Change your strategy, Davey

----------------
On 8/2/2003 9:04:08 PM skyflyr69 wrote:

16,000 a year! thats pretty good if you ask me to start out. Paying passengers could care less what you make.The FAA demands that ALL airlines meet the same minimum standards so there is not much of a difference. The flying public wants cheap fares and if you have to take a cut well tough,welcome to the real world of the market place.
Airlines is a commodity business and you better get use to it. the days of $25.00/hr. cleaners, overpaid mechanics and flight attendants is over. its time the major airlines get labor/headcount costs down to the lowfare carriers like jetblue , SWA, Airtran , Frontier.
when that happens you may have a chance.

----------------​
Sky you must not care that your Safety is in my HANDS. I don't think that my job as being a Flight Attendant is over paid. I have been flying for 7 years and will be making about 30000. My CEO who put an airline in Bankrupcty is making over $700,000. At the same time my CEO is booting PAYING passengers off of an airplane to put him and his family and friends on a SPACE POSITIVE to go on vacation. NOT to mention that deleted by moderator I will tell you Sky the Flying Public isn't a joy these days. I need to collect hazard pay to come to work. How would you like to be poked in your side with a fork because a passenger is wanting something, Or better yet that a passenger is tugging on your shirt so hard that it has ripped. I don't get Cost of Living Expenses like other people do in their businesses. Sky you want CHEAP fairs, I believe the old phrase goes, " You get what you pay for." I remember growing up that when my parents to my brother and I on a plane we got into our Sunday Best. I don't think that the people today know what Sunday's Best would look like. When USAirways is now the number 7th airline and our Management is wanting cuts from the Employees, but they are taking them themselves that is bad. Dave Siegel and his what he calls Management team will be the end of USAirways. I think back to what Dave told a BOS Flight Attendant last summer at one of the meetings that he was giving and he informed this lady that her job was NEVER intended to be a Career. If Dave looks at the BIG Picture here he wouldn't have the Managers that he has today, since there are a LARGER number that started off their CAREERS as Flight Attendants with Alleghany, Piedmont, PSA, and USAir. So Sky take that as some food for thought. DON'T complain to me when we are serving meals and it cost you $10 bucks for it. Remember you are the one that you said you wanted a cheap fair. You can't have your cake and eat it too!!!!!
2.gif

Hey ..I've got an idea

At each airport install 10-50 kiosk machines. You know how easy they are to use. Then eliminate seat assignments, checked bags, first class and all those silly upgrades, meals and movies, and set 1 price per market. Remember the saying... " We'll serve meals when resturants fly..or was that pigs?? " PSA, I think, had these kiosk in their system back in 1978. Old technology.

And lastly..eliminate employees. All of them. They cost to much. Simple concept...right Dave.

There should be money for bonuses then...............

----------------
On 8/2/2003 9:04:08 PM skyflyr69 wrote:

16,000 a year! thats pretty good if you ask me to start out. Paying passengers could care less what you make.The FAA demands that ALL airlines meet the same minimum standards so there is not much of a difference. The flying public wants cheap fares and if you have to take a cut well tough,welcome to the real world of the market place.
Airlines is a commodity business and you better get use to it. the days of $25.00/hr. cleaners, overpaid mechanics and flight attendants is over. its time the major airlines get labor/headcount costs down to the lowfare carriers like jetblue , SWA, Airtran , Frontier.
when that happens you may have a chance.

----------------​
------------------------------------------------------------

And as I've been saying since 99, I'll trade contracts, WORK RULES AND ALL, with WN at any time. This challenge was issued to Gangwhal, who retreated with "...if we adopt the WN model, we'll have to reduce our aircraft to about 280..."

Anybody compared fleet counts lately?
7.gif

The sad truth is, you could replace EVERY contract on the property with WN's, and U would still lose money.

In the secret places of their hearts (I know that assumption's a stretch, but go with it!) the Palace Guards knew they did not have the business acumen and leadership skills to successfully operate an airline. Someone had to underwrite this shortcoming for U to operate. As Wolf said, this is the best business platform we have. We knew then, and have now seen what he meant.

Latest posts