Change Fee Appeal To Consumer Affairs

RowUnderDCA

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Ok.... after years of flying US and years of using USAirways.com, I feel Ive gotten my first screw over from US regarding a USAirways.com reservation purchase.

I managed to purchase a ticket that had BOTH the wrong return date AND be in reverse direction. I needed DCA-BOS-DCA, but managed to purchase BOS-DCA-BOS. Also, my return date was off by 3 months.

Upon noticing that, I called U reservations and had to buy a $500 ticket to replace my useless ticket that cost only $320. AND THEN without telling me, the ticket turns out to be $600 because of a change fee, conveniently NOT mentioned to me on the phone.

So, is there any hope with Consumer Affairs on Monday? Is there any chance that they'll know that I've never had a problem on USAirways.com in years and take pity on me? I don't plan to argue about the $180 increase in the fare, but at least want the change fee waived or a credit for future travel. Should I argue for more and be obnoxious? Do nice folks who call consumer affairs alwasy get ignored?

I seriously don't think that I just made both of these mistakes. Even if I did, can't you correct what is an obvious mistake. I'm not changing the ticket to a different destination... just fixing obvious mistakes.

Any advice would be appreciated. Of course, I can take mild ribbing, but please don't attack me.

4. Drop Deb Thompsons and Mark Kuhns name as the preson(s) you addressed the previous issues with and say you'd prefer to not have to involve them directly in such a simple matter. Rather you'd prefer to write them explaining how helpful you have been in resovling your issue.

It's "DEBORAH not Debra not Deb or Debbie" Thompson, and Ms. Thompson's on her way out. Mark Kuhns just left the company.

Yes, you're right, I don't like your answer. oh well.

Hey is there any reason to do all this in an email (and to whom)? Also, can I bargain for something else. I mentioned a credit for future purchase. But how about Silver status for res and boarding for a year?

I know, you experienced flyers probably wouldn't think that Silver status was that big of a deal, but I'm really just looking to have some trust in U again.. You know so that I'm not constantly in "DONT SCREW ME AGAIN" mode.

It's funny, but U called me to be on a customer panel a few months ago, you'd think they'll care about this a little. And a $500 fare to BOS isn't super cheap.

I used to get Silver status on U, just based on my personal, leisure travel, but that's not going to happen again, if I feel I'm in an adversarial relationship. Realistically, I'm NOT going to put the effort in that Piney describes. I'm the kind of low volumer, low maintenance, quiet, kiosk using passenger that goes to Europe once or twice a year, visits the g-parents two or three times a year and takes three or four business trips a year. Oh and of course, up to the Head of the Charles every third week in October.

wait, now that I think about it, I think I did have one other problem with U reservations... or was that United. Anyway, they researched the 'tape' and agreed with me and gave me some kind of credit.

I can kind of see why people get so motivated by this. It doesn't feel good to have bad relationships, even if it is a corporation. funny psychology.

:shock:

Row and Piney:

This just turns my stomach! The old US took away so many "Fix It Now" solutions, that things like this could be handled right away at the airport. Being in a position at one time, I used common sense. If you flew as many miles as you did, take into account the amount of money you spend per flight, the difference of the add collect by percent doesen't even register on any scale. So refund the add collect, issue a travel voucher for the amount of the dot com, and thank you for your continued business.

Too many times, customers are passed around for no good reason. I have always used the term "Fix it Now" and have it resolved in less than 24 hrs. My old Oak Brook Ill education went a long way.

I personaly would like to thank the both of you as well as the other travelers who have supported us over these years.

Jetman out......Have a great week! :up:

I recently had a similar ticketing problem, but it was with the CP desk. The CP desk gave me a hard time; However, when the looked at my reservation more closely, they said that they could tell that the agent made the mistake and not me. And, I absolutely HATE, we will waive it this ONE TIME...or this problem has NEVER happened in the past--I don't care if it has, hasn't, will, or won't--just fix the problem please sans the lectures.

It is required tha we state "one time only" a it is a "one off" and you dont know how many scammers call up with "a friend of a friend " stiry and why we should do things for them. I apologise but we work with constraints.

Yes, you're right, I don't like your answer. oh well.

Hey is there any reason to do all this in an email (and to whom)? Also, can I bargain for something else. I mentioned a credit for future purchase. But how about Silver status for res and boarding for a year?

Row:

If you talk or correspond with a
customer relations rep that takes
the time to research the matter,
you can probably get a $100
voucher to offset the fee. Change
fee refunds rarely are provided,
unless the customer pays to change
to an earlier flight and that flight
cancels.

Changes in command are coming
to US Customer Relations East and
compensation levels and options
will be changing along with the
departure of Ms. Thompson some
time in the next 6 months.

Upgrades in tier status have not
been in the tool box for several
years. I wouls stick with asking
for a refund of the change fee,
and if you get resistance, ask for
a voucher.

Under US West policy there are no vouchers anymore. This is part of the move to LCC.

Under US West policy there are no vouchers anymore. This is part of the move to LCC.

You're partially correct. In the next
18 months, US will most likely make
the move away from vouchers and
transition to HP's compensation
model which involves graduated
dollar amount coupons for future
ticket purchases. But, it has not
happened yet.

Unless it is a International flight or pre 18 Sep(may be wrong on actual date) there are no vouchers, and yes it has happened in res.