only question remaining is whether or not they pay him a consulting fee every time they call him.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Gerard J. Arpey
President and Chief Executive Officer
AMR Corporation/American Airlines, Inc.
(Air Transportation)
Fort Worth, Texas

Edward A. Brennan
Executive Chairman, AMR
Retired Chairman, President
and Chief Executive Officer
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
(Merchandising)
Chicago, Illinois

John W. Bachmann
Managing Partner
Edward Jones
(Financial Services)
St. Louis, Missouri

David L. Boren
President
University of Oklahoma
(Educational Institution)
Norman, Oklahoma

Armando M. Codina
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Codina Group, Inc.
(Real Estate Investments,
Development and Construction,
Property Management
and Brokerage Services)
Coral Gables, Florida

Earl G. Graves
Earl G. Graves, Limited
(Communications and Publishing)
Publisher and Chief Executive Officer
Black Enterprise Magazine
General Partner
Black Enterprise/Greenwich Street Corporate Growth Partners, L.P.
New York, New York

Ann McLaughlin Korologos
Chairman Emeritus
The Aspen Institute
(Educational and Public Policy Organization)
Aspen, Colorado

Michael A. Miles
Special Limited Partner
Forstmann Little & Co.
(Investment Banking)
New York, New York

Philip J. Purcell
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.
(Financial Services)
New York, New York

Joe M. Rodgers
Chairman
The JMR Group
(Investment Company)
Nashville, Tennessee

Judith Rodin
President
University of Pennsylvania
(Educational Institution)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Roger Staubach
The Staubach Group
(Real Estate Services)
Addison, Texas

source: www.amrcorp.com/corpinfo.htm

WingNaPrayer said:
Relax, he's gone.
That is true. Nonetheless, the compensation package ostensibly over which he was fired had to be approved by the BOD. How many of these people were on the board when the package was approved?

mweiss said:
That is true. Nonetheless, the compensation package ostensibly over which he was fired had to be approved by the BOD. How many of these people were on the board when the package was approved?
And the compensation package is still in place, I believe.

jimntx said:
Captain Chamberlin, do you really think that a Department run by a far right-wing Republican woman will even consider intervening in the injustices that have been done
Would a "far right-wing Republican" man make you sleep any easier at night?

goingboeing said:
"...My previous posts also point out some of RC's flaws but fact remains the same that he was respected by most of the employees.He did make some stupid mistakes like saying his pilots still believed the earth was flat.RC was very confrontational at labor negoiation time but AA was his baby and he cared more about the long term success of AA than did Don Carty..."
The truth is, most employes LOATHED Robert Crandall. He had the worst relationship with employees in the industry...maybe even in the entire USA. One time years ago when he was in trouble for possible "price fixing" with Braniff, there was a huge glass jar set up in DFW operations. It had a sign on it that said: CRANDALL DEFENSE FUND. (I never knew if this was serious or not...if the company actually wanted the employees to contribute to his legal defense fund to keep him out of Leavenworth.) Anyway, the glass jar was filled with trash, cigarette butts, etc. That was the general feeling about "Uncle Bobby." Now, I will say this. He was smarter than Carty. He had a lot of industry leading ideas (none labor friendly). Crandall could have been a great CEO if he had just learned how to work with labor.

WingNPrayer Thanks fot the BOD info and I stand corrected on Don Carty being on the BOD. I hope he is completely removed from AA as he wrecked this airline.

Some folks seem to be giving too much credit to one person. That's like thinking Bush runs the country. OK OK, Bush s an idiot and could not run his way out of a paper bag but you get the point.

Garfield1966 said:
Some folks seem to be giving too much credit to one person. That's like thinking Bush runs the country. OK OK, Bush s an idiot and could not run his way out of a paper bag but you get the point.
Gar, that's funny..."i'm George W.Bush and I approve of this commercial"....Ha
My grandfather built Leavenworth--,maybe I can reserve Carty a "room"....
FYI--Carty was being lauded for "Citizen of the Year" by Saint Louis University
until there was a total onslaught of complaints to the dean, the media, anyone that
would listen--started by TW'ers and continued by the people of STL. I saw an interview with one of the students of that university on the news were he said.
"We have decided that Mr. Carty was not what we wanted to portray
as the best image for our campus" TRUE. They cancelled his "party"--HA

orwell said:
jimntx said:
Captain Chamberlin, do you really think that a Department run by a far right-wing Republican woman will even consider intervening in the injustices that have been done
Would a "far right-wing Republican" man make you sleep any easier at night?
Don't get bent. It is merely a statement of fact that the current U.S. Secretary of Labor is female. It is a statement of disappointment and sorrow that she is a far right wing Republican.

Latest posts